Box faction app

Name of Faction:  The Box Family

No. of members: 5 (maybe more didn't get a whole lot of certain answers)

Type of faction: Family

Ethnicity: American

name of character: Dalton Box

discord: Bigmanlovessoviets

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:605186273

Playtime: 3 weeks 1 day 1 hour 30 minutes (as of the application)

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No): yes

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned by us? (Yes/No): Yes

Provide an example of the unique Roleplay your faction will bring to the server/what type of roleplay we can expect from your faction (Images/Videos Preferred):

while the State of New York is very urban, not all cowboys did business in the countryside, some dealt with local businesses, as a group of cowboys operating in New York, we will express the rural appeal of the countryside while also handling business as needs done did.

Provide examples or event ideas to promote activity within your faction and keep people interested. (Reference your unique RP from the question above):
a popular pastime in the rural US is target practice, we could host target practice events and hold a few parties at a local bar.

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images):           The Box family, was a smaller ranching family in the south, before they got pushed out by a bigger ranch, they decided to move to the New York countryside where they assumed they would be little to no competition when it came to dealing beef. After a while, they focused less on the cattle business, and more on other avenues for revenue. Realizing that there were more ways than one to make money to feed their wife and kids, the Box family got into a life of crime, dealing under the table with local mafias and other types. Due to the distance the family had to travel, they sold their ranch and moved into the main city, hoping to score it big in the underground. The family quickly lost all of their money on a bad poker match and had to start from the dirt up.
          No longer missing the South and its heat, the Box family decided to stay in New York, originally they were just going to buy back their old ranch, but they soon realized that crime did pay, so long as you were smart enough to get away with it. With their southern charm they often made it seem that they were but humble ranchers, local law enforcement believed they were a bunch of country bumpkins. The family didn't only do the crime, they also focused on spreading good old Southern values, they always upheld a sense of honesty, integrity, and friendliness. they often invited their friends in the underground to a night out drinking or a good Southern meal at home. 

cowboy 1.jpg

cowboy 2.jpg

Cowboy 3.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

Couple of things I see wrong with this: 

1. "The Box Family' out of all names you chose THE BOX family for a cowboy based faction
2. Playtime is a little low but if you have experience in high positions then I guess it'd be okay
3. A cowboy styled faction would not look right/ fit in with a mafia based server
4. Backstory was short and didn't really have much to it
5. It seems like this application didn't have much time/ thought put into it since it is very sloppy

Edited by Aiden
  • Dumb 3
  • Agree 1

+1 need cowboy rp immediatley

-1 not today cowpoke 

• Agree 1

+1 need cowboy 

• Dumb 1

-1 not the midwest rp

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Arza said:

-1 not the midwest rp

+1 very cool

Hell nah 

+1

-1 this isn’t Red M it’s a mafia server bro. 
IMG_2269.thumb.jpeg.d380421c5b3a2b3a8f1284931a7c50e4.jpeg

• Agree 1
29 minutes ago, Darkfire said:

it aint spic rp either pal

• Like 1
  • Dumb 3
2 hours ago, Darkfire said:

has a cowboy hat in his shi but disses cowboy rp?

• Dumb 1

-1 Diverge Networks 1980's Mafia Roleplay

• Like 1

So the name sounds stupid. Why would someone be afraid of the almighty "the box family" ngl it feels like a joke, Cowboys sound cool but its the 80s. Not really going to add alot of RP

Feels like you used a few dozen of fillerwords in your backstory and honestly it feels like this application has been rushed

Minusing this for a few reasons. 

PRO:

- Diverse. It has potential to be a good idea but not in its current state

CON:

- Your backstory makes no sense at all. Why would ranchers sell their beloved family ranch to move into a bustling city to get into underground black market shit? it just doesn't make sense to me at all. You also mention that they're pushed out of the south and moved to New York... where in the south? why where they pushed out? IMO you need to explain that because why would SOUTHERN ranchers move to the East Coast? 

