Separate Weapon Attachment Items

I know Bacon-Canadian and Pendred spoke about it a bit, there are also multiple people who played diverge much longer than I who claim it used to be a thing. 

With the release of a bigger new map, newer factions coming, and pendred maybe finding a way to increase the server population (idk I just saw him say something about entities and trying to lower them)- I feel like it would be a good time to release attachment rackets to increase faction revenue, player interaction/rp, assist in a certain power dynamics between the illegal factions, and help the factions with activity that don’t have gun rackets. 

They could also have serial numbers(for muzzles) on them, so they could be filed down, sold illegally, and police investigative rp can take place aswell- or sold legally but they must be recorded like gun store sales. 

it would also help more with taking from the economy and more into the governmental budget as the attachment stamps for gun licences can hold more meaning and power such as different tiers, and how many attachment's someone can carry/transport. 

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Like 5
  • Agree 4

+1

One of the things I miss from the server is this. It was tedious I guess to those who only care about running around and PVPing but, it was super cool RP-wise and brings RP to having attachments and making it where not everyone is running around with a gun with 8 billion attachments on it.

• Helpful & Informative 1

iirc there was a vote on it long time ago but shrug

This definitely adds more RP to the attachment stamps on gun licenses, and planning out kills on people.

Like if you wanna PK somebody and do it quiet, now you gotta make sure everybody has the right gear and shit. 

• Agree 1

+1 Yes this used to be a thing and i will love to see it again in the server

• Like 1

From a government perspective, it is unlikely that separate "attachment stamps" will make a return as I do not intend to change the Register again.

If these physical items are added, then it will most likely be regulated on the basis that a firearm is upgraded in classification when a certain attachment is attached to it (for example, if a class 2 semi-automatic weapon is fitted with an attachment which turns it into a fully-automatic weapon, its classification would be upgraded from class 2 to class 3, etc).

if we will still be able to change the attachments on the go by having them in our inventory then i can see no downsides to implementing this. attachments are already such a big part of the pvp side of the server and adding the need to actually rp to get what you need will force rp on some people who wouldnt have normally.

+1!

• Like 1

This will make overall RP shootouts/hits way better in the way where not everyone's gonna have extended mags and suppressors. +1

• Like 1

i remember when i first joined the server and it was like this, and i loved it.

+1

• Like 1

I really like this idea and I do hope it gets looked at and considered again. Right now everything is free rain when it comes to guns. If you allow other factions to have attachments for a racket, it would create another avenue for money to go through. As for the license, I don't see why we would have to change anything. There are very little amount of guns that have automatic features. You already have to pay extra for attachments when you pay for a license. Just regulate it more and make sure that the attachments are not being sold illegally. Have two factions be in charge of attachments and if they are inactive or whatnot remove them. I don't know the reason they were removed before. I am sure there was a good reason, but If we can bring them back then I think it would make owning a weapon a bit more complicated which is good in my opinion. 

• Bad Spelling 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I would like to demonstrate an example of how this will heighten rp within the server

You get a call from your higher ups… they need you on a job… 

“We need to see you… Now!”

The Don contacts you. He presents a photo; name of the target on the rear. You’re rusty, though you’ve proved yourself many times. You pick out the trustworthy AKM- it’s never let you down before. 

You’re running down the alley, miraculously flinging yourself up the ladder, positioning yourself on the rooftop. You scan the photo, quickly; matching it to the target. You equip the AKM, knowing exactly which attachments are required for an accurate shot. You press C…

“WHAT THE FUCK… WHERES THE ATTACHMENTS?!”

You know what must be done…

You lunge off the roof towards the target- barely surviving the fall. Eyes locked, you’re across the street from the target, you pull out your firearm and start crossing the street…

A fucking black Citroen hits you at 10HP and you die lol. Monaclu drags you to a sit and pks  you- laughing directly at your face; posting the clip of your pk in staff chat and they all laugh at you. 

Moral of the story-  attachments for certain weapons completely changes the firearm, and having them separate could add a new level of “Being prepared for the job”- among tons of others ways of adding RP.  

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Like 1
On 6/8/2024 at 7:34 PM, Baselsamarah said:

I would like to demonstrate an example of how this will heighten rp within the server

You get a call from your higher ups… they need you on a job… 

“We need to see you… Now!”

The Don contacts you. He presents a photo; name of the target on the rear. You’re rusty, though you’ve proved yourself many times. You pick out the trustworthy AKM- it’s never let you down before. 

