ID fishing fix for PD

I believable we should go back to having it so when you show someone your license it does not actually give them your name. There has been a lot of cops just going around asking for ID for having a gun, which is fine but it would clear up a lot of problems with people getting arrested because they dont want cops to have their name. 

My suggestion to the change could be to have it so when you look at someone's ID when their cuffed the cop gets the name of the perp. That way when someone is legally open carrying cops dont just f3 fish and go let me see your ID and get the name of the person, this would prevent a lot of people from just outright being arrested for refusing to essentially give up their name.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Funny 1

+1 as a criminal i agree with this, but this would never be added sadly

• Agree 1

you're playing a mafia server, you arent invincible.

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

+1 cops power gaming forcing you to give them your F3 is ridiculous. I get them grabbing ID to confirm the FAFL but they should not be able to permanently have your f3.

+1 People shouldn't be fishing for ID's to get F3's. Its toxic and kinda meta knowing if they do that they can permanently have someone's F3 to stalk them. 

1 minute ago, anzati1 said:

you're playing a mafia server, you arent invincible.

never said I was invincible, but another think about is take into account even in real life cops get your id and theyll recognize you but they wont remember your name, unless you are frequently arrested. Another suggestion that could add too it is that its a temporary name remembrance. Where cops get your id and then they get your name for X amount of time. 

-1, when I was a Faction Leader of a Criminal Faction I would still give out my F3 to anyone cause who gives a shit. It doesn’t actually mean anything. 

It’s annoying as fuck when people came trying to buy guns; and I, or an employee, would go through a whole process while the customer decides to back out at the end because we’d require his ID to complete the sale yet he feels too entitled/important to hand out his F3. 

Also UA already stated that anyone Made+ would usually be under a watchlist by the authorities and would definitely be a known figure in the criminal underworld. 

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Dumb 1

If you are carrying a gun around, cops have every right to check to see if you have a licenses for that gun. It is not ID fishing. You don't want cops getting your name, then dont carry a gun simple as that. Why is it so bad if someone knows your name in the first place? 

• Like 2
  • Dumb 4
  • Agree 1

Fuck Warrants then, I guess…

Just now, theGameReaper said:

Fuck Warrants then, I guess…

Just don’t get caught doing dumb shit and there won’t be one.  

• Funny 1

ID fishing and metagaming the info in crime discords is a thing we all can't play stupid to; we know it's happening.

The question is, because it's one of those things that we KNOW is happening, but is so hard to prove; do we implement the change and set the precedent that really anything can get changed as long as enough people complain about it?

Or do we do nothing and set the precedent that anyone with friends in high positions in crime families that they trust can make a cop character, id fish people, and send tab menu pics anonymously to their friends, because they know proving it is incredibly difficult unless UA wastes their time investigating everyone.

Tough choice, i dont really give a fuck either way

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Baselsamarah said:

-1, when I was a Faction Leader of a Criminal Faction I would still give out my F3 to anyone cause who gives a shit. It doesn’t actually mean anything. 

It’s annoying as fuck when people came trying to buy guns; and I, or an employee, would go through a whole process while the customer decides to back out at the end because we’d require his ID to complete the sale yet he feels too entitled/important to hand out his F3. 

Also UA already stated that anyone Made+ would usually be under a watchlist by the authorities and would definitely be a known figure in the criminal underworld. 

Says the guy that PKd me bc I was having problems with giving my name to someone I didnt trust.

Theres a database for the licenses, people can be checked if their carrying sure but their name is on a list and the F3 specifically doesn't need to be shared. Your not gonna magically know someone at all times from one interaction looking at a piece of plastic irl.

Just now, Lucid Mangos said:

Says the guy that PKd me bc I was having problems with giving my name to someone I didnt trust.

Lol all that does is further prove my point, and that isn’t why you got pkd but you already knew that 😉 

3 minutes ago, Boomroasted said:

If you are carrying a gun around, cops have every right to check to see if you have a licenses for that gun. It is not ID fishing. You don't want cops getting your name, then dont carry a gun simple as that. Why is it so bad if someone knows your name in the first place? 

