Carpenter's Ban Appeal

Name: Carpenter

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:567863431

Discord ID: carpenterxo

Reason for Ban: Pendred put “Retard.”

Length of Ban: Permanent

Reason for Appeal: I don’t know the precise reason why I was banned. I would have asked but I was instantly banned from all the Discord servers as well so I could not make a ticket. I assume it was because I killed Susan Medici, but to my knowledge, it was a fair PK. Pendred did touch a bit on the reasons why I was banned under Susan Medici’s PK appeal. He notes “Circumstances leading up to this situation are irrelevant, I'm not going to allow someone who is an extremely dedicated, active member of the community have their experience impacted by someone who has demonstrated to be neither of those things, who doesn't contribute to the community or roleplay and just wants to inflict harm, for no other reason than being a spiteful dog. He can be banned alongside this.” This would not be a problem if it was true, but it isn’t. First, I don’t see how the circumstances are irrelevant. That’s how a situation should be judged. Second, he says I was not an active member or dedicated. Because I do not know Pendred personally, I assume he just thought that I was another minge and was trying to ruin the server. But I had been a player on Diverge for quite a while and most definitely engaged with others. From being part of Luchesse at first, to Bonnanos, the Police Department, and then my most prominent character Paul Cerrito was pretty well-known throughout the Colombo Crime Family. I also created the Maple Street Crips with some friends and that stayed around for a while. I was also a member of staff for a short time. With all that said, I was definitely active within the community. I don’t think a possible mistake I made should regard me as a “spiteful dog” and calls for a permanent ban. If I did legitimately break any rules, I apologize, but I think a lot of this could have been a misunderstanding and doesn’t warrant a permanent ban.

Why Should You Be Unbanned: I’ve been banned for a little over half a year and many friends have tried to get me back on. Now that it’s summer, I’d like to play again because I did genuinely enjoy the server. For any rules I did break, I apologize, and I feel that the 6 months+ I’ve been banned has probably covered it. 

image.png.f8a0e74e2901778cd1981826cb957174.png

• Like 3
  • Dumb 1
  • Disagree 3

+1 pretty decent roleplayer when he was around, he was pretty cool

• Like 1
  • Bad Spelling 1

were you bein a retard?

• Funny 1
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, KingJewMonaclu said:

were you bein a retard?

If I remember correctly, this may be the dude that joined 14K, and used their room in imperial to lure Susan in with her guard down (taking advantage of being in an allied faction) and then attempted to mug her to which resulted in her pk- but at the same time I swear there were screenshots found; he was in a different gmod or fivem discord server talking shit about Susan and making plans to do the very thing that he did. 

Idk if this is 100% the guy but it seems very familiar to the case I’m talking about

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Bad Spelling 1
  • Agree 2
13 hours ago, KingJewMonaclu said:

were you bein a retard?

I’ve already explained everything I am aware of above. I was permanently banned after I had killed Susan Medici. The admin who took the sit agreed it abided by the rules, and I personally am not aware of specifically any rules I had broken. If I did break any rules I do apologize. But I still don’t think it calls for a permanent ban on my end. From what it seems I was judged as someone who came on to just ruin someone’s experience and was not part of the community, but as I described: I think that is a big misunderstanding and intend to ruin no one’s gameplay. When I was able, I played the server pretty much everyday and got along just fine with others.

13 hours ago, Baselsamarah said:

If I remember correctly, this may be the dude that joined 14K, and used their room in imperial to lure Susan in with her guard down (taking advantage of being in an allied faction) and then attempted to mug her to which resulted in her pk- but at the same time I swear you were in a different gmod or fivem server talking shit about Susan and making plans to do the very thing that you did. 

Idk if this is 100% the guy but it seems very familiar to the case I’m talking about

I am unaware as to which faction I was in when the situation took place, it was over six months ago. And no, I was not planning to PK Susan, I don't even play FiveM. At the time I actually didn't even know it WAS Susan until it was revealed OOC. In no way was I targetting Medici.

