In-Game Name(s): Mariano "M" Avila, Senior Officer John McGee
Steam Name: Zqrxz
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974773289/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7253780
Discord Username: Zqrxz
When did you first join the server: May 19th
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 weeks 4 hours
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-8 hours depending on the day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but willing to learn
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivation comes from my experience being staff on other servers and the enjoyment that this server brings to me. I see a lot of times when certain things don't get handled due to staff members not being on and due to my very open schedule currently I have a lot of time to spend on the server. People breaking rules and not following the guidelines of the server at least for me ruins the experience of playing what is supposed to be a serious RP server. I also want to help keep the server up to the standard that people expect upon joining for the first time. I've also met many staff members and spoken to them about staffing, and it seems very interesting to me especially cause it's a lot different than the other servers I've played and staffed on.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I bring to the table a lot of staff experience from other servers. I have spent the last 2 years staffing for different servers on GMOD and have learned a lot about what is expected of a staff member. Many people come into staff using it for a power trip or some kind of status whereas my motivation is solely the betterment of the server as a whole. I'm also a very non biased person regardless of who is in the situation whether it be my friend or someone I dislike I will treat them no differently than how they should be treated in the situation. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Paragon MRP Manager for around 1 month and also Senior Admin for a few months, Also Garnet MRP Admin for I believe over a year. 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No 
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I have definitely gotten to know a lot of higher-ranking people across factions and staff, and I would say that my reputation is pretty good, and that people would definitely say the same about me.
What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?: My favorite moment would have to be the addition of Little Italy and having a sort of family feeling all protecting each other and getting to know each other throughout the last few days since map release.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Adam/Char
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would ask if any other staff were available to handle it as me taking the sit as me taking them to a sit myself could be seen as a "taking your own sit" kind of situation and could potentially look bad on me and cause problems. If no other staff are around, I would take the person to a sit myself and speak to them regarding the situation before making a decision on punishment. 
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would take as much evidence of the situation as I can and then take that proof and explain what I've seen to the correct staff members that can handle the situation properly.
A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would first allow someone else to take the sit as it could look biased to others if I were to take the sit. If no one is around to take it, I would take the sit and conduct myself as I would with anyone else. Gather evidence if provided and decide on punishment from there.
---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Zqrxz
  • Like 3
  • Disagree 1

pal.png

19 minutes ago, Zqrxz said:

Also Garnet MRP Admin for I believe over a year. 

I used to play MRP before this, standup guy and good staff member. I've never had/seen an issue with him and he always remained respectful in any type of situation. I've also seen him on this server, interacting with everyone and creating a name for himself. +1 

• Like 2
  • Helpful & Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Use to play MRP with him as well really great guy, has always shown maturity and would be a great fit +1

Edited by Medinator
  • Like 1
  • Helpful & Informative 1

+1, never had an issue with this guy. he clearly put effort in this application and it shows, hes a good roleplayer, follows rules, and is generally just a nice guy. would be a great fit for staff.

• Like 1

+1

+1

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.