ID fishing fix for PD

50 minutes ago, Lucid Mangos said:

Like I said I think asking for the ID for open carrying is fine. But having permanent access to someone's name for something their legally allowed to do is kind of dumb

Some peoples names are incredibly long and just having an ID card to go off and type it all out can lead to error, plus since you are trying to look up someone's name and have an ID card in your screen means you can literally get shot at any second and are basically paralyzed from doing anything about it for a couple of seconds.

+1 tired of these niggas talking shit with my IC name

38 minutes ago, Hambugler said:

Some peoples names are incredibly long and just having an ID card to go off and type it all out can lead to error, plus since you are trying to look up someone's name and have an ID card in your screen means you can literally get shot at any second and are basically paralyzed from doing anything about it for a couple of seconds.

again it could be a temporary thing, they get the name for like an hour. Regardless people who have long ass names its not like you can copy it just from having it show above their head.

45 minutes ago, Lucid Mangos said:

again it could be a temporary thing, they get the name for like an hour. Regardless people who have long ass names its not like you can copy it just from having it show above their head.

It literally disables the cop from shooting them when they have to (X) out of the ID prompft in the center of there screen. I actually don't have a problem with it being temporary mabye for like a week or so.

Edited by Hambugler
  • Dumb 1

Honestly I think the ID should only trigger recognition if the person is cuffed / restrained. It would make slightly more sense RP wise.

Cops realistically are way more likely to remember someone they’ve actually arrested and handcuffed rather than someone they just conducted a pitstop gun license check on. It’s the most convenient balance between both worlds.

A lot of cops *John Fraser* will just hunt the name down of as many individuals as they can, and someone (especially a cop) having your name makes you very susceptible to meta / power game. Not only can people who have your name see your face model and name on the tab menu whenever they want, but they have your faction as well. If a cop is in one faction on an alt, and they arrest someone who’s in an unfriendly faction, they’re naturally gonna be biased.

Another alternative if people want the system to stay the same so bad, is to make it so when you’re on a cop character, all non gov’t factions appear as “???” because why would a cop know what faction a person is in just by looking at their ID. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Hambugler said:

It literally disables the cop from shooting them when they have to (X) out of the ID prompft in the center of there screen. I actually don't have a problem with it being temporary mabye for like a week or so.

I think what you lacking to understand is that, when a cop comes up to you they ask for you id, you give it to them they search your name in the registry and if the person attempting to arrest someone for open carry is patrolling alone that's on them. You saying you need my name for a week after instead of an hour proves my point honestly. It's not that hard to go "hey I need to see ID, *pulls up registry Ctrl+f first name and first 3 letters of last* yup ok checks out" or the Ctrl+f finds you nothing and you attempt an arrest it doesn't change the process it changes who gets you name and for how long.

Edited by Lucid Mangos
20 hours ago, Lucid Mangos said:

never said I was invincible, but another think about is take into account even in real life cops get your id and theyll recognize you but they wont remember your name, unless you are frequently arrested. Another suggestion that could add too it is that its a temporary name remembrance. Where cops get your id and then they get your name for X amount of time. 

semi-true and not at the same time.

The cop wont recognize you, but 90% of the time they look at your ID, you're into the system for some sort of note or ticket and that usually jog's their memory when they see that THEY made the note/ticket.

• Like 1

also if you're well known enough, even NOT giving out your ID people will recognize you. For example, Walter "Lee Harvey Oswald" Dunbar, even cops recognize me even tho they dont have my f3, I'm just known. (sometimes might be metagame, but they can still easily recognize me without my f3)

35 minutes ago, anzati1 said:

semi-true and not at the same time.

The cop wont recognize you, but 90% of the time they look at your ID, you're into the system for some sort of note or ticket and that usually jog's their memory when they see that THEY made the note/ticket.

Your in the system, but like even the guy that put you in the system isnt gonna instantly remember your name. Cops that come across you would have to run your name again anyway. 