• Like 1
  • Helpful & Informative 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Carpenter said:

I am unaware as to which faction I was in when the situation took place, it was over six months ago. And no, I was not planning to PK Susan, I don't even play FiveM. At the time I actually didn't even know it WAS Susan until it was revealed OOC. In no way was I targetting Medici.

https://divergenetworks.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6850

(I was the upper management in 14K she was referring to that denied hiring you- then you slimed a way in by lying to a new recruit and a staff member lol)  

how are you gonna lie and get caught like that lmfao. I’m now damn sure you are the guy and I am 100% right lol. I do remember seeing the screenshots of you saying you wanted to target them in Hylics discord lmfao.  

the reason why your ban reason is retard is because you are one of the Hylics retards that couldn’t cope with diverge lol

Edited by Baselsamarah
  • Like 2
  • Dumb 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Baselsamarah said:

https://divergenetworks.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6850

how are you gonna lie and get caught like that lmfao. I’m now damn sure you are the guy and I am 100% right lol. I do remember seeing the screenshots of you saying you wanted to target them in Hylics discord lmfao.  

the reason why your ban reason is retard is because you are one of the Hylics retards that couldn’t cope with diverge lol

Me not knowing what faction I was in does not contradict anything? I never targetted Susan, and didn’t know it was her until after the mugging. So that’s a lie, not once did I go out of my way to kill Susan Medici. This also has nothing to do with Hylics, how am I “one of them?” I had been a member of Diverge long before and literally do not care about the competition between the two.

• Dumb 2

+1 I think he should get another chance  he may have done a few retarded stuff but maybe he could learn from it

• Like 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Agree 1

You were in Hylics Discord talking shit about Diverge and talking about your PK on Susan. You are one of the many little rats who thought Hylics would take off, and now you're trying to crawl your way back.

You lied to a member of staff to get a faction whitelist to a faction you hadn't been hired into and used that to mug Susan, you also metagamed the fuck out of the mugging. You're chatting so much shit on your appeal it's kinda funny. You knew it was Susan and you were gloating about it until Pendred reversed it and banned you. Susan had the Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite model, everyone on the server knew it. Don't try and weasel your way out of it by making up absolute lies because your autism prevents you from remembering the circumstances that got you banned in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Dumb 2
  • Agree 4
41 minutes ago, Toast said:

You were in Hylics Discord talking shit about Diverge and talking about your PK on Susan. You are one of the many little rats who thought Hylics would take off, and now you're trying to crawl your way back.

You lied to a member of staff to get a faction whitelist to a faction you hadn't been hired into and used that to mug Susan, you also metagamed the fuck out of the mugging. You're chatting so much shit on your appeal it's kinda funny. You knew it was Susan and you were gloating about it until Pendred reversed it and banned you. Susan had the Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite model, everyone on the server knew it. Don't try and weasel your way out of it by making up absolute lies because your autism prevents you from remembering the circumstances that got you banned in the first place.

Toast, you should have brought a fire extinguisher the way you cookin rn

• Dumb 1

+1, I've known Carpenter since when we both started in Colombos, I will vouch that his RP is on point and that he shouldn't be removed from the community/server for the incident. I think the times been long enough and that he should be given another chance on the server.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
52 minutes ago, Toast said:

I guess I don’t really understand this whole Hylics thing. You say it as if I’ve committed treason. Literally, everyone has checked it out, including you. I don’t see that as abnormal because it was the only other competing server gaining any traction, we were all curious. That doesn’t mean I was or am praying on Diverge’s downfall. Nor does it mean that for anyone else who was curious, again, including you. I loved Diverge and played it every day and had lots of fun playing alongside my friends.

On that note, talking about the PK on Susan Medici was inevitable considering the word spread like a wildfire and I was getting messages left and right. Since I was banned on Diverge, people who did not have me added naturally pinged me in other servers. Including Boom himself (who was Don at the time, unsure if he still is). The large majority of them came at me angrily, so I apologize if I showed any aggression back? It was a heated night. I would not be surprised if I said things that were out of pocket.

