Frosty's Faction Request

Name of Faction: The Mountain (Der Berg)

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 6 members including me

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Family

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): German

Name of Character running the faction: Emma J. Marie

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): furryhxe69

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:545082407

Your Server playtime: 1w 1d 1h 17m

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No): Yes

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned by us? (Yes/No): Yes

Provide an example of the unique Roleplay your faction will bring to the server/what type of roleplay we can expect from your faction (Images/Videos Preferred):

I was thinking we own a Pawn Shop where we buy and sell goods. Guns, Clothing, gear, etc whatever you got we will buy it. We will provide the server with a Pawn Shop to sell what they don't want anymore in exchange for money or something we have in stock as long as it matches with the thing they gave us in price. And on the side we will sell Cocaine.

Provide examples or event ideas to promote activity within your faction and keep people interested. (Reference your unique RP from the question above): Well with our Pawn Shop I would love to have like Black Friday events that will have things on sell for half of their price. And on those days my employees that did their job all week would get something for free for a award. Like clothing or even extra money we may also do some party night on Saturday evenings with gambling, food, etc.

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images):

Emma was just a young girl born from a German mother and an American dad in California. One day she saw a cool looking hat in a pawn shop called Joe's Pawn and Rug but her parents did not like pawn shops and thought they were a scam for the poor. But Emma thought differently; she thought they were an opportunity for the poor to help them get things that are too expensive for them. So Emma dreamed of making a pawn shop of her own one day and by the time she hit the age of 18 she set out to do so. Meeting after meeting with banks and other business people she finally got that at the age of 20 years of age she had everything she needed to start up a pawn shop and she named it The Mountain or in German Der Berg. Emma was happy she was proud of herself but she may have all the money and the building she needs for the pawn shop but not the employees she she contact friends, family and random people if they want a job it was hard but she found a couple of souls that was willing to take that job and help Emma get a working pawn shop. It was a hard journey but Emma managed to do it all from meetings to getting people to work here. That is how Emma J. Marie made her dream to own a pawn shop a reality and she was proud of it.

• Dumb 2
  • Disagree 5

Dur Burger

-1, lazy backstory doesnt even reach word minimum , doesn’t really add anything to the server, fellas not fit to be a faction leader. sorry!

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

For starters, you asked some pretty dumb questions in staff general, that show that

A. You are out of the loop on things, I mean if you dont have the time to read the very short map FAQ announcement then your cooked if you become a faction leader. ( when is map coming??? )

B. You’re  not able to answer basic questions without consulting for help. ( can I be German and asking what an organization backstory means, Like come on man )

C. That you think you get special privileges because your staff ( asking if you can get a building assuming you’re going to get accepted ).

IMG_0967.thumb.png.e300a36bc21af881d268cf94273039e4.png

Furthermore your essay has the reading and writing level of a 4-6th grader and you have done the bare minimum of 255 words for your backstory without even making a document.

IMG_0966.thumb.png.0a47e8d447fc209cfa6fa312798c16f1.png

You have 1 week on the server, not enough time to run a faction at all, I’m fairly confident you have no high command experience, but feel free to share if I’m wrong. 

Over all, you seem to not be super knowledgeable on the servers current state as well as just general things. You lack experience and time, have put in low effort to this application, and you are a furry.

Have a good rest of your weekend, I look forward to your response!

Edited by Seansx
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

-1, same reasons listed above.

Suggestion - change the name of your character to your staff one, considering you're always character locked to it. May make things easier. 

Have a good rest of your weekend, I look forward to your response!

• Funny 2

-1 its got no idea what its doing never heard of him outside of being a mod, even then all I've heard is bad things about how he has no clue what its doing.

• Like 1

"I was thinking we own a pawnshop" 
-1 property you require for this faction is already owned, lazy origin

-1 not enough playtime, bad backstory

-1 not enough time played in server poorly written backstory

-1 not enough time, poor backstory, not very faction leader worthy in terms of knowledge and experience, might last a week

Sorry to burst your bubble pal… but the only cocaine y’all gon sell is either processed to a NPC like the majority of the server does or flipping secondhand bricks for no profit lol. 

