Purchasable/Expanded City

Fairly simple, I think all of the static properties, billboards, vending machines, chest tables, phone booths should be purchasable by players and they should be extortatable, used for control and managed as passive income investment properties. I have mapped the city to give an outline of what that would look like based upon the city streets and arbitrarily assigned numbers to the specific city locations, I'm willing to do work such as to take pictures of each location to create a purchasing catalog. If there is any interest in pursuing this further.

Attached is a map of the city with North being on North Road and everything I could think to map

spacer.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r7WgFt9OxMQKln5erBWmlCFh4lkXsghf_aGznFa0tI0/edit ( Addresses )

Further I suggest the following:

Phone Booth = Used to connect to eachother for calls, preset numbers for the phonebooths and number dialable.

Mail = Mail system, send clothing items in the mail. Supporting custom clothing and makes sense to compliment bank transfers for purchases.

Newspaper = Recent PK Messages/ Setable by staff.

Edited by 4Lights
  • Like 6
  • Helpful & Informative 1
  • Agree 1

+1 for autism

• Like 1

+1 very creative and new!

+1, creative

+1 The only change that I suggest is maybe having the newspaper boxes be able to print documents like a typewriter but the document it prints be settable; I believe that would be quite interesting as I used to run a political newspaper a while back and such a system would make it easier to run a newspaper without having to do so much to distribute.

+1 I like this idea

you have way too much time on your hands

nice idea though

+1 Very innovative

This seems incredibly annoying to have to manage, IF it were to function it would have to be an automated system which requires development and time, whereas i think certain other systems take priority for remakes at the moment.

this would add so much depth to RP and economy on how well its incorporated RP wise. As well as how the extorting of these properties and the RP behind purchasing something to gain passive income from it, if it can be taxed or not.  if there would have to be some DOP additions to allow people to apply to purchase such things. But overall i love the idea and the major gameplay change that it would add

+1 if the system could be developed, sounds awesome
But the DoP and DoC would have to be adapted, it'd obviously have to be automated and not interactable in-game really (since you can't just expand the map by adding new buildings you can go inside of). IF someone could devise a good system, it'd be awesome

+1 I really like this. It brings the rp to the city that the irl mafia was all about, if anyone can figure how to get it done that person is definitely 4lights 🙂 great work!

Edited by Izumi

9 hours ago, Canadian-bacon said:

This seems incredibly annoying to have to manage, IF it were to function it would have to be an automated system which requires development and time, whereas i think certain other systems take priority for remakes at the moment.

I imagine, you could use an RNG generator to determine if a business makes a profit and it's not hard to RNG the business on a spreadsheet once or twice a month ( 1 - 10 ) for profit or loss. This could be implemented into existing DOP, DOC as previously mentioned. Also like I mentioned, I'm willing to work on developing the system further if the powers that be, deem it a worthwhile endeavor.

Also wanted to say, if you wanted to implement more mafia control, you could have staff tickets to escalate on static businesses much easier ( fire bombs or 'temporarily destroyed' ). Thus allowing 'protection or extortion' from mafia interests. With main properties being a projections of power on static businesses 

Mapping the street addresses this would add 66 static addresses, not to mention the possibility with other businesses types not tied to static addresses ( vending machines, hotdog vender etc )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r7WgFt9OxMQKln5erBWmlCFh4lkXsghf_aGznFa0tI0/edit

+1
more ways of making money would be great!

On 9/4/2024 at 1:55 PM, Canadian-bacon said:

automated

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.j

On 9/7/2024 at 2:04 PM, vasectomy said:

i think this is stupid, oh btw i love men

unnecessary comment

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Always wanted to see the other stuff around the city like billboards, phone booths, and the static properties being used somehow and in some way.