Ingame Pager Usernames / Illegal Bulletin Board

I always thought the ingame pager item had a lot of potential but is weighed down by a big factor, the pager being directly tied to character ID's, I think this inherently made a lot of people distrust the use of the pagers, there's potential to metagame(cops use the same char id for ssn), there's a perceived risk potential, anyone could do /copyid to find the person. With the ability to arrange meeting and the like through discord, this made the use of the pager largely irrelevant.

Suggestions to improve:

1. Add assignable usernames: This will keep the pagers anonymous and will allow those in criminal RP to communicate and establish presence. I think many would likely be more willing to give their usernames to other factions. Has the potential for capos to arrange crew deals with each other or even as a more reliable way of selling clothing. ( Possibly add a cost for the username to avoid abuse. )

2. Illegal Bulletins: With the ability to assign a username to a pager will allow advertisements to a specific person, or a potential 'company', copying the existing bulletin board system for use in the illegal market, could foster many transactions, with the perceived anonymity. IMO would drive many to the use of pagers. ( I think a conversation would need to be had for detective purposes, as it'd be very easy for detectives to copy paste all data from these bulletins on a daily basis, effectively renderings them pointless, as people will distrust them immediately mitigating any potential for adoptation. )

( On a side note, it's possible you could allow messages to be sent and received on discord though this system, allowing everything to be full monitored and IC. Allowing for a potential for any IC conversation to be needing to be sent through this system. )

• Like 4