Like I said I think asking for the ID for open carrying is fine. But having permanent access to someone's name for something their legally allowed to do is kind of dumb

1 minute ago, Lucid Mangos said:

Like I said I think asking for the ID for open carrying is fine. But having permanent access to someone's name for something their legally allowed to do is kind of dumb

But then when they do have it, they won’t ask you if you have a license again because they know you do

Edited by Baselsamarah
1 minute ago, Baselsamarah said:

Lol all that does is further prove my point, and that isn’t why you got pkd but you already knew that 😉 

well ok lets get it straight then, you PKd me for talking shit on you OOC, had my friends PK me because you thought I was start a "rebellion" as a fucking made man. the order read MIA and disrespect to HC and I had done nothing but shown respect it was you that couldnt handle me. Because look where you are now, PKd from 14k as well. 

What you told me for the name thing was your going to give him or name or else someone is gonna end up falling off world corp. 

• Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, Baselsamarah said:

But then when they do have it, they won’t ask you if you have a license again because they know you do

Fuck Id rather them keep asking then have my name. Thats for certain, like I said in a post prior cops dont just remember peoples names from looking at an ID 1 time. They remember what they look like but not what their names are unless they are frequently arrested.

17 minutes ago, Lucid Mangos said:

well ok lets get it straight then, you PKd me for talking shit on you OOC, had my friends PK me because you thought I was start a "rebellion" as a fucking made man. the order read MIA and disrespect to HC and I had done nothing but shown respect it was you that couldnt handle me. Because look where you are now, PKd from 14k as well. 

What you told me for the name thing was your going to give him or name or else someone is gonna end up falling off world corp. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭 buddy you’re lying out your teeth. You were pkd cause we were tired of your shit, and 4 people told me icly that you were shit talking and making plans; but that wasn’t even the tipping point. You were useless and literally doing nothing, and only 4 people in the entire faction actually liked you (3 of them pkd you and the last one started shit talking you later on 💀) but you felt you “deserved” capo. Thankfully we shut that shit down because exactly what we knew was gonna happen actually happened when you became capo of Pruz and you had a dead crew (all your faction members admitted this info) and now as Don of Pruz you have an inactive faction. 

now about pking you over the name- it’s a very simple concept. It’s either you do what we told you to do, or go test your luck somewhere else, though in the end you submitted and gave it to him lol. 

I am pkd by 14K by my own choice pal- I made the ticket and gave all my stuff away + hundred tracksuits/custom suits and asked to be killed on a boat like the sopranos lol

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Dumb 1
7 minutes ago, Lucid Mangos said:

Fuck Id rather them keep asking then have my name. Thats for certain, like I said in a post prior cops dont just remember peoples names from looking at an ID 1 time. They remember what they look like but not what their names are unless they are frequently arrested.

Then they will stop you every single time and most people don’t know how to talk to police properly and they end up getting in cuffs/searched while having drugs on them. 

• Dumb 1

Personally, I don’t think this is a bad idea at all. This would prevent minge cops from targeting people they have names of when he/she comes online. I’ve seen the issue happen quite a few times in the past... Showing ID should only be a temporary thing so a cop or a gun store employee can check records.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Hameburhger

• Like 1
  • Helpful & Informative 2
  • Agree 2

I dont think it really matters when you get id'ed by cops, personally its only happened to me once or twice but maybe perhaps a picture of the ID can be shown in the additional notes section in the firearms database so instead of needing to give your f3 recognition they can match your likeness to the picture of your ID in the firearms database and the validity of your license can be proven like that

1 hour ago, Creambru said:

I dont think it really matters when you get id'ed by cops, personally its only happened to me once or twice but maybe perhaps a picture of the ID can be shown in the additional notes section in the firearms database so instead of needing to give your f3 recognition they can match your likeness to the picture of your ID in the firearms database and the validity of your license can be proven like that

also its been in the back of my mind for a while but shouldnt ID's photos already be included in the regular database considering people can have the same name, so it would be like how could u discern one guy who got his license revoked from another guy who didn't and they both have the exact same name but theres no external factor like their SSN or face to corroborate with  

its a name not that deep anyone can get it in less then 2 minutes of searching