Southside NYC Health and Hospitals Corp.

Name of Faction: Southside NYC Health and Hospitals Corp. (Southside Health for short)

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 11

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Medical and Health/Business

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): Mixed Ethnic Backgrounds

Name of Character running the faction: James Noell Hurt

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): cameraman_medic

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:163338293

Your Server playtime: 3 Weeks, 1 day, 8 hours, 32 minutes, I have been playing since February of 2021.

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned by us?: Yes

Provide an example of the unique Roleplay your faction will bring to the server/what type of roleplay we can expect from your faction (Images/Videos Preferred): EMS and Health Staff can provide medical care to any player in the game who asks for it. For example, let’s say someone comes to the ambulance saying they’re exhausted and keep throwing up. EMS could provide care during transport by assessing the patient’s vitals, asking medical questions, giving the patient a vomit bag, placing a cold pack on his/her neck, and giving an IV with fluids. Then the RP can be established even further in the hospital where security works as intake, searching the patient for weapons, handling any paperwork that medical staff don't need to handle themselves and EMS and hospital staff work to figure out the problem more thoroughly, giving the patient the proper medications, a diagnosis, and any surgery that could be needed. Paramedics either patrol in the ambulance or stay stationed at the company's delegated medical center awaiting calls and patient contacts. Health staff stay within the medical center to perform surgeries and give diagnoses. Security handles the safety of all personnel and handles most of the clerical paperwork. We have no intentions on attempting to add any Role Play that drastically changes how things are done in the server unless UA and the state ask that of us.

We can also maybe provide a legal racket for organ/bone event items where only people that RP along get it as a reward

Provide examples or event ideas to promote activity within your faction and keep people interested. (Reference your unique RP from the question above): We provide medical coverage at events such as boxing matches and large public gatherings, do free medical exam events, do general hiring events, and events where we sell medical equipment such as a working wheelchair dupe that we have and more that are in the workings.

Organization Backstory: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q-q_YfL3Y8lTVlTMLee9tDn5wxeyM9AijBVDojihv10/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by JamesNoellHurt
Update to ways we can add to RP.
  • Like 5
  • Dumb 1

won’t be accepted never has been never will

• Helpful & Informative 1
  • Dumb 2
  • Disagree 1

Sean's a hater!!!! +1 this would go hard

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

+1 
James knows what he is doing and (if given the faction) will be able to do much more then he already has.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Usually Paramedics go inactive, don't retain enough activity or are used as pocket healers / alts. How will this be different? Because it is a private company? How would the faction make money to pay its employees?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
8 hours ago, Canadian-bacon said:

Usually Paramedics go inactive, don't retain enough activity or are used as pocket healers / alts. How will this be different? Because it is a private company? How would the faction make money to pay its employees?

Other factions want to help and create roleplay with us. To keep working we accept donations for suits and non ems uniforms. We are also opening the company to the market to get investors involved. As a business, we make money through appointments, ranging from 10k-25k depending on the medical problem. As for inactivity, everyone working for the company has a full interest and wants to contribute to medical roleplay, in order to get an incentive for them we try to have all major functions available at once so it can activate as a full system and no one is out on an over the top workload

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, JamesNoellHurt said:

Other factions want to help and create roleplay with us. To keep working we accept donations for suits and non ems uniforms. We are also opening the company to the market to get investors involved. As a business, we make money through appointments, ranging from 10k-25k depending on the medical problem. As for inactivity, everyone working for the company has a full interest and wants to contribute to medical roleplay, in order to get an incentive for them we try to have all major functions available at once so it can activate as a full system and no one is out on an over the top workload

Who is going to pay for appointments? Are you suggesting that people will pay 25k for rp healing? Who will donate suits, and why? And how and what market do you plan to open it to for investing.

You have sorta just said statements but not explained how that works in reality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
1 hour ago, Seansx said:

Who is going to pay for appointments? Are you suggesting that people will pay 25k for rp healing? Who will donate suits, and why? And how and what market do you plan to open it to for investing.

You have sorta just said statements but not explained how that works in reality.

You misread, people pay us donations and receive suits. In terms of doctor's appointments being paid, it's not always just for the roleplay of the appointment. Other times we may give you a working wheelchair dupe for a medical problem and other items in the works rn. In terms of how it actually works, the investors and donations help pay salaries, if you wanna see how it works as a medical system, read my backstory and see the functions of different parts of the company. I also failed to mention we do medical standby at events for 10k.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

+1 hopefully this comes back, always good for roleplay

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

+1

Paramedic roleplay sounds really cool in the sense that it is different from what one would expect from legal factions on this server. It's going to rely on others indulging on the roleplay of it, but I think they deserve a chance to do that. If events began to utilize this service, I feel like it could bring something new. I know I'd love it for my boxing events instead of making poor Ruler run to the pharmacy all the time to heal up fighters.

