Independent criminal faction

With the new update I propose to change the system currently in place with Citizens and those that want to play a criminal character without aligning to a existing faction. I propose for there to be an NPC at barge or wherever the black market is to get transferred to a criminal whitelist like New York Taxis except with access to rumour. Here are some changes to the rules I could see with this addition.

1. Citizens can no longer mug no matter what

2. Those in the criminal whitelist can have Dons orders from any family on them from a faction provided they initiate a conflict with that faction (since they have no protection they are subject a higher chance of dying)

3. Groups of people in the criminal whitelist can group up and form gangs 

Why should being an independent criminal whitelist exist on a mafia RP server?

1. It already exists you can see gangs of bloods and crips and other citizen gangs that already live a non law abiding life why not formalize the current state of RP

2. Creates opportunities for factions to form naturally and exist in a sort of limbo state before becoming official. 

3. Creates more of a divide between the lawless and law abiding citizens in the city. Allows those who do not want to conform to a faction to still roleplay as a criminal and engage in the drug trade.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 2

Every time I see bloods and crips on RDM  and mingery tends to follow

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The bloods and crisps thing tend to be players on throwaway alt characters, rather than committing to making a faction app.

I'd be happy to see more civilian 'criminal' activity but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go about it.

When it comes down to the be all and end all it's Mafia RP. Making civs have their own demi faction would take away from the mafia element.

6 hours ago, Logan said:

Every time I see bloods and crips on RDM  and mingery tends to follow

yeah, but this still happens regardless of there being an independent crim whitelist and without any consequences to their character unless they have shootouts with police. This addition would make it to where if those criminals attack a real mafia organization they can face bigger consequences. 

50 minutes ago, Fox said:

The bloods and crisps thing tend to be players on throwaway alt characters, rather than committing to making a faction app.

I'd be happy to see more civilian 'criminal' activity but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go about it.

When it comes down to the be all and end all it's Mafia RP. Making civs have their own demi faction would take away from the mafia element.

First line, exact point of the whitelist rather than a regular civ. 
Second line, what better way to promote civilian criminal activity than having a job dedicated to crime.

A big part of mafia roleplaying is dealing with small time criminals that operate within your city. If anything, it adds a whole new element of mafia roleplay. 

Might as well call this NPC faction "Minge Inc."

13 hours ago, Davis said:

Allows those who do not want to conform to a faction to still roleplay as a criminal and engage in the drug trade.

you can do this already, not being in a faction doesnt stop you from buying and selling drugs

this doesnt really add anything imo and like bingus above me said will probs just become "minge inc!" :classic_biggrin:

Unfortunately the game mode is 'Mafia RP' so most criminality involves committing to a mafia or gang.

Obviously you may still do crime as a citizen but to further justify and encourage people to not join factions? Why? Sounds like a Dark RP-esque game model.

I think the balances you suggested are iffy at best and I have another idea tabled in regards to the 'limbo' stage but it's really not super pressing.

On 4/22/2024 at 5:21 PM, Canadian-bacon said:

Unfortunately the game mode is 'Mafia RP' so most criminality involves committing to a mafia or gang.

Obviously you may still do crime as a citizen but to further justify and encourage people to not join factions? Why? Sounds like a Dark RP-esque game model.

I think the balances you suggested are iffy at best and I have another idea tabled in regards to the 'limbo' stage but it's really not super pressing.

“Most criminality” said it yourself not all criminals fall under a mafia or gang.

“further justify and encourage people to not join factions” - These people already exist in the server and giving them the protections as if they were a civilian provides them the opportunity to fuck with businesses with little to no consequences 

“balances you suggested are iffy at best” - currently there isn’t a balance with dealing with civilians the only way you can PK them as criminals is if you mug them or you find IC proof they are snitching to the government with the intent of harming your business (not just calling 911) My issue is there is no balance currently in place. Comments currently act like i’m creating a minge faction when in reality these minge groups already exist with the protections currently in place with the citizen job. This suggestion aims to change that.

sorry for yapping

- mayor davis

I mean, have you ever tried to RP as an independent criminal? It's very difficult, you have to try really hard to get drugs/process. The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for acquiring drugs.

To be completely honest I think that something like this could work. except rumours for civilians would cost wayy more due to the fact that they don't have people that could really push out their rumours without paying ppl. Mafias and Groups work in organised methods so Rumours spread a lot faster [Because there are so many people assosciated with a singular mafia]

Being Independent on the server is really hard. There is really not that much power that comes with being independent. 

On 4/27/2024 at 3:44 AM, Thomas said:

Being Independent on the server is really hard. There is really not that much power that comes with being independent. 

other than the fact your untouchable to criminal factions unless you actively work with the police to take the family down.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:43 PM, KingJewMonaclu said:

I mean, have you ever tried to RP as an independent criminal? It's very difficult, you have to try really hard to get drugs/process. The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for acquiring drugs.