And again, I literally and genuinely did not know it was Susan. I don’t know else how to prove or get that across. I did not go out of my way to mess with Susan Medici whom I didn’t even know personally and still have nothing against. If Susan was the only one with access to that player model, I was certainly unaware. It was only found out after the situation had been initiated in the sit where Medici was first PKed.

I am not saying I am blameless and completely in the right, that I made no mistakes. It is not my intention to seek and justify all of my actions, if any. I just don’t think my offense warranted the permanent ban and feel the six months have been fair game. I am not some minge that you are perceiving me as who came on to ruin the game. I was a very active player who made a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

lol
image.thumb.png.457448741e632cedfda84a8fc674001e.png

• Dumb 1
  • Funny 2

I am aware of things I said in a public Discord server. I have already covered this. I had been getting DMs and pings from many, many people hating on me. I responded in a careless and cutthroat manner - it was a heated night. I shouldn’t have done it. I’ve stated numerous times now, I am not looking to justify all of my actions and things I said. That is not what I’m arguing at all, simply that I apologize, think the 6 months have been just, and I’d like to play Diverge again with my friends.

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1

-1 i knew this guy from another server where me and him used to run a faction together and i am totally against his unban  as i gave him trust and he broke it so i believe if you give him the trust and he comes back he will do the same thing the second a new server comes to compete with diverge.

• Bad Spelling 1
  • Disagree 2
3 minutes ago, exton said:

-1 i knew this guy from another server where me and him used to run a faction together and i am totally against his unban  as i gave him trust and he broke it so i believe if you give him the trust and he comes back he will do the same thing the second a new server comes to compete with diverge.

We quite literally never "ran a faction" together. 💀 We teamed up our gangs, brother. It's about time you get over PoliceRP days that were over two years ago. You claim you "gave me trust?" I don't even know what that is supposed to indicate. I'm sorry you feel that way, but be real, you haven't liked me since I killed my Luchesse character. 

• Dumb 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 2

notible figures are coming out againsted your unbanning. The ban reason shouldve been made more apparent in the first place. as I was going to side with @Carpenter before seeing the metagaming and OOC information. If this appeal gets anything changed- it should be that pendred or any staff needs to put the relevant information in the banning reasons / appeal. that is exactly what they are for and this clears up confusion going forward. 

-1 you seem to be in a better place, but significant changes to past behavior cant be overlooked over half a year of pondering. Psychology just doesn't work that way, it takes a long time of bettering yourself to truly achieve something greater, and i find that there wasn't enough time for your appeal. I hope this situation ends positively for everyone involved.

• Like 1
  • Dumb 1
13 minutes ago, KeoNasa said:

notible figures are coming out againsted your unbanning. The ban reason shouldve been made more apparent in the first place. as I was going to side with @Carpenter before seeing the metagaming and OOC information. If this appeal gets anything changed- it should be that pendred or any staff needs to put the relevant information in the banning reasons / appeal. that is exactly what they are for and this clears up confusion going forward. 

-1 you seem to be in a better place, but significant changes to past behavior cant be overlooked over half a year of pondering. Psychology just doesn't work that way, it takes a long time of bettering yourself to truly achieve something greater, and i find that there wasn't enough time for your appeal. I hope this situation ends positively for everyone involved.

Hey, I appreciate your sound response. I’m not quite sure what OOC information you are inferring I used, so I can't say much to that point. About “psychology,” I don’t necessarily see what that has to do with the situation. Have I changed for the better over 6 months? I’d say so. Either way, I believe a permanent ban was a bit harsh, and think the half a year I’ve been banned has been adequate. Thanks.

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
On 5/25/2024 at 8:08 PM, Carpenter said:

Name: Carpenter

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:567863431

Discord ID: carpenterxo

Reason for Ban: Pendred put “Retard.”

