DopeAsRoe's Staff Application

In-Game Name(s): Dr. Waldo "Squeaks" Fizzywanker | Silvio Parisi | Senior Officer Jim Hoffman
Steam Name: DopeAsRoe
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193501547/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:116617909
Discord Username: DopeAsRoe
When did you first join the server: Around a year and a half ago but I didn't take it seriously until about March of this year.
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 2w 4d 15h 38m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-5 hours a day, I have a weird work schedule which allows me to be flexible so I'm usually on at peak hours of the day or late at night.
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I don't have them memorized but I am pretty familiar with them.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I have never gone for a staff position in any server before because I didn't think it would be worth the time, but this server is different from every other Garry's mod server I have played. The way the server set up is way more engaging and allows for more roleplay experiences than others do. For example, rather than doing "/gundealer" and setting up a random shop, you actually have to jump through hoops to acquire gun licenses, making connections with other players, and make sure it is a legitimate business. There is a lot of potential with this server and as I have been playing more seriously since January of this year, I've come to see the countless ways this server sets itself aside from the others. There is real work put into this server that isn't just shitty addons or random jobs, so you can actually do serious roleplay. Im on pretty much whenever I have free time, and since staff aren't always active in later hours of the night so I think I would be a good asset in that regard. I am genuinely interested in becoming staff and learning everything that comes with the title.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *Reasons I think I would be denied or picked over other candidates is because of my 2 previous bans and notes on the server. I Haven't always been a serious player on the server and I admit that, I didn't start being serious until like 4 months ago but I locked in since then. I also don't know nutscript which could deter people from accepting me as staff but I am more than willing to learn. Seeing I haven't been staff before is probably the main reason I will be denied, If I do. I want to learn the administration side of the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No, this will be my first time being staff if accepted.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I was banned on this server 2 times, Once for LTAP/Failrp, and once for encouraging RDM. The LTAP is when I disconnected from the server when being arrested which was at the beginning of the year. The other wasn't long after the first, when I gave someone a gun who said he was gonna shoot up the PD.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:* I am definitely not the most popular player on the server, but the people who have interacted with me I think would vouch for me and my RP capabilities. I am probably the best well known for putting up a faction application with a 40 letter name. I am also well known for my goofy clown character Dr. Fizzywanker, even though it isn't the most serious character I would say I'm the most active clown and bring the most RP to the tomfoolery of southside. I am also the Don of Legacy Enterprise and have been slowly building up the company from its previous state. My Don character Is most well known for the coup of Davey, after he made enemies with half of the server. I am a Senior Officer in the NYPD, not as active as I used to be but I still play him a few times a week and he is pretty well respected for a cop.

What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far?: My favorite moment is also the real catalyst for me wanting to become staff. A few months ago Somespy did a private event for my group of friends and I. He set an example I wanted to follow by opening RP situations up for everybody. It was the most action packed, and fun time I had ever had on the server. The event was the reason me and my group grew so close and I want to try to replicate the feeling of that for people on the server in the future. If that event didnt happen I cofidently say I wouldn't be making this application in the first place.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Like I said before, Somespy is the main reason I am even making this application. But apart from him, Anzati also recommended I make a staff application.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this? I would clip the interaction and then make a staff ticket detailing what happened. If no staff were online, I would ask another admin if I could take the ticket myself and handle the situation by the book.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would compile the evidence and pass it on to UA for them to handle.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would ask to see a clip and if provided the proper evidence would give the member of my faction the same punishment I would give a non member. I don't think this constitutes as bias. As long as I handle the situation the way I would with everyone and, and by the book then I do not think it would be considered bias whatsoever. 

+1 mature and seems fit for staff, I think he'd do his job and do it good.

• Like 1

+1

• Like 1

+1

• Like 1

-1 too many +1's gotta balance it out

• Dumb 1

+1 Best Guy. Roe is a legend.

• Like 2
  • Bad Spelling 1

+1 if this dude takes your ticket the offender is cooked 

-1 no

• Disagree 1

Don of stolen faction legacy enterprise were he quote on quote is slowly building up the company. I also noticed he made sure to make a false claim regarding the character Davey as he definitely didn’t make enemies with half the server if anything two factions. I can see this important detail needs to be on ur diverge networks resume as it really pertains to your staff application. For future reference roe maybe don’t yap so much and get to the point. 

-/+ Netural

Edited by Davey
Grammer
  • Disagree 1

+1 Real Nigga

• Like 1

+1 Great guy and def. fit for staff.

• Like 1

+1 Seems like a decent guy and I would hope he knows the rules pretty well. Should be a good addition to the staff team. 

• Like 1

+1 good joj

• Like 1

+1 this guy has serious game master potential as well

• Dumb 1
On 7/15/2024 at 10:47 PM, Davey said:

Don of stolen faction legacy enterprise were he quote on quote is slowly building up the company. I also noticed he made sure to make a false claim regarding the character Davey as he definitely didn’t make enemies with half the server if anything two factions. I can see this important detail needs to be on ur diverge networks resume as it really pertains to your staff application. For future reference roe maybe don’t yap so much and get to the point. 

-/+ Netural

-1 ngl you are somehow more mingey then jmoorsey and that's saying something and you say you want to become a staff like ur tryna dev like half it doesn't even correlate to staff like wdym "There is real work put into this server that isn't just shitty addons or random jobs, so you can actually do serious roleplay" this just doesn't make sense. also unironically davey would be a better don then you if he had the chance to fix his retardation out and you as a HC would've talked to him instead of the coup, also he didn't even make that many enemies at most he pissed of takahahsi which we didn't really care cause he's a tard. i mean ur a cool guy, but ur also a tard as stated previously idk if you can fix that maybe you can be a good staff.

but like if i had to put it on a scale i'd say davey is like a 8/10 on a tard list, jmoorsey is like a 7.5/10 (he was 10 but he got slightly more brainpower), and you at a solid 8/7

Edited by Gent
  • Like 1
  • Dumb 3
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

-1 you roleplay as a clown....

4 hours ago, Davis said:

-1 you roleplay as a clown....

Agreed

Edited by Not Blake
Accident

-1 no

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.