You’re running down the alley, miraculously flinging yourself up the ladder, positioning yourself on the rooftop. You scan the photo, quickly; matching it to the target. You equip the AKM, knowing exactly which attachments are required for an accurate shot. You press C…

“WHAT THE FUCK… WHERES THE ATTACHMENTS?!”

You know what must be done…

You lunge off the roof towards the target- barely surviving the fall. Eyes locked, you’re across the street from the target, you pull out your firearm and start crossing the street…

A fucking black Citroen hits you at 10HP and you die lol. Monaclu drags you to a sit and pks  you- laughing directly at your face; posting the clip of your pk in staff chat and they all laugh at you. 

Moral of the story-  attachments for certain weapons completely changes the firearm, and having them separate could add a new level of “Being prepared for the job”- among tons of others ways of adding RP.  

yea, the AKM can be changed into about 40 different guns on the fly, making people actually PREPARE for things could be cool. It also allows for it to not be entirely optimal to be walking around with your gun kitted out with attachments, because you may die and lose some expensive shit. Imagine having to actually put on attachments, with some being put on and taken off at will (like a sight) and others being unchangeable (like an automatic switch, or a sawed off barrel)

• Like 1

this would be the most annoying thing imagine being RDM'ed, and then having an admin only compensate your gun back then attaching everything one by one, and taking it off it it bugs and doesn't apply it, like whoever is +1ing does not pvp "Oh it provides RP", there is no RP in that "Oh guys, give me a second I gotta attach thirty things on my AKM, I'll be in the shootout in 20 minutes don't worry!" like it's just another tedious thing to do for no reason

Edited by Gent
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gent said:

this would be the most annoying thing imagine being RDM'ed, and then having an admin only compensate your gun back then attaching everything one by one, and taking it off it it bugs and doesn't apply it, like whoever is +1ing does not pvp "Oh it provides RP", there is no RP in that "Oh guys, give me a second I gotta attach thirty things on my AKM, I'll be in the shootout in 20 minutes don't worry!" like it's just another tedious thing to do for no reason

Yeah I kinda get what you mean, especially being rdm’d, 

but

that would only be the case for certain weapons. Most weapons can only be fitted with sights and muzzles, maybe an accessory- on the fly. Those could be put on and taken off at any given time; No matter where you are, what you’re doing. 

Now what if the more complicated attachments that actually require work to be done on the firearm like changing the barrel, semi auto to full auto, stock etc. required some sort of conversion kit/workbench to alter the firearm. In order to return the firearm to its original state it he same process much be competed. Possibly a skill level that increases in time, and people could actually be master gunsmiths if they wanted to, and be paid for their craft. 

The idea is to be prepared for whatever overall. As a hitman you will be drawn toward suppressors, etc. If you’re standing somewhere wanting to get a kill, but the target moves far off, you shouldn’t be able to just press C and build a master weapon like it’s battle-field 2042. If you’re going to a street shootout, then the chances are you just need an automatic weapon, typically concealed in which there are plenty, no attachments required; only wanted.  

RP purposes beside, even the fact that it promotes activity through another stream of illegal revenue can desperately help other crime FLs. 

Edited by Baselsamarah

I am the numba 1 supporter of more racket opportunities so this gets a +1

Rifle Grenade Launcher attachment fr 

8 hours ago, Baselsamarah said:

Yeah I kinda get what you mean, especially being rdm’d, 

but

that would only be the case for certain weapons. Most weapons can only be fitted with sights and muzzles, maybe an accessory- on the fly. Those could be put on and taken off at any given time; No matter where you are, what you’re doing. 

Now what if the more complicated attachments that actually require work to be done on the firearm like changing the barrel, semi auto to full auto, stock etc. required some sort of conversion kit/workbench to alter the firearm. In order to return the firearm to its original state it he same process much be competed. Possibly a skill level that increases in time, and people could actually be master gunsmiths if they wanted to, and be paid for their craft. 

The idea is to be prepared for whatever overall. As a hitman you will be drawn toward suppressors, etc. If you’re standing somewhere wanting to get a kill, but the target moves far off, you shouldn’t be able to just press C and build a master weapon like it’s battle-field 2042. If you’re going to a street shootout, then the chances are you just need an automatic weapon, typically concealed in which there are plenty, no attachments required; only wanted.  

RP purposes beside, even the fact that it promotes activity through another stream of illegal revenue can desperately help other crime FLs. 