7 minutes ago, anzati1 said:

also if you're well known enough, even NOT giving out your ID people will recognize you. For example, Walter "Lee Harvey Oswald" Dunbar, even cops recognize me even tho they dont have my f3, I'm just known. (sometimes might be metagame, but they can still easily recognize me without my f3)

Theres the whole you know people of HC are extremely well known and knowing their name isnt meta, and idk if your HC but it kinda extends to capos too. And thats true your right but this is more important for people of lower ranks or of more secretive operations. Again I think a temp name, for like an hour or hell even a day would be fine. As Caboose also mentioned gun stores need to see ID, and a lot of people dont wanna give their names out to those people either. All this suggestion is for is to see where people stand with it, I know Robin Foxx would literally go around fishing for f3s been told that by many people. If this were denied which I think is very likely then you know its fine. But it also gives UA a glimpse to see that a lot of people have concern about cops having their name permanently. 

I've given my name to a total of 1 cop and I didnt even start this suggestion bc of that. I started it bc in the back of my mind I didnt like that I had to give up my name to gunstore employees and then hearing people complain about the whole cop f3 fishing. I figured maybe a suggestion would help, I appreciate your input bc what your saying does hold some weight and all Im trying to suggest is a compromise on how IDs give names because you never got the name from IDs before. 

when i find myself needing to give id to police, i always hesitate because of the amount of metagame that will happen, the thing is, idk if you can really limit that. there is really nothing you can do to stop that. only thing you can do is to not do stupid shit, like carrying guns on your back or having a mask on. it even says in the laws that the police needs to tell him once to take it off, without asking for id. cops literally just ask for it anytime something happens and then will arrest you for not giving id.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MxR said:

when i find myself needing to give id to police, i always hesitate because of the amount of metagame that will happen, the thing is, idk if you can really limit that. there is really nothing you can do to stop that. only thing you can do is to not do stupid shit, like carrying guns on your back or having a mask on. it even says in the laws that the police needs to tell him once to take it off, without asking for id. cops literally just ask for it anytime something happens and then will arrest you for not giving id.

Exactly, just last night i saw a cop running around asking people for their ID’s for their gun license without even checking it. He asked me for mine and just walked away. 

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Exactly, just last night i saw a cop running around asking people for their ID’s for their gun license without even checking it. He asked me for mine and just walked away. 

if you willingly give your ID to a cop, it means you have a license, if you dont, you either run or shoot the cop...

• Disagree 2
28 minutes ago, anzati1 said:

if you willingly give your ID to a cop, it means you have a license, if you dont, you either run or shoot the cop...

realistically, if a cop IDs you say for public masking but has no idea you have a gun and no FAFL. Them shooting the cop would lead to an RDM. Ive seen it happen, a cop has to be clearly trying to arrest you in order for you to shoot the cop for a felony. 

Therefore, if your willing to give up your ID doesnt mean you just get the right to shoot, and for running well that just makes you all the more suspicious and tells me that a temporary name recognition would be better than permanent recognition. 

1. In the same vein there are still times when you can't shoot police and it would be considered RDM. You may not KOS Police for no reason. They must be specifically targeting you or a faction member for arrest/takedown. You may not kill Officers for simply pulling you over or writing you a traffic citation. You may not kill Officers for giving you a lawful order. (Leave the area, put that away, Identify yourself, etc)
  2. You may attack Officers if they attempt to Arrest/Detain you or a member of your group, knowing that an arrest or detainment would lead to a FELONY charge (Having illegal guns/drugs/etc.) You are PK active after shooting/killing an officer.

I love how a cop gets my ID and then a year later of not playing or ever interacting with them, they can see who I am and remember me. Makes no sense. You forgot a lot throughout life, it makes no sense that a cop who arrested me for a misdemeanor can remember me when they’ve had other experiences 

Edited by Charles
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 2:18 PM, Charles said:

I love how a cop a get my idea and then a  year later of not playing or ever interacting with them, they can see who I am and remember me. Makes no sense. You forgot a lot throughout life, it makes no sense that a cop who arrested me for a misdemeanor an remember me when they’ve had other experiences 

All these cops on here saying basically having your name doesnt mean anything. But that means you know the person in character, I think that some implementations that could help are:

First time ID search is like an 1 hour or so temp name recognition
Second time ID search is a day or 2 of name recognition
3rd time ID search is permanent. 

This would allow people to be more cautious about open carrying, and on top of that it follows a real life sense of incrimination. Ive said it multiple times in this thread, cops who search your ID for a traffic stop or a 1 time arrest may recognize you, but they wont remember your name. However if you are a frequent criminal being bought in and ID'd then of course they will remember you. 

Edited by Lucid Mangos

Don't be silly, hide your willy gun!