- You're missing some incredible opportunities for backstory. You could have old school 'wanted' posters for the main family members in your faction. You could even download a single player western map and build your old ranch. It's not necessary but to me that's the kind of stuff that makes applications really stand out. 

- The name is terrible, If you're planning on becoming a sort of 'Cowboy esque' faction you should lean into it more. Call yourself something like 'The Yellowstone Family' 'The Calhoun Boys', names like these to me scream Cowboy... 'Box' does not.

• Agree 2
5 hours ago, Rizano said:

Buy shit from perma banned players for the pay to win function. If you wasn’t broke you’d understand 

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

go play red dead rp lmao, cowboys in the 80s dont make sense

• Dumb 2

Just join the Country Club we don't need a whole faction for western rp 😆

23 hours ago, Rizano said:

''cowboy hat'' and a lot of the western/cowboy culture is taken from the Mexican culture which came from the Spanish.

7 hours ago, Fox said:

Minusing this for a few reasons. 

PRO:

- Diverse. It has potential to be a good idea but not in its current state

CON:

- Your backstory makes no sense at all. Why would ranchers sell their beloved family ranch to move into a bustling city to get into underground black market shit? it just doesn't make sense to me at all. You also mention that they're pushed out of the south and moved to New York... where in the south? why where they pushed out? IMO you need to explain that because why would SOUTHERN ranchers move to the East Coast? 

- You're missing some incredible opportunities for backstory. You could have old school 'wanted' posters for the main family members in your faction. You could even download a single player western map and build your old ranch. It's not necessary but to me that's the kind of stuff that makes applications really stand out. 

- The name is terrible, If you're planning on becoming a sort of 'Cowboy esque' faction you should lean into it more. Call yourself something like 'The Yellowstone Family' 'The Calhoun Boys', names like these to me scream Cowboy... 'Box' does not.

You must not live in the part of the rural south that i do, where i come from, people would sell their property for a more grandiose life, i even brought up why they moved up north 

decided to move to the New York countryside where they assumed there would be little to no competition when it came to dealing beef."

i like to keep things vague; it allows for a stronger sense of diversity among anyone who wants to join in the future, being specific potentially alienates others who might not like a specific area of the south, its more of a preference to me than anything else, im aware of backstory implications but we all have reasons that seem to make no sense.

and yes, there are small ranches in the east! Chatanooga is the HQ of Mayfield.

and there can always be small ranches anywhere you go, dont matter where you live, you can always have a farm. that is what i learned from living in the south of the US, there are farms everywhere, from the moutains to the cities, and all in between. (i come from TN, and it is very diverse, but you will find a farm anywhere)

it doesnt make sense for a ranch family that previously did just ranching to have wanted posters, no reason to be wanted. (thanks for the ranch idea i might work on that in my free time, it sounds interesting)

the name actually comes from a segment of my family out west, im aware it doesnt really "pop out" but i always try to show some respects to my distant family where i can.

TY for the pointers and explaining WHY you disapproved and not the rest of the people being like "nah this dont make sense"

• Dumb 1

tf is box ???

Cowboys in New York😼

I dont see Cowboy RP being a true big hit, a southern family faction would be the next best thing like a hick/hillbilly faction but the backstory needs way more work. Them losing all their money in one poker match doesnt really make alot of sense as a story beat for your backstory but in general cowboy rp just isint the right fit for the 1980's and the backstory itself could have much more thought put into the culture of the family itself and how the actual RP would play out.

Like would it be like old west cowboy kind of cowboy RP or like modern ish cowboy family with an established ranch and decades of history pertaining to the family and its old American roots to cowboys and their family. IMO though Hick/Hillbilly RP would probably be the route that makes the most sense and easier to pull off in the 1980s 

1-

Whole lotta coyboys in NEw York city amirite guys 

• Agree 1