ATM Robbery

Since you can lock pick ATMs (unless that was patched), is there any way of gaining cash (say $250-$750 plus price of a lock pick) after a successful lock pick.

I figured this could be a good starting point for criminal characters if it was implemented.

• Like 1

Unless there is a really long cooldown or a minimum amount of police that needs to be active in the city then I can 100% see this being abused.  

28 minutes ago, Darkfire said:

Unless there is a really long cooldown or a minimum amount of police that needs to be active in the city then I can 100% see this being abused.  

I agree with this. I like the idea in theory but it kinda gives me a DarkRP vibe also.

Oh, it absolutely will need a cooldown. Have it cover the cost of a lock pick and maybe atleast $300 or so, then a randomized number of cash gained from the robbery. Then afterwards maybe a 30 min cool down?

I like the idea. Right now lockpicks are just used to break into property and cars, there's no other use for them. Adding some little uses for them like this but with a cooldown would be cool. +1

I like this idea, I think it would add more fun ways to make a bit of cash as civs. Obviously the amount you'd receive would have to be relatively small otherwise everyone is just gonna be farming it. 

Or maybe make it so it takes a long time, and there needs to be a certain amount of cops on and it pays out big like random number gen from 10-20k and if your caught ez felony charge right there. 

Not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand it would be a cool and fun way to make money but it starts to show major dark rp vibes to me. If there was more rp involved in I think I would change my mind but for now I’m sorta 50/50

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Seansx said:

Not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand it would be a cool and fun way to make money but it starts to show major dark rp vibes to me. If there was more rp involved in I think I would change my mind but for now I’m sorta 50/50

I feel that, I think the best thing we can do is come up with ideas on how we can make it more RP'able so that way it feels less like darkRP. 

I think one way is to have it so that you absolutely need a lockpick and crowbar, to open the atm, and then a script that allows you to only rob when there are a minimum of 10 cops, and you can only rob any atm every hour. Breaking into the ATM is a crime and maybe there is some sort of script that has like a chance to ring an alarm and make cops aware that someone is doing it and where. 

-/+ seems like a cool idea, but it does give out darkrp vibes, as fox said.

-/+ i agree with MxR here it could be a good idea but it needs some RP.

Maybe attach an event message every time an ATM is robbed because the cops would wanna know when someone steals from their piggy bank. Or trigger a 911 call at the ATM when they lock pick it. 

+/-, I mean it sounds cool and I don’t really see any downsides to it, although imo the whole point is “choosing a side”; either you’re a criminal and engage in such activities (so join a Crime Faction) or you’re on the legal side of things and never purposely commit a crime (then join a Legal Faction, PD, Gov). Members of Criminal Factions make much more than $500-$750, so what would make them swim all the way to the barge just for lockpicks when they barely want to do it for oil? 

How about instead of regular cash you get a "Marked Bills" item that you can sell to an npc, or run the risk of having the police find it on you. Cops receive an alert when you rob the ATM, they search suspects nearby for the bills or check CCTV (if there is any). Could be balanced.

We have car alarms that activate once a door has been lock picked, right? Why don’t we have it activate a loud alarm once picked like the car?

3 hours ago, theGameReaper said:

We have car alarms that activate once a door has been lock picked, right? Why don’t we have it activate a loud alarm once picked like the car?

5 hours ago, Hoovis said:

How about instead of regular cash you get a "Marked Bills" item that you can sell to an npc, or run the risk of having the police find it on you. Cops receive an alert when you rob the ATM, they search suspects nearby for the bills or check CCTV (if there is any). Could be balanced.

combination of these two would be pretty sick ngl- could be a racket everyone could use like weed plants

6 hours ago, Hoovis said:

+/- 1

Would need to be very careful with balancing this so it wouldn't be abused or just turn into a grindy mess.

My idea would be make it so a player can only "lockpick" an ATM if there's another player currently accessing it (using the menus actively making sure they're not AFK). Gives a $100-250 payout, then there's a 5-10 minute cooldown or something which applies to all ATMs to prevent someone from running from one to another.

Could implement Hoovis' idea (quoted) about getting an individual item which it sold to a different NPC or another player.

• Like 1

Could be a good idea but I dont know how it could be properly executed.

Might be cool if you get a payout and it calls the cops onto that ATM for them to go investigate. 

4 hours ago, Youbear said:

Could be a good idea but I dont know how it could be properly executed.

Might be cool if you get a payout and it calls the cops onto that ATM for them to go investigate. 

God dammit this dumb multi quote shit weird sometimes look bellow youbear

I feel that, I think the best thing we can do is come up with ideas on how we can make it more RP'able so that way it feels less like darkRP. 

I think one way is to have it so that you absolutely need a lockpick and crowbar, to open the atm, and then a script that allows you to only rob when there are a minimum of 10 cops, and you can only rob any atm every hour. Breaking into the ATM is a crime and maybe there is some sort of script that has like a chance to ring an alarm and make cops aware that someone is doing it and where. 

Edited by Lucid Mangos
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 3:35 AM, Toast said:

I like the idea. Right now lockpicks are just used to break into property and cars, there's no other use for them. Adding some little uses for them like this but with a cooldown would be cool. +1

breaking people outta cuffs?