Crime Suggestion (Chop Shop)

Hello All! 

Apologies if there is a format needed for this I couldn't find one, or if this has been posted before. However here we go:

With all of the cars flowing on the server (and most of them are drove around and then left unattended for long periods of time) I think some sort of chop shop/car scrapping crime racket would be super helpful in many ways. There is always pros and cons to these things so I wanted to just go over some stuff that this could entail: 

Pros:
- Less Unattended Cars (Could generate less lag/desync?)
- A new racket/crime that would not be the normal sit in a building and grind

- Could have the ability to wipe locks and resell cars at a cheap 1-time selling price for people (once its gone its gone for ever)

- Gives people more of an incentive to not just leave their cars everywhere and lock them

- Gives police an additional task to track down stolen cars?

- Could add different values for different cars 

- Maybe make an insurance system for cars that way people need to insure their cars for an extra fee (could help balance economy)

Cons:

- Could just spawn a car and scrap it (Maybe make a timer on spawning cars or remove the ability to scrap an owned car?)

- Would massively increase stealing cars (is this an awful thing?)

- I could see car jackings go wrong and might increase unnecessary gunfights

If you can think of any other pro/cons please feel free to leave them here. As always this is just a general idea that a couple of boys were talking about and not super in depth, but could be a fun/new way to add other crime methods that the stereotypes.

The core issue with this idea, as it's been suggested and explored in the past. Is that the server at full population has high car despawn times, making anything other than an active carjackings effectively impossible, as well just balance issues. Like you mentioned, simply spawning a car to scrap it, unnecessary penalization of car owners, periods with zero police on or even just having friends spawn their cars to then scrap and abuse for cash.

Just not a super feasible thing to implement imo.

• Helpful & Informative 1

I do like the idea a lot of another method of making money than sitting in a hotel room and sitting somewhere for 5 hours at a time to barely make a profit. But the idea seems it would take a lot and of course there are people that can RP this method and make a good living doing it correctly and when there are no staff @ 3am people do not want to play legit and want to get money the none grindy way sadly and it will be abused. I think selling cars would be cool but maybe once an hour or something because we have license plates but they're not used right now for anything really.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, this would be really fun. Just make it so you can't sell the same player's car and have a 30-minute cooldown for that player's car, and you can't sell your own car.

Edited by Gent
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be kind of cool but I think there needs to be things explored about this idea to stop certain things from taking place. Also I think cars should be made more of an actual posession and more valuable rather than just something you retrieve and spawn in anytime you want. Like, your car gets stolen, just retrieve it. Car gets blown up? Just respawn it. Huge crash that would most likely put you in the hospital if it we're to happen IRL? Just use some bandages and respawn the car. Like timers for spawning cars, insurance you have to pay if you damage your car and other stuff like that. It would be more of a hassle to deal with your car but I think more people would actual be careful with their cars. Also car maintenance RP would be awesome. Like instead of just using a repair tool on your car, go to a mechanic and have them fix it, or buy your own mechanic equipment and fix the car yourself for cheaper. Gas would be interesting too, having to stop to refill and stuff.