Separate Weapon Attachment Items

I know Bacon-Canadian and Pendred spoke about it a bit, there are also multiple people who played diverge much longer than I who claim it used to be a thing. 

With the release of a bigger new map, newer factions coming, and pendred maybe finding a way to increase the server population (idk I just saw him say something about entities and trying to lower them)- I feel like it would be a good time to release attachment rackets to increase faction revenue, player interaction/rp, assist in a certain power dynamics between the illegal factions, and help the factions with activity that don’t have gun rackets. 

They could also have serial numbers(for muzzles) on them, so they could be filed down, sold illegally, and police investigative rp can take place aswell- or sold legally but they must be recorded like gun store sales. 

it would also help more with taking from the economy and more into the governmental budget as the attachment stamps for gun licences can hold more meaning and power such as different tiers, and how many attachment's someone can carry/transport. 

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

+1

One of the things I miss from the server is this. It was tedious I guess to those who only care about running around and PVPing but, it was super cool RP-wise and brings RP to having attachments and making it where not everyone is running around with a gun with 8 billion attachments on it.

• Helpful & Informative 1

iirc there was a vote on it long time ago but shrug

• Helpful & Informative 1

This definitely adds more RP to the attachment stamps on gun licenses, and planning out kills on people.

Like if you wanna PK somebody and do it quiet, now you gotta make sure everybody has the right gear and shit. 

• Agree 1

+1 Yes this used to be a thing and i will love to see it again in the server

• Like 1

From a government perspective, it is unlikely that separate "attachment stamps" will make a return as I do not intend to change the Register again.

If these physical items are added, then it will most likely be regulated on the basis that a firearm is upgraded in classification when a certain attachment is attached to it (for example, if a class 2 semi-automatic weapon is fitted with an attachment which turns it into a fully-automatic weapon, its classification would be upgraded from class 2 to class 3, etc).

if we will still be able to change the attachments on the go by having them in our inventory then i can see no downsides to implementing this. attachments are already such a big part of the pvp side of the server and adding the need to actually rp to get what you need will force rp on some people who wouldnt have normally.

+1!

• Like 1

This will make overall RP shootouts/hits way better in the way where not everyone's gonna have extended mags and suppressors. +1

• Like 1

i remember when i first joined the server and it was like this, and i loved it.

+1

• Like 1

I really like this idea and I do hope it gets looked at and considered again. Right now everything is free rain when it comes to guns. If you allow other factions to have attachments for a racket, it would create another avenue for money to go through. As for the license, I don't see why we would have to change anything. There are very little amount of guns that have automatic features. You already have to pay extra for attachments when you pay for a license. Just regulate it more and make sure that the attachments are not being sold illegally. Have two factions be in charge of attachments and if they are inactive or whatnot remove them. I don't know the reason they were removed before. I am sure there was a good reason, but If we can bring them back then I think it would make owning a weapon a bit more complicated which is good in my opinion.