'Newspaper' channel

Hey guys, had a suggestion. Not sure of how difficult the implementation would be though.

Idea:

Add a channel in the discord which creates and entry for /event messages which can be read and taken as IC information and be able to act accordingly as sometimes PK messages can be missed.

Pro:

- It make it so that factions could see who's been PK'd ICly.

- Would make it easier for players to find scheduled events, i.e 'this event starts in 30 mins'.

- Could add a better element of RP into the mix, if people pay attention to the channel.

- Great to be able to look back at PK messages

Con:

- Maybe potential metagame?

• Like 5

+1 I really like this idea. It can also set up a business that gives players a different type of RP rather than grinding bricks, legal rp, cop rp.

• Like 1
  • Dumb 2

+1

The PD discord has something similar, however it's turned into a show off your pk messages channel

I would absolutely love a centralized place where I could talk about all the events I want to run for the public. If I had the ability to schedule them for people.. that'd be so much fun.

+1 - I like this, definitely a way to get any type of information to the whole audience while helping keep people informed on ingame and ooc news / events. Advertising business could be big on here too, and yes the obituaries would be a crazy feature in it too. This idea could be delivered making a news department that has jobs like photography/videography , writers/publishers, and funding events. The cons also arent that bad either, there would just have to be rules revolved around how people use the news. 

this would be super fire, like use the NPC ingame for it

/event is not always used for pk messages, often for events and other misc things.

• Dumb 1
2 hours ago, Canadian-bacon said:

/event is not always used for pk messages, often for events and other misc things.

read the 2nd pro…… 

+1 good idea

8 minutes ago, Faith said:

read the 2nd pro…… 

+1 good idea

clutter

+1

Maybe if you kept /event as a non-discord command and then made /eventdis as the discord command (works the same in game just one adverts to discord & the other doesn't), that would be good.