I feel like it’s very important for someone to be a decent Capo at the minimum in order to be considered for FL or even a HC position as it truly does teach and prepare you for the role- and even then you could still end up being a useless Don with a dead faction.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly if you barely even tried to go hard in the paint with the application itself, then you probably aren’t qualified to begin with. 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Please, not another Rockefeller where it’s hard enough to catch them online, they’re cool people but I feel like I always see people asking if they’re on, which would happen here I feel like if activity comes hard to find 

ive also not heard of you from anyone within my faction, or factions I’ve been introduced to while playing. Most of the staff I had heard about from their RP roles. So either you’re like me and still making a (hopefully) positive name for yourself in RP, or you’re staff locked and only known as frosty 
have you ever been Capo + in any crime family’s? I personally would never myself try to run a faction without even making Capo and holding it for a extended period of time

i also don’t see how the pawnshop is useful, sure it’s unique, but the only shit I don’t want is stuff that can be dropped anyways, and if I wanna sell clothes I have guys in my faction willing to buy, along with other people around the block who will buy 

-1 just doesn’t seem all that useful for a faction slot to me

Edited by Demigod
Posted (edited)

I think the idea is good I think new minds would be great leading factions and I am sure you are ambitious as the next person when it comes to creating your own faction. There are only so many spots on the server for factions and sometimes takes months to half a year before you can get a spot for a faction. I just don't see much here to support that this will bring some things to the table. As well as the messages I have seen show that maybe you are not ready to lead a faction. A faction takes a lot of work and is honestly a HUGE undertaking. You need to know how the server works and have lots of experience in the game mod leading something. You are staff which is good but being staff and a faction leader are two whole different things. I think maybe if you join a faction and get some leadership experience then maybe the next time faction application come around you will have something to bring to the table. Its also not a bad idea to look at other applications and see what they have done. Your application and backstory are pretty lacking. It shows players and ultimately UA that you are not taking this seriously which I hope is not the case here but its all about representation. 

Unfortunately, this means I am going to give you a -1 for this application. This has very little to do with you as a person more of the application and your overall experience and knowledge. 

Edited by Thomas
  • Agree 1
On 5/26/2024 at 1:08 AM, Demigod said:

Please, not another Rockefeller where it’s hard enough to catch them online, they’re cool people but I feel like I always see people asking if they’re on, which would happen here I feel like if activity comes hard to find 

ive also not heard of you from anyone within my faction, or factions I’ve been introduced to while playing. Most of the staff I had heard about from their RP roles. So either you’re like me and still making a (hopefully) positive name for yourself in RP, or you’re staff locked and only known as frosty 
have you ever been Capo + in any crime family’s? I personally would never myself try to run a faction without even making Capo and holding it for a extended period of time

i also don’t see how the pawnshop is useful, sure it’s unique, but the only shit I don’t want is stuff that can be dropped anyways, and if I wanna sell clothes I have guys in my faction willing to buy, along with other people around the block who will buy 

-1 just doesn’t seem all that useful for a faction slot to me

- 1 again now lol

-1 What were you thinking? no

-1 yeah no.  could use more time on the backstory and stuff. and playtime is kinda low.

• Like 1

This application strikes me as one made out of pure assurance that you'd get it due to your position in the staff hierarchy and be guaranteed a good start in the new map. There's a plethora of reasons that have already been listed out by others, but I want to personally just focus in on one:

Your backstory.

Your backstory only barely goes above the threshold by roughly.. five, maybe seven words? Why would you not want to show off more of your prowess in creating amazing roleplay through this backstory? You wanted to run a pawn shop - you're telling me that you were only able to get 250~ words out of a premise like this? Why not go into detail about the rapport this pawn shop made in your original city of origin, the things you sold, the relationships that were made with that original owner? Why not go into details of a mentorship or even a tragedy about how his pawn shop came and went like dust in the wind, only for you to pick up the ashes, determined to make something new from it all?

I don't know what you want out of this. If you just want to run a pawn shop, you can do that legally.. but on your illegal side, you already claim a racket?

I think you should take some time and really think about what you want to do with this going forward. Make a truck pawn shop you can put in parking spaces and start there, get some actual rapport with people. Hell, it sounds good enough for me to want to do it and have fun with it.

I want to assume the best of this application, so with this in mind being your 100% passionate all, I'm giving this a -1. Good luck!

Thank you for applying for a faction.
Unfortunately your application has been denied.

We do not believe your faction or application is sufficient enough to be accepted.

You may re-apply with the above issues rectified, when re-applying keep in mind that a well written application with good grammar, and a detailed backstory will help in getting accepted.