Ban Appeal

Your Character or Steam Name: Demarious "Black Power" Black

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:552404997

Your Discord ID#: alabaster_1

Reason for ban: RDM

Length of ban: 5 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I believe this RDM is just a misunderstanding. Leading Up to the RDM I was being contently Harassed and Threatened by the man in the Black and White mask (Monaclu). From my Point of view I was Killing the man in order to keep my respect and Integrity. Looking on it now I can see how this can be seen as RDM but I see it as a threat and a cause for action. The Officer kill can be seen as RDM as-well but I'm just trying to Kill someone with out a cop arresting me right after and holding me at gun point. It would be the most logical thing for a crime to kill the cop then his enemy. I'd like to note that this started from the Hood disliking/hating  James and Monaclus Dupe leading to the hood trying to kick them out Additional Information, When making tickets about the Dupe they said "You can burn it with a molotov"

Why should you be unbanned?
Going forward i will follow Killing rule 2 on Escalation more closely and believe this to be Staff baiting/Trolling
Additional Information (images, videos, etc):
Clip Showing the Dupe
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i7HdInPFllZOSRAB/d1337MZA9tdG?invite=cr-MSxkckksMjM0ODczMDkzLA

Clip Showing the Incident

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i7IaU9lL9NRwoxuox/d1337KBoED2P?invite=cr-MSxldHAsMTY2NzgwODMxLA
  • Like 2
  • Dumb 1

I was there for majority of the situation, the entire situation was them harassing us and refusing to leave. After meeting with a swing some guy who was in a corner starts blasting, hence the mass shooting. pretty unfair ban in my opinion. Reducing the ban would be fair too me

Edited by PrxttyLxcy_
Yes

I was there for a little bit of the situation. Monaclue and James would basically in my eyes try to get a reaction out of us (BPS members) Not RDM bait but just to make us mad. When we would get harassed we would tell them to leave us alone and if not they would be meet with a shovel swing. But the thing is when we did swing and hit monaclue or James they would have some random guy sitting in the background no part in the situation just shoot us (pretty sure it was shown in the clip) this to me seems like a fair unban appeal and I think both sides are in the wrong but really seems like shitty rp from monaclues end. I would feel like reducing this man’s ban is fair.

-Ak48

Hello, banning admin here

While the situation had many factors to the event leading up to where you ended up shooting the people that you did the fact of the matter is not following escalation rules and just flat out shooting someone whos only fault was saying words to you is still constituted as RDM no matter the reason. As you say you felt you were being targeted/harassed by a staff member ICLY that is a matter you have to take into a staff report ticket, if he was actively going out of his way to damage you or any other members of your group it would be more understandable as to why you shot him but all he ever directed towards you was generally just words. Even if you wanted to keep your integrity or dignity intact from the dissing he was doing towards your group general disrespect STILL is not a valid reason to kill someone. If escalation rules were followed, you gave him a real active physical threat and he did not follow your commands to leave after these threats, THEN you would have had valid reason to shoot him, anything outside that weather your side wins or loses is fair game.

Yes its annoying to have someone pursue and harass your group but as i said until the situation makes some sort of escalation from either side then the situation shouldn't escalate to just shooting them on sight with no warning, factions follow these same rules and there have been many situations where factions have gone face to face constantly disrespecting each other, planting flags/graffiti in each others territories, but never just flat out execution for these transgressions unless some sort of escalation was had, which i didn't find here. 

even if the cop would have shot/arrested you right then and there if you had followed escalation and threatened him with violence it still doesn't justify outright shooting both the cop and him to avoid being shot yourself,  in my eyes you could have waited until the cop left to press him or just carry on about your regular business inside the ghetto until the situation died down with the dupe outside as neither party would have been able to escalate with one another without the cop's intervention. 

As i said i have no say on any external factors from this such as any staff abuse/baiting and you have the full right to make a staff report for it but the facts still constitute RDM and i handled them as i would any other RDM sit and believe the punishment was justified 

• Helpful & Informative 1

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 2 days.

Edited by Boomroasted