Marlocks Staff Application

Steam Name: Marlock
In-Game Name(s): Darrelle "Big Dick" Dickson, Donnie Alonzo, and Kenny Cooper
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MarlockTheGreat/
Steam ID:76561198064436475
Discord Username: Marlock.
When did you first join the server? June 2023.
Total playtime on our servers (do!time in-game): 2W 7D 13H
Time Zone: Eastern Time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating? 4-5 hours
Have you read the rules? Yes.
Do you have a working microphone? Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Understood
Are you familiar with SAM and/or Nutscript commands? Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff? Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of five sentences minimum.

What is your motivation or reason for applying? After almost a year of playing on the server, I believe I have what it takes to be a quality staff member in the community. I have past experience being staff on multiple Garrys Mod servers, and I was very good at being efficient in moderating servers. My approach is always fair, and I always follow the server's rules and guidelines. My motivation is to promote immersion and to promise a fun experience to the fellow players of Diverge Networks.

Why should you be considered over other candidates? I am a bit older than most of the community, and I will bring a more mature approach to all issues regarding the server. I would consider myself fair and non-biased towards all tickets being submitted to me. This will be taken very seriously, and my goal is to help and improve the community's gameplay and overall experience for the players within the community.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long.) Yes, I was an admin on superior servers (StarwarsRP) for over 2 years with no issues. I put together server events and handled most of the ban tickets in a mature and professional manner. I have been in the Garrys mod community since 2009.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why? No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community? What's your reputation? What do other members think of you? Yes, I would consider myself a well-respected member of the community. I was a high command in two factions within the server, and I believe the community would tell you I did a good job at that. I'm calm and pretty mellow, and I never let my emotions get in the way of my decision-making.

What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far? My favorite moment would be when we did the July 4th event. We all had a big battle with muskets and swords, which was pretty fun. I would like to put together more server events like that. It brings the community together and raises the player count. I also very much enjoyed all the court cases I oversaw. The court system does a good job at making the overall court experience as realistic as possible, and I respect that.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail, step by step, exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs, and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this? I would contact another staff member on duty in DM's; if they are not available, I would quickly switch to my staff character and handle the situation the best I could. If it is a situation that needs to be handled by a higher-ranking staff member, I will take multiple notes on the situation and report it to a higher-ranking staff member as soon as possible. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do? I would clip or take pictures of them in the act and bring it up with a higher-ranking staff member and see how they wanted to handle the situation. Gathering valid evidence is very important when it comes to problems like this, and I will do my best to make sure everything is completely valid and fair.

A member of your faction or a friend of yours has a ticket made against them, accusing them of RDM’ing and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute a possible bias? I would request that the first party send me any kind of proof they can. All the rules apply to everyone. You will never see me have a biased approach to any situation within the server. Taking down all the proper evidence and lining it up with the server rules and guidelines will always be my main goal.

Edited by Marlock
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1 give em a try

Edited by Marzii
  • Dumb 2

There is only one distinguishing factor that I found causing me to lean to a -1 due to it either being you being mistaken or could be faulting. 

You say you have been an active member of the Gmod Community since 2009 and yet whenever you go to your Steam Profile it says you have only have Steam since 2012. Which begs to differ on your lapse of memory. 

Just my opinion.

• Dumb 1
12 minutes ago, Mr. Hashimoto said:

There is only one distinguishing factor that I found causing me to lean to a -1 due to it either being you being mistaken or could be faulting. 

You say you have been an active member of the Gmod Community since 2009 and yet whenever you go to your Steam Profile it says you have only have Steam since 2012. Which begs to differ on your lapse of memory. 

Just my opinion.

I had another steam account before this one in the past. I get what you mean though. 

+1 This guy is pretty mature and i think hed be good for staff

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Hashimoto said:

Just my opinion.

this is actually the worst reason I've ever heard for a -1

+1 big dick darelee a super cool guy, would be  a good staff

• Like 1

+1 good intentions always had by this man.

• Like 1

+1 Good application tbf

• Like 1

+1 Short but good

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever interacted with you but everyone deserves a chance. +1

• Like 1

Homie right here +1

Bro knows what hes doing, mature ash

Edited by Wojtek
  • Like 1

1+  ,Fix the height diff

• Like 1

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.

• Like 1