A timer on F3s

This is kinda one of those ideas you come up with being stoned, so bear with me. I'll keep it short and simple:

- Add time limits to being recognizable by someone. IE: When I F3 someone, after 5 minutes my F3 becomes "Unknown" again to them

- Add a check though so if it's the same character ID F3ing the other same character ID; once you f3 the same person 3 times it'll be permanent.

This solidifies close relationships within the families, while dons can give dons orders to lower guys now without fear of them using their name in the future against them since they'll forget what they look like later, and it puts a slight curve against ID fishing with the police, and if you get id fished 3 times then in RP you'd be considered a frequent flyer with the police and they'll know you.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I partially agree. however if a Don issues orders. they should be able to die for that. realistically the person they send to kill someone for them should be trusted. as Death is something that is serious in roleplay. and its a permanent thing. The Don should risk somebody they trust and somebody which is valuable as they are permanently resolving one of their problems. Risk for Reward type of thing.

Edited by RealMF
  • Dumb 1
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RealMF said:

I partially agree. however if a Don issues orders. they should be able to die for that. realistically the person they send to kill someone for them should be trusted. as Death is something that is serious in roleplay. and its a permanent thing. The Don should risk somebody they trust and somebody which is valuable as they are permanently resolving one of their problems. Risk for Reward type of thing.

For the most part yes, but some families require you to have your bones before being made, so if an associate is gonna get wacked, the don will have a promising associate who needs his bones to do it so he can have that requirement for their button. Lowkey in a mob setting if a lowly associate meets the Don, realistically it isn't long-term, it's probably for a mission and then they'll never see the Don again as they don't associate themselves with the lower ranks, hence the f3 purge. But if you do like 3 missions for the don, then yeah, the associate would probably recognize him in a crowd of people after 3 encounters. Just an idea though, I don't expect this to pass with flying colors.

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1

Why though, would I forget your name after 5 minutes

• Like 1

A good idea that I would like to see implemented

17 minutes ago, KingJewMonaclu said:

Why though, would I forget your name after 5 minutes

idk pendred'll make it whatever time is reasonable, could be 30 mins could be 24 hours

+1 

This idea actually makes a lot of sense.

When you meet someone for the first time and have a quick chat, you’d probably forget their name, but you’d remember their look or voice. Adding this feature would be cool and would help stop cops from just fishing for IDs. I mean, they check a bunch of IDs every day... they wouldn’t realistically remember everyone they’ve stopped.

Back in the day showing your ID didn't give your f3.

I’m gonna go on my cop char and find you via metagame and get your f3. 

+1 But only for PD tbh cos if its someone in another faction ur building relations u should remember their name, whereas police stop multiple people and wont remember everybodies names

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Falcon said:

idk pendred'll make it whatever time is reasonable, could be 30 mins could be 24 hours

what if i just remember ur name forever cause im not dumb

34 minutes ago, Hammer said:

+1 But only for PD tbh cos if its someone in another faction ur building relations u should remember their name, whereas police stop multiple people and wont remember everybodies names

i collect them like pokemon

• Agree 1

So same way you can introduce yourself to someone without giving your f3 ? 🫠

5 hours ago, RealMF said:

I mean if you constantly switch dons your faction isnt stable at all. Why would your don give his name or his orders to someone who isnt trustworthy? As don you already need to be careful 

1 hour ago, Bunni said:

So same way you can introduce yourself to someone without giving your f3 ? 🫠

"Hey my name is:"

• Bad Spelling 1

This is one of those shoulda stayed a baked idea it is impractical and makes no sense if you don’t want someone having your f3 then don’t give it out and for cops having your name is part of the game it’s mafia rp and most gangsters were known to the public all bosses names “F3” are public as they would be known realistically it makes no sense for me to meet someone then 30 minutes later forget I ever met him and his name this is not schizophrenic roleplay. And these are the niggas doing our “Roleplay” Events guys trying to take the rp out of the rp server 

I'd prefer a system like this:

- Showing/searching an ID has a x amount of minutes that the person can recognize a name, so it prevents ID fishing.

- But F3 is permanent no matter what. By hitting F3 you are allowing someone to recognize you.

Having to get someone's F3 on 3 different occasions is unrealistic and a pain to accomplish...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1