Yeah and it makes it easier for those who want to be an independent criminal but it brings along the risks that come with it. Also new players won’t be directed to find that job you could make the hiring NPC at barge or something. Just brings in a new opportunity to RP as an independent along with the risks that come with not having an organization backing you would bring.

15 hours ago, Davis said:

other than the fact your untouchable to criminal factions unless you actively work with the police to take the family down.

What I mean by this is It could add more RP. But you would be taxed out the ass by either group of factions. Even new factions need to be under something either commission or Olympus. I think it would be a good idea but like Canadian said he does have plans for all these types of things but the point is to be a part of something to be in the structure. That would either be in a faction or in the PD. There is a reason why those base jobs like taxi and delivery driver are not a good way to make money. They are not supposed to be the main goal for people who join the server. You also have to understand that if we start giving Citizens a way to get into rumour the amount of mugging abuse that would happen would be out of this world. Targeting as well would be very easy. I think the suggestion is good but there are flaws that would come into play punishing the players who want to main factions. 

Edited by Thomas
17 hours ago, Thomas said:

What I mean by this is It could add more RP. But you would be taxed out the ass by either group of factions. Even new factions need to be under something either commission or Olympus. I think it would be a good idea but like Canadian said he does have plans for all these types of things but the point is to be a part of something to be in the structure. That would either be in a faction or in the PD. There is a reason why those base jobs like taxi and delivery driver are not a good way to make money. They are not supposed to be the main goal for people who join the server. You also have to understand that if we start giving Citizens a way to get into rumour the amount of mugging abuse that would happen would be out of this world. Targeting as well would be very easy. I think the suggestion is good but there are flaws that would come into play punishing the players who want to main factions. 

“you would be taxed out the ass by either group of factions.” - that’s how life is as an independent criminal

”new factions need to be under something either commission or Olympus” - that aged like milk at room temperature and also not true 

“taxi and delivery driver are not a good way to make money” - independent criminals don’t have their own drug racket so your income is still cut to just processing

”if we start giving Citizens a way to get into rumour the amount of mugging abuse that would happen would be out of this world” Mugging chars are against server rules and that sounds like a cope IC issue just don’t get mugged lol

”Targeting as well would be very easy.” meta game problem also difficult to go target groups when any don can get PK orders on you 

3 hours ago, Davis said:

“you would be taxed out the ass by either group of factions.” - that’s how life is as an independent criminal

”new factions need to be under something either commission or Olympus” - that aged like milk at room temperature and also not true 

“taxi and delivery driver are not a good way to make money” - independent criminals don’t have their own drug racket so your income is still cut to just processing

”if we start giving Citizens a way to get into rumour the amount of mugging abuse that would happen would be out of this world” Mugging chars are against server rules and that sounds like a cope IC issue just don’t get mugged lol

”Targeting as well would be very easy.” meta game problem also difficult to go target groups when any don can get PK orders on you 

Taxation is not fun as an independent faction I hope you will be able to come up with millions because that's how much you will be taxed. To prevent this there would have to be new rules in place. I don't know what rock you have been living under but your faction would never be able to survive without some sort of protection from either the commission or Olympus. Hence why there is not a single faction in the server not under one of them. Protection of your faction is one of the most important things in the server. It makes the difference of surviving for a few weeks to a few months. Saying that mugging chars is against the rules yet making a suggestion that gears towards the people who mug is kind of funny. Clearly, you understand that not everything will be seen by staff, and trying to figure out mugging chars is a pain in the ass. The amount of work to make this a reality is so far from beneficial. If you want to create gangs/factions make a discord and make a faction application. Otherwise, go to DarkRP and make a gang there.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Taxation is not fun as an independent faction I hope you will be able to come up with millions because that's how much you will be taxed. To prevent this there would have to be new rules in place. I don't know what rock you have been living under but your faction would never be able to survive without some sort of protection from either the commission or Olympus. Hence why there is not a single faction in the server not under one of them. Protection of your faction is one of the most important things in the server. It makes the difference of surviving for a few weeks to a few months. Saying that mugging chars is against the rules yet making a suggestion that gears towards the people who mug is kind of funny. Clearly, you understand that not everything will be seen by staff, and trying to figure out mugging chars is a pain in the ass. The amount of work to make this a reality is so far from beneficial. If you want to create gangs/factions make a discord and make a faction application. Otherwise, go to DarkRP and make a gang there.

it’s not a faction faction it’s a whitelist like a job it just makes it possible to be an independent criminal. These issues your bringing up now already occur ingame. This suggestion is meant to even the playing field giving people who already rp as criminals the ability to and the ability for factions to deal with those criminals for interfering with their business. I know it’s scary getting mugged and your so terrified of civs getting access to it but what’s to stop someone from working security for 30 minutes getting hired then doing the same thing.