I understand what you're saying, but this update seems tedious like the TEC-9 needs Hollow Point, Laser, Automatic, and PBS-Supressor; that's 4 attachments alone from what you've said, and you need a workbench to add them. In theory, this is cool, but it just seems so annoying, like admins literally can't even compensate for a second gun, so as stated, if you get RDM'ed, your screwed gotta go to the faction that sells the attachments gotta wait for them to order each one individually, gotta pay them, gotta get them to attach it to your gun, then gotta give it to you, then you gotta check if the attachments applied, then you go kill someone or just roam. Like attachments are important in general, not just PKs.

13 hours ago, Gent said:

I understand what you're saying, but this update seems tedious like the TEC-9 needs Hollow Point, Laser, Automatic, and PBS-Supressor; that's 4 attachments alone from what you've said, and you need a workbench to add them. In theory, this is cool, but it just seems so annoying, like admins literally can't even compensate for a second gun, so as stated, if you get RDM'ed, your screwed gotta go to the faction that sells the attachments gotta wait for them to order each one individually, gotta pay them, gotta get them to attach it to your gun, then gotta give it to you, then you gotta check if the attachments applied, then you go kill someone or just roam. Like attachments are important in general, not just PKs.

I 100% agree with the rdm bs, and the fact that as of this moment, you can’t even be comped for two things at once, nonetheless a weapon with like 5 attachment and yes attachments are very important for everything not just pks; though that’s when it will matter the most as you would need any advantage over the target because it truly is a life and death situation.

Also for that workbench thing- that idea was just for large weapon conversions. So for that tec-9 example, you’d just need to the workbench when you’d like to make your tec from semi auto to full auto, and you vice versa. The laser and The Suppressor can just be screwed on (if we just assume that all guns are threaded for muzzles). Also ammo isn’t really an attachment, we just don’t load mags with the bullets in this game so it just acts as an attachment. Those different ammo types could be their own ammo box entirely. It could even require us to have certain scrap medals and parts that must be purchased from hardware to act as a “transaction” for the workbench. 

On 6/14/2024 at 3:58 PM, Gent said:

or, perhaps, with less attachments being available for a perfect meta build on every gun all the time, attachments will be used less by everyone and you wont "need" HP rounds, a laser, a switch, and a suppressor on your gun at all times to be pvp competitive.

I am all for making the server less PvP focused and making PvP more realistic. Make guns less constantly kitted out and super powerful and used 24/7. I like it more when people do things like use bats for defending a store and break out the guns when shit gets really tough, which could mean breaking out a kitted out gun from a locker or an ATM, or maybe equipping a less advanced gun from your inventory, etc.

As for rule breaking, you can't account for everything when it comes to people straight up breaking the rules. You could argue against anything if you argue about people breaking the rules. People will just have to get banned, and you get comped for as much as possible.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, eopsin said:

or, perhaps, with less attachments being available for a perfect meta build on every gun all the time, attachments will be used less by everyone and you wont "need" HP rounds, a laser, a switch, and a suppressor on your gun at all times to be pvp competitive.

I am all for making the server less PvP focused and making PvP more realistic. Make guns less constantly kitted out and super powerful and used 24/7. I like it more when people do things like use bats for defending a store and break out the guns when shit gets really tough, which could mean breaking out a kitted out gun from a locker or an ATM, or maybe equipping a less advanced gun from your inventory, etc.

As for rule breaking, you can't account for everything when it comes to people straight up breaking the rules. You could argue against anything if you argue about people breaking the rules. People will just have to get banned, and you get comped for as much as possible.

I mean no offense this will never happen you want the main thing people to use are melee weapons at this state of the server it's just not happening, like idk for now I'm gonna -1 if it gets added it gets added 

• Disagree 1

This is 1980s Mafia RP in New York City and is supposed to be serious and somewhat realistic to an extent, not everyone and their mother should be running around with fully kitted out guns and military-grade weapons with military-grade attachments.

It worked perfectly fine in the past having limited attachments and requiring people to acquire them other than just playing COD gunsmith simulator and running around like a bunch of special forces operatives 24/7.

This change would bring forth multiple things:

• More rackets/money-making opportunities
  • More realistic situations/time-appropriate
  • More RP opportunity
  • Like 1

+1 Bring a new racket bbyyyy

• Like 1

+1 Pretty cool but they would need to implement it in a sort of way where the "i just got RDMed and now you have to comp me for every, single, attachment" situation wouldn't happen