Length of Ban: Permanent

Reason for Appeal: I don’t know the precise reason why I was banned. I would have asked but I was instantly banned from all the Discord servers as well so I could not make a ticket. I assume it was because I killed Susan Medici, but to my knowledge, it was a fair PK. Pendred did touch a bit on the reasons why I was banned under Susan Medici’s PK appeal. He notes “Circumstances leading up to this situation are irrelevant, I'm not going to allow someone who is an extremely dedicated, active member of the community have their experience impacted by someone who has demonstrated to be neither of those things, who doesn't contribute to the community or roleplay and just wants to inflict harm, for no other reason than being a spiteful dog. He can be banned alongside this.” This would not be a problem if it was true, but it isn’t. First, I don’t see how the circumstances are irrelevant. That’s how a situation should be judged. Second, he says I was not an active member or dedicated. Because I do not know Pendred personally, I assume he just thought that I was another minge and was trying to ruin the server. But I had been a player on Diverge for quite a while and most definitely engaged with others. From being part of Luchesse at first, to Bonnanos, the Police Department, and then my most prominent character Paul Cerrito was pretty well-known throughout the Colombo Crime Family. I also created the Maple Street Crips with some friends and that stayed around for a while. I was also a member of staff for a short time. With all that said, I was definitely active within the community. I don’t think a possible mistake I made should regard me as a “spiteful dog” and calls for a permanent ban. If I did legitimately break any rules, I apologize, but I think a lot of this could have been a misunderstanding and doesn’t warrant a permanent ban.

Why Should You Be Unbanned: I’ve been banned for a little over half a year and many friends have tried to get me back on. Now that it’s summer, I’d like to play again because I did genuinely enjoy the server. For any rules I did break, I apologize, and I feel that the 6 months+ I’ve been banned has probably covered it. 

image.png.f8a0e74e2901778cd1981826cb957174.png

+1  a little bit sped but wouldnt do nothin with malice. Free the homie

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

+1 He deserves a second chance

• Like 2
  • Dumb 1

you guys out here putting +1 and -1 like it does something lol

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
4 minutes ago, Kewl said:

you guys out here putting +1 and -1 like it does something lol

Long time no see Kewl, thanks for the +1 ❤️

• Dumb 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

I'm all for 2nd chances, but you never once even reached out on the incident to me when all it happened and on later dates.. You totally knew who I was, we actually spoke a handful of times IC and in VC idk why you have to even lie other evidence shows exactly that. Clearly you wanted to cause damage to multiple people/factions not just me, and honestly one less person like you in Diverge is a win for the community. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
40 minutes ago, caboose said:

I'm all for 2nd chances, but you never once even reached out on the incident to me when all it happened and on later dates.. You totally knew who I was, we actually spoke a handful of times IC and in VC idk why you have to even lie other evidence shows exactly that. Clearly you wanted to cause damage to multiple people/factions not just me, and honestly one less person like you in Diverge is a win for the community. 

I’m unsure what in particular you wanted me to “reach out to you” about.
1.) People do not typically go talking to the person they just PKed as far as I am aware.
2.) I was permanently banned from Diverge and did not know how to contact you outside of that. And I was not going to go around asking “Hey! Do you know a way I can talk to Susan Medici?”
Nor do I understand why you would presume I was seeking to cause harm or damage to “multiple people/factions.” I had no reason to do so. OOC, I was on generally good terms with everyone as far as I am concerned. And genuinely, I do not recall ever explicitly speaking with or to you. I don’t doubt that for my short period as a Lucchese associate, we may have come in contact as I was somewhat "friends" with Pistol P when I had first joined the server. Besides that, I do not remember having any sort of possible contact with you. I still hold to the fact that as the mugging took place I was not targeting you. I do not personally know you.
Either way, I appreciate your response.

• Like 1
  • Dumb 1

hylix is gonna be such a better server guys! I can't wait!

You made a char explicitly for mugging, got them into an 'allied faction' and did so deliberately to settle OOC beef and to cause discontent while preaching how much better Hylix was going to be.

8s15da.jpg

• Bad Spelling 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1