I want to see it happen! Good luck with your faction!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think that having a path for medical RP makes sense and will help create plenty of RP scenarios that are more controlled by the players. I think "racket" wise and to generate money these guys should have people pay for an operation which gives the medical players their RP and in return they get an event item like a bone or a jar of organs that now has some lore behind it and a story to go with the event item. People basically pay for RP and are rewarded with an event item for the effort. GMs can oversee more serious cases and possibly give more work to them if it's something that people do consistently. +1

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Diverge101 said:

I think that having a path for medical RP makes sense and will help create plenty of RP scenarios that are more controlled by the players. I think "racket" wise and to generate money these guys should have people pay for an operation which gives the medical players their RP and in return they get an event item like a bone or a jar of organs that now has some lore behind it and a story to go with the event item. People basically pay for RP and are rewarded with an event item for the effort. GMs can oversee more serious cases and possibly give more work to them if it's something that people do consistently. +1

And to branch off on this, I just added an update to the application. We provide a racket that gives  organs and bones as event items following a medical surgery. This presents an answer to the previous "will people pay 25,000 for a doctor's appointment?" Question, they through surgery obtain organs or bones.

-/+

I'd love to see something like this but I'm with Canadian in that, I think this could end up falling flat very quickly. You need to have something of value/a USP to show, (for example, have the heal items removed so only the hospital faction can heal fully). 

It's a lot of in-depth RP for not a lot of return on the players end. 

18 hours ago, Fox said:

-/+

I'd love to see something like this but I'm with Canadian in that, I think this could end up falling flat very quickly. You need to have something of value/a USP to show, (for example, have the heal items removed so only the hospital faction can heal fully). 

It's a lot of in-depth RP for not a lot of return on the players end. 

I think what James was trying to say was when people pay the fee for surgery, what they are really paying for is the medical event that these guys will perform and as well as the medical event they get an event item like a rib, jar of organs, etc. depending on what the RP situation was. It creates RP situations and event items with some significance behind them to build character background.

• Like 1

+1 seems fun

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sorry, but this won’t happen. It’s unfortunate, but it’s true.

• Dumb 1
  • Disagree 2

+1 My faction has a therapy racket that works with your company. I can fully see this work out if the leadership doesn’t lose interest.

• Like 1

+1 

I would absolutely love to see this be successful. I understand something like this might have happened before, but if it can be made any bit like how the PD is structured, I would love to also get myself involved with it.

• Like 1
+1

I might be biased on this topic as I am a part of it... but I still want to state my opinion I was in the old EMS faction before it was disbanded. I understand the fears of Fox and Canadian Bacon on this one, inactivity is a big problem, especially on legal factions based on RP alone

But I think that it is important to look at the ENTRE picture here.. In my opinion, there are more positive effects of implementing this faction than negative ones

Firstly
, lots of Criminal Factions that are more involved in serious passive RP have already shown interest in the comeback of the EMS faction as a whole. The private company we currently operate is already involved with multiple other businesses, we do medical operations, move around the city in our ambulances, and make appointments with individuals interested in getting more than just a medkit after a shootout

Secondly, someone got the financial aspect argument out, that is a very good point to bring up. It's important to note that everyone in the company at the moment doesn't work for the money. All of them know that the pay is little to nothing. These people are, for the vast majority, just players who miss the old Serious Roleplay that came with EMS. This is why I am personally into this project. I want to bring back this lost roleplay. Current members are passionate and often veterans of the server. We just want to get Medical and Legal RP a serious option to look at when coming in the server.

Thirdly, we don't want to impose our ways. People will still be able to simply get a medkit at the NPC and go on their way. This faction, as stated earlier, would probably work with factions wanting more passive roleplay and with the government. If you don't want to be a part of the medical RP, you don't need to. It's solely based on a voluntary basis. Lots of people want that, I don't see why we could not give it to them.

Lastly, someone asked me why we should be in a faction and not only stay as a private company. It's relatively simple... We want to own and operate a building. We want to get the Ambulance as a faction vehicle, show current investors the real work done and, of course, get a better structure and organization done. I think it would be a nice addition.
We are active and just want to give more options to people.

• Like 1

if done properly could be cool!

+1

Would be cool to see medical rp come back. Could potentially breathe some much needed life into legal rp

+1 medical rp is fun

A lot of the old medical stuff doesn't exist on here anymore. Like blood bags and stuff. You only need bandages and splints really. It would be even more stale than before. People would rarely call ems to begin with

4 hours ago, Rem said:

A lot of the old medical stuff doesn't exist on here anymore. Like blood bags and stuff. You only need bandages and splints really. It would be even more stale than before. People would rarely call ems to begin with

ever heard of the power of flamingo and his legendary funds

• Like 1
On 4/22/2024 at 9:10 PM, MxR said:

ever heard of the power of flamingo and his legendary funds

crazy

• Agree 1