Byte's Staff Application

In-Game Name(s): Arturo Velardi, Richard Long, Thomas Zaloa, Quintavius Octavius Dickman
Steam Name: Byte
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/paperbite/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59970810
Discord Username: paperbyte
When did you first join the server: 4/16/2024
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4w 21h 10m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 20-30 hours weekly
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  With the hours I am able to put in I far too often have seen slower server times where there is just no staff available to assist. I want to be able to ensure the community is still able to be assisted and flow smoothly in these times. Even during peak times with multiple staff, tickets still often get backed up and I want to assist in those times to make sure RP can be upkept. Also, to further get involved in the community and be apart of it's continued growth, especially with the influx of new and returning players coming with the map change. I have also enjoyed my time as staff for another community, and with now leaving that community I want to get involved in the same way again here.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  The biggest reasons i can bring forth to be considered over other candidates are both my extensive history with being staff for another community as well as my maturity that comes with being older than most members of the community. I have immeasurable experience with different types of players, sits, and investigations. This experience makes it very easy for me to handle the roughest of sits, angriest of players, and still ensure people are able to calm down enough to listen and I know when to just do what i have to if a situation has no way to be calmed down before staff action is needed. With me being older than most people in this community, and still playing this game I also am just able to keep a level head better than most. This nature allows me to handle the more complex situations with grace and makes the smaller tickets that much quicker to be taken care of.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Moderator to Elite Admin on and off over the course of seven years across multiple Icefuse Networks servers, Admin and Super Admin positions on smaller TTT communities too long ago to remember their names
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I want to push to get more well known outside of my faction and our allies, and I believe this would be a possible route to do so. I would think I carry the reputation as someone that is motivated and consistent from my time that I put into my main character. I believe others would think of me as too serious at times but fair and generous as well.
What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far?: As recent as it is, it would of been the night of map change. The city felt so alive, Rp was flourishing in every part of the city, and everyone just felt in higher spirits. You had cops doing RP with the governor around the mansion, sitting up road blocks and tours. You had Italians making Little Italy feel like an actual block in NYC with how busy it was and loud and just going out and speaking with each other. In China town you players opening a sushi shop, a beautiful underground restaurant. Even the ghetto was creating it's gangs and hierarchy. Everywhere you went, there was a funny or interesting bit of RP you could get involved with or to watch play out.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Daviss, Greenghost, JJ and adam
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: As someone that witnessed the situation I would first make a ticket and have a clip ready to provide evidence for another staff member to take it. If no other staff is available to take it after sometime, then I would go on duty and handle the situation myself.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would try to collect evidence first. Once collected, i would make the staff report or follow the proper chain of command to have it handled properly.
A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would not take the ticket as it would be a conflict of interest and there would definitely be a chance for bias involved.

Edited by Byte
  • Like 3

"Quintavius Octavius Dickman"

+1

• Like 1

+1 (He’s on the server so fucking much)

+1 good genuine guy, follows rules would be a good staff member

• Like 1

+1 would be a great staff member knows the rules well

+1 Good guy who follows the rules and plays consistently 

• Like 1

+1 Bro be grinding frfr

+1  he’s active I constantly see him on everyday. He’s a good dude. I think he would be a good staff member (can I get my money now please?) 

+1 never seen him handle a situation poorly, well experienced and incredibly active.

+1
Awesome guy and very dedicated to the server, would make a good staff member.

+1, I think I remember you a tad from Icefuse but if you made it to EA on one of there servers you will do plenty good here.

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.