Martin Riggs ban appeal

Your Character or Steam Name:Martin Riggs

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:419429676

Your Discord ID#: Drunken#2484

Reason for ban: RDM

Length of ban: 1 week

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): So the clip shows that the victim in question points a gun at two officers, the man being thrown and me (whilst i arrived one scene). When i arrived on scene i saw the man with a pistol and then a bang went off which then lead to an explosion. Due to me thinking it was a gun shot and due to him pointing the gun at me from my POV i shot and killed the victim. The sit itself was ended by me not getting told what punishment i was getting nor did i get told whether i did do anything wrong, i was returned and then immediately banned for one week.

Why should you be unbanned? Unfair ban and it was a miss communication of events if that makes sense .

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/28yEOQad_rIW_z/wDlIwYWRRxI3?invite=cr-MSw4OGcsNjA4OTYyNDIs?mobilebypass=true

Edited by Drunken
  • Like 1

Hello there, banning staff member here.

You have 9 PO's and are clearly a repeat offender of RDM.

This is a roleplay server, and you need to roleplay every once in a while. Shooting someone with zero interaction or commands to the player like saying at minimum "Put your hands up", which a police officer would do in real life. You instead decided to instantly shoot instead of investigate the situation.

In the clip the guy was clearly trying to help the cop from getting killed by the Taxi Driver slamming them into the car. You gave zero commands to the person with the gun, and ontop of that, he specifically pointed the gun away from you, above into the sky then put the gun on safety. The person who clipped this and reported you posed zero threat.

If you took at least 2 seconds to get the full situation out of the only person still alive in the area, you could've seen that he was simply trying to help your fellow NYPD officer.

As a banning note I put this exactly.

9 PO's for RDM, ARDM, hes very trigger happy and refuses to do any roleplay in scenarios before shooting first.

• Like 1
  • Bad Spelling 1
  • Agree 1

As a RP'ing officers, i have to make split second decisions in the heat of a moment, i heard a lound bang, then the victim is stood there was a gun pointed towards a dead officers, x2 blown up cars and is pointing the gun at me. That's is more than enough reason to shoot him. He posed a valid threat to my life. Saying i didnt use any verbal commands is invalid as the victim didn't say he was helping the officer at any point during the interaction. As for my PO's i have been punished for them. I have been an RP'ing member of this community for over 2 years, and saying that i refuse to RP in stupid.

From previous expereinces, if i was to roll up and i dont shoot i would of been instantly shot if he was the suspect in question. I had all reason to shoot the suspect.

+1 PoliceRP is much different than civilian, you really do need to make in the moment decisions for the safety of yourself, other officers, and the general public. In the case of this situation, I fully believe that he was in the right here, although it is RDM this should have been dealt with in an IC manner. This was a situation where IA would have been much more suited for "Improper use of force" because an officers first reaction when seeing a cop car get blown up is to shoot, not to command someone to throw their hands up because they will (and I have had this happen) just shoot and kill you the second you say that.

• Disagree 1
14 hours ago, Drunken said:

As a RP'ing officers, i have to make split second decisions in the heat of a moment, i heard a lound bang, then the victim is stood there was a gun pointed towards a dead officers, x2 blown up cars and is pointing the gun at me. That's is more than enough reason to shoot him. He posed a valid threat to my life.

His gun was on safety for a solid second after you decided to shoot and pointed it very clearly away from you.

Saying i didnt use any verbal commands is invalid as the victim didn't say he was helping the officer at any point during the interaction.

The victim is NOT the one who should be telling you commands. You are the police officer, you are supposed to take charge of the situation, like in real life. In the victims head, just think about it for a second, he thought, and was, in the right, he wouldn't be held up to the expectation of "I need to tell this guy I just did right", because as an officer, you are meant to analyze the situation.

As for my PO's i have been punished for them. I have been an RP'ing member of this community for over 2 years, and saying that i refuse to RP in stupid.

From previous expereinces, if i was to roll up and i dont shoot i would of been instantly shot if he was the suspect in question. I had all reason to shoot the suspect.

Your PO's simply reflect what type of person you are. And you showed it time and time again that you are trigger happy.

He had a single fire glock, at most he'd be able to injure you before you got 1 shotgun shot off and killing him.

If he was truly a threat, why didn't you make a pk ticket to get this guy's character pked? Because he was not a threat nor did he ever fire at you. He put his gun on safety as fast as he could because a lot was happening at the time and he probably handled it the best out of anyone there by putting his gun on safety after realizing you were a cop.

I have been an RP'ing member of this community for over 2 years, and saying that i refuse to RP in stupid.

I mean this in the least disrespectful manor ever, but have you seen any of your hostage "negotiation" clips? 80% of the time, its someone already dealing with it or a non-threat hostage taker, you walk in, shoot them, walk out, call it a day.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted. This looks like a split second decision in which from your viewpoint you see a guy shoot toward the cop car which blows up. Its reasonable you thought this individual was shooting at the cops on purpose, even if the gun went on safety, it all happened within a second. Bad situation awareness cop RP wise, but not RDM. 

The ban will be lifted from your account shortly. If it was deemed an invalid ban, it will also be removed from your record.

Edited by Boomroasted
  • Disagree 1