Ban Appeal

Numbscul Sarcophogas

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198818005070

TISDEEIRISH

RDM  x1

Length of ban: 1 day

I was Banned for killing two players that were in a stolen cop car and ran over and killed my friend. I then exacted revenge for my friend and killed the two players in a stolen vehicle and had did a hit and run. The clip that was used to get me banned will explain this further. This is fully within RP scenario i did not kill them unjustly they murdered my friend in a car. Even if it was considered a rdm because of the scenario i believe (although biased because it is myself that was banned) that it would result in a note, potentially. Unless something needs to be clarified to me about certain situations if there is an action there is a reaction for said circumstances. This was not outside of RP. RDM which stands for Random Death Match. which i DID not commit. There was a killing of my friend who then the gentleman who drove the vehicle paid the price for with their lives. I would also like to inquire according to the MOD that banned me i have a "recent note" for RDM i would like to also figure out and address that because i don't shoot anyone unless its for good reason. I typically always try and treat mods with respect. Within the sit the Mod was also getting goaded to ban me and was giggling to himself as he did my ban. that i do have a clip of. Also the Gentleman who was in the sit then went ahead and started joking about meta-gaming with a situation that was not relevant. I also understand its a one day ban, but its less the ban its more the principle of the situation random death match is only for situations that are not warranted. i cannot read intent of the drivers of the vehicle. I can only react to the situation at hand.

I work hard to RP on the server and make it a fun experience for everyone because i enjoy the people in the server. I would not jeopardize that with just randomly killing people for fun. I wish i had a clip of the situation i thought it was just two minges so i didn't even bother.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/iePpYaLTUf-VNIq4l/d1337LP87JVg?invite=cr-MSw2MWwsMjI5NzcxNzc0LA

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

+1, witnessed them kill our friend via stolen cop car and then try to speed away, I could see how the passenger could complain but the driver killed our friend.

• Like 1

Banning admin here,

As I told you in the sit, there were 3 people on your side. Driver of the polish white car, guy who got "ran over" and you.

A polish white car slammed a cop car with 2 civilians in it, it seemed on purpose and it was their fault for hitting the cop car and slamming your friend in between the two cars.

This was all done in the road and was unintentional, but tldr: your friend caused your other friend to die, it was not the cop car driving by that killed him.

You then hesitated and waited for the cop car to drive away to shoot them even though they stopped and waited to see your response.

It was not VDM as it was not intentional, and was in a road, just unfortunate that your friend was standing in the middle of two cars, but also even more unfortunate that your OTHER friend, driving the polish car, all the sudden decided "hey lets ram this guy in between two cars".

You said multiple times in the sit that it WASNT roleplay for two civilians to be driving a cop car, but yes it is, they stole it. Then now you're saying its roleplay to shoot them for your friend in the white car to be slamming him? No, I don't think so. Vigilante roleplay does not exist on this server, you are not a cop, it is not your business to be helping PD retrieve their stolen vehicle by killing two men driving it.

• Disagree 1
17 minutes ago, anzati1 said:

Banning admin here,

As I told you in the sit, there were 3 people on your side. Driver of the polish white car, guy who got "ran over" and you.

A polish white car slammed a cop car with 2 civilians in it, it seemed on purpose and it was their fault for hitting the cop car and slamming your friend in between the two cars.

This was all done in the road and was unintentional, but tldr: your friend caused your other friend to die, it was not the cop car driving by that killed him.

You then hesitated and waited for the cop car to drive away to shoot them even though they stopped and waited to see your response.

It was not VDM as it was not intentional, and was in a road, just unfortunate that your friend was standing in the middle of two cars, but also even more unfortunate that your OTHER friend, driving the polish car, all the sudden decided "hey lets ram this guy in between two cars".

You said multiple times in the sit that it WASNT roleplay for two civilians to be driving a cop car, but yes it is, they stole it. Then now you're saying its roleplay to shoot them for your friend in the white car to be slamming him? No, I don't think so. Vigilante roleplay does not exist on this server, you are not a cop, it is not your business to be helping PD retrieve their stolen vehicle by killing two men driving it.

The guys in the polish car was not my friend he died. The person that died got run over by the white car then got finished off by the cop car They had also run over my clown friend there were three by-standards. I didn't know anyone in either vehicles the only reason there was a slow reaction is because i could not get my gun out in time. I once again state i cannot know the intent of someone else. they did not apologize or tried to get out and say sorry for running over your friend they just ran. This is not a RDM ban. I looked at my note for RDM it was a note for an accidental kill on someone we believed was a mugger.  If you read the notes which says apologetic, followed orders and is from over a month ago, instead of just saying "Yeah you have a note for recent RDM your getting slapped with a RDM buddy." First of all is unprofessional second you did no due diligence in said ban. You took them at face value did not consider the rules more and banned me because you were tired of hearing them in your ear.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tisdeeirish said:

The guys in the polish car was not my friend he died. The person that died got run over by the white car then got finished off by the cop car They had also run over my clown friend there were three by-standards. I didn't know anyone in either vehicles the only reason there was a slow reaction is because i could not get my gun out in time. I once again state i cannot know the intent of someone else. they did not apologize or tried to get out and say sorry for running over your friend they just ran. This is not a RDM ban. I looked at my note for RDM it was a note for an accidental kill on someone we believed was a mugger.  If you read the notes which says apologetic, followed orders and is from over a month ago, instead of just saying "Yeah you have a note for recent RDM your getting slapped with a RDM buddy." First of all is unprofessional second you did no due diligence in said ban. You took them at face value did not consider the rules more and banned me because you were tired of hearing them in your ear.

“Did not consider the rules”, if we read up on vdm, it says it’s basically based on INTENT, and if they’re in the road or not. Your friend was in the road and got ran over, like I said in the sit it was HIS FAULT for being ran over, therefore you cannot act on it. Apologetic or not, your notes still count as POs, if it was truly a mistake then you wouldn’t have the note in the first place, the reason for a ban and not a note was because how recent it was, you clearly did not learn from that last sit to read up on the rules so that’s why it’s a ban.

11 minutes ago, anzati1 said:

“Did not consider the rules”, if we read up on vdm, it says it’s basically based on INTENT, and if they’re in the road or not. Your friend was in the road and got ran over, like I said in the sit it was HIS FAULT for being ran over, therefore you cannot act on it. Apologetic or not, your notes still count as POs, if it was truly a mistake then you wouldn’t have the note in the first place, the reason for a ban and not a note was because how recent it was, you clearly did not learn from that last sit to read up on the rules so that’s why it’s a ban.

If you could link that rule and the phrasing your referencing, that would be highly appreciated. Otherwise that statement has no basis. I was not even aware of said note. Its not my fault that you didn't investigate a note and used it as a baseless ban.

I believe he is referencing the following rules:

1. Do not intentionally run over users for no valid reason, targeting people on sidewalks, cross walks or in traffic stops for no valid reason is VDM. If you accidently run someone over in the street it won't be considered VDM if the staff member deems the opposing party at fault. If you see someone in the street and intentionally aim to run them over or fail to attempt to avoid them it will be considered VDM regardless of them being in the street or not.
  1. You may not kill someone for hitting your vehicle with theirs, light bumps/small accidents are normal and can happen. However you may kill them if they continue to target your vehicle with theirs or ram you multiple times, intentionally attempting to swerve and hit you/your vehicle.

It sounds like you were a bit trigger happy on the kill, regardless the ban is now expired.