https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198367369589/

Your Discord ID#:
.rizo

Reason for ban:
RDM X2

Length of ban:
2 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):
I believe one of the murders was warranted and I was lied to by a staff member so that he could ban me.
What happened?

so I was minding my own business just trying to get a vehicle to drive around in well once I pulled my vehicle out and started to turn around to pull out of the parking lot this man comes out of nowhere and stands right in front of my car perfectly blocking me. in I even beeped the horn at him so I try slowly driving around him and he walks into my vehicle. I get out roleplaying the situation out and when the man I ran over stands up he has his fists out and as I am apologizing he pulls a pistol out and points it at my face . frightened I move away and some other guy ran him and his buddy over I knew it was his buddy because I asked who gave this nice young man a gun and this man had a huge shotgun on his back so if I retaliated in any way I would surely be murdered. so in my strike of genius while they were on the ground I took out my scorpion and pumped em full of lead. 

Why should you be unbanned?
the guy did point a gun at me get pulled to a sit after this getting told the guys gun was out when he got up witch is untrue via the pictures I have provided
Additional Information (images, videos, etc.):

rules that support me:

In regards to how a user is allowed to react to threats.
There are two types of threats, an 'Active Threat' and a 'Idle threat'. Users may kill for an active threat but they may not kill for an idle a threat.
The difference between the two is situational but will always pertain to if the person making the threats has a weapon in their hand.
For example, someone pointing a gun at you.

clip of the encounter :https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i1wxkaUurzKIImI-I/d1337FqRej46?invite=cr-MSw3S3osMTg2MTA5OTcwLA

clip of a moderator lying to me to get me banned: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i1wEzNwKj3QVfRrKS/d1337jOC6oWB?invite=cr-MSx2Z1UsMTg2MTA5OTcwLA

image.png.9449c37a20783c93a3d3fca5c0b96fd8.pngimage.png.d0a07828f49a89232f6c59d945fc372a.pngimage.png.e744c3b9e0e0dcbe33c481fae6720c06.png

Edited by Rizano
  • Like 3
  • Dumb 1

+1

+1 Did not deserve this

I will state, that you knowingly ran him over and the gun was pulled out automatically after he got up, and he automatically put it away. This is a very "grey area" ban though, and I will let this be submitted to a higher authority for decision.

• Dumb 2

do you not see the screenshots of him with his fists out?

Oof, actually. Looking at the clip they sent me (https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i1wxm61GcNCPsCgm6/mG64RbczeqEM?invite=cr-MSxIQjUsMTcxMDE5MDQ1LA?mobilebypass=true), it's very out of context. They cut off crucial context beforehand, and I didn't see you post the clip in game until I just now scrolled up in my logs to see you did post it. However, when you shot them they were no longer an active threat. Not only did the car negate any guns in their hands, but they put the guns away before being run over.

1. If the person with the weapon puts it away or turns his line of sight (Meaning the user has turned completely away and is not even slightly facing you. Usually an angle of larger than 90 degrees), fearRP becomes null and you may take the window of opportunity to retaliate with little to no risk. (Does not apply if multiple weapons are pointed at you)

i took my oppurtunity to retaliate

also very disrespectful to point a gun in someones face

• Agree 1

So I'm gonna describe what I see from a second opinion here, he walks in from of your car and stops you beep the horn and not a second late drive I to him (he didn't move into your car) you get out, he gets up pulls out a gun because when you are ran over it resets your ammo and takes it off safety, doesn't threaten other than maybe pointing at you however he puts the gun away and doesn't engage with you. He gets ran over and do does the shotgun guy you wait for them to get up killing the guy you ran over and the shotgun guy who never threatened you or even took his gun off his back. I do not see a real reason to kill especially the guy with the shotgun as he didn't even threaten you at all.

• Disagree 1
Posted (edited)

image.png.d424499265c1c4436a6bb82c553ec636.png 

I do acknowledge that I rdmd the shotgun guy and taking full punishment for that rdm would be fine but this man stood up with his fists out looking in a different direction after  I ran him over he then knowingly switchies to his gun after looking directly at me. he pulls his gun out points it directly at me . im thinking "OH SHIT this guys gonna shoot me which he had every right to" so my instinct is to retaliate 

If the person with the weapon puts it away or turns his line of sight (Meaning the user has turned completely away and is not even slightly facing you. Usually an angle of larger than 90 degrees), fearRP becomes null and you may take the window of opportunity to retaliate with little to no risk. (Does not apply if multiple weapons are pointed at you)

I'm citing this again just incase you didn't see it < 3image.thumb.png.a223bbdb37dffa0370778514b6ae9dbd.png

P.S

he even points it at me again once i move  out of the way.

Edited by Rizano

+1 this was good rp. In a criminal situation this would be warranted and accepted and it followed the rules. Maybe not the guy with the shotgun, but i do believe the ban should be repealed for good rp. Threatening situation handled appropriately well done!

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.

At the end of the day you did in fact rdm the shotgun guy.

Edited by Youbear
  • Dumb 1