NS's Staff Reinstatement App

In-Game Name(s): Johnny "Big Johnny" Adams, Fabricio "The King" Soprano
Steam Name: NS
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077429077/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58581674
Discord Username: NoSanctuaryWPD
When did you first join the server: 19th August 2022
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 months, 6 days, 3 hours, 22 minutes.
Time Zone: GMT-4 (Same as EST)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3 hours a day at the very least
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I'm applying mainly because I think that I can be of real help to Diverge's Staff Team, I've been playing on the MafiaRP server for almost 2 years now, I know the rules, and I feel I can help other people (Specially new guys around) to have a great time around the city, just as I did. Now, from August till the rest of year, I'll be having some spare time, that I'd love to dedicate to improving the growth and the overall RP quality of the server. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: As I stated on my previous Staff App back on August 2023, I see myself as a grown man, capable of making the difference between joking moments and serious moments. I'm not the type of guy who makes everything a whoop ass being sarcastic and insultive. I'm very patient, I can bear being insulted or wrongfully accused without losing calm. I'm also always open for criticism and to learn new things. I also know that I'll be having to prioritize Staff duties over RP.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes. Before playing MafiaRP I've played on several spanish speaking StarWarsRP servers, becoming staff on roughly 20 of them, from 2016 to 2023. I was also part of Diverge's Staff from August 2023 to November 2023, reaching the rank of Administrator and GameMaster. I got removed because of inactivity. I stopped playing because my father passed away on November last year, and I really didn't felt like playing at all around that time.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I've been banned for LTAP and IT. Haven't been banned for nearly a year now.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I'm not really known all over, I've just got to be known around certain factions, mostly the ones I've been a part of. However, I've managed to make some good friends on the server, and I like to keep everything on the RP, no hard feelings or personal issues. I'd say that other members around think of me as a serious guy, a bit harsh at times, but always trying to be fair.

What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?: On a personal level, I really enjoy war times, It's a really unique kinda period, it's very intense, stresfull and makes people from different allied factions cooperate with each other. Brings a change to the everyday routine of managing businesses and brick grinding. My favorite war so far was the 2022 Cartel Wars, mainly because of the coordination in between the italian factions.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First thing I would try to do is to get another staff member through the admin chat to call for an admin sit to deal with the issue, to try to keep everything as impartial as possible. If no one would be able to do it, I would make a sit myself with the offender, and depending on his notes, I would most likely only be giving him a warning. I would only ban him in case that he had extense notes of recent RDM, but I would avoid it, since I can be accused of being biased since I was the victim.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would try to get clip or log evidence, and I would go to a Staff member with a higher rank than him to inform him about the situation.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: It does constitute possible bias, so I would let the ticket there for about 1 or 2 minutes to see if any other Staff member can take it. If no one else takes it, I would talk on the admin chat to get someone to take it. If no one else is available, I would take, and I would try to be very cautious on being as impartial as possible. Since this guy "rarely does this when I play with him", I would only be giving him a warn, and I would talk to him to make him stop behaving that way.

Edited by NS.

+1 NS is a great guy

• Agree 1

+1 Great guy and knows what he is doing on the server. Would be a great addition to the staff team. 

• Agree 1

Welcome aboard

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.

Edited by Youbear