Demigod's Staff Application

Posted (edited)

In-Game Name(s): Giovanni Rizzuto & Michael Brown
Steam Name: DEMIGODD
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199180481261/
Steam ID: 76561199180481261
Discord Username: demig0dd
When did you first join the server: April 9th, 2024
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 6 Days, 22 Hours, 30 Minutes (as of making the application)
Time Zone: EST/EDT (USA)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 10-20 Hours a week
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I'm willing to learn and take help and advice from experienced staff members
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: * I want to be able to help more people out during the morning hours on weekends, and help people who seem to have problems with their tickets taking some time to be answered during peak hours. I also want to be more involved with the community in a positive manner, giving people a person to look to when they need help within the server. I also want to learn more about being staff within not only Gmod, but in video games as a whole, as I play games such as DayZ and Arma where server staff are implemented into the game occasionally as well, but I feel having Gmod (Especially Diverge) will give me more time, as from my experience, DayZ and Arma staff are a lot less involved with their players than Gmod server staff. Overall, I'm looking for a place to help get me the starting experience I'm looking for as staff, and to make a positive connection and aid in the community.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: * While I am new to being staff on Gmod (and all around) and could be used as a argument against me, I also believe that gives an opportunity to learn, and learn is what I am willing to do. I want to be able to take the experience here, if given the opportunity, to implement it into future servers, along with using it to make myself a better staff member myself, especially if I was to move up in positions in the future. This can also be an opportunity to see how another staff member trains, who may be new at training someone about the ins and outs of how to be a staff member, how to use commands, respond to situations, etc. I also am willing and eager to learn, and this will be a whole new experience for me, and I'm willing to capitalize on that and be ready to take advice and criticism from fellow staff members, and learn things from some of the more experienced members of the staff team.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: *  I wouldn't say I'm well known, but there are without a doubt some community members who know me. Being in a faction and regularly being online has helped members of my faction get to know me, and they have slowly started to introduce me to more members of the community, both new and old. The people who do know me though I believe would say I bring RP to the server to the best of my ability, and would talk about some of the poker games I have hosted to try and bring some people together for a good time. I also believe there would be maybe a few who would say I have leadership and management qualities. I would also say there's some people who would say that I take initiative where and when possible, Overall, I think whatever small impact I have had so far with this bright community would be described as a positive one by the people who have met me and played with me.
What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?: I think my favorite moment so far on Diverge has to be when I first started, on my first day. My soon to be Capo was disrespected right outside the door of our business, and after a minor verbal altercation, this guy punches my Capo. Naturally, he pulls out his handgun, and guns the poor soul down, right in cold blood. It was in that moment I realized that I was going to enjoy myself on this server, and I have ever since.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: @Noar
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:  Make a ticket about it like I would if I wasn't staff, or let the other staff know in some form of staff chat that it happened. If I try to hop onto my staff char and handle it on my own, the argument can be made that I have a bias towards the player who RDMed, and could make whatever form of puishment given revoked, meaning that player may just come right back and RDM again, and then requiring another staff action on something that could have been handled better if I didn't try to take the matter into my own hands, especially being one of the players killed from the RDM, which could be seen as biased and emotionally driven (EX I ban the player for 5 days, when someone else who wasn't involved in the matter would have maybe only done 1 day, it could be seen as emotionally driven because I was directly involved, and potentially upset)
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would either clip the abusing, especially if it happened multiple times (EX using a software such as Medal Tv to clip the incidents) and take it to a upper member of the staff team, along with the name of the abusing team member in question, and potentioally a clip including the team member in question's voice to help validate my claim. If I did not have a clip of the abusing member in question, I would still inform a higher up member of staff of what I saw, but explain I can't provide evidence because of whatever reason, but mention they may want to be warry of what the abusing member is doing (EX Hey Toast, I saw Lomac shoot a RPG into a crowd of people. I don't have a recording of it because my medal didn't save the clip, but you may want to check the logs or watch what he is doing, but I can't provide evidence at this time, but I wanted to tell you what I at least saw)
A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would ignore the ticket and let someone handle this who isn't a member of my faction or isn't friends with them. It can be seen as biased if the opposing party deems that the punishment given (if any at all) was unfair and unjust because I'm friends or in the same faction as the accused player, and they could report me to the forms network because of my potential bias. Therefor, it would be best to let another staff member handle the situation if at all possible to prevent the accusation on being biased to my friend/faction member. If this isn't possible due to high ticket numbers or low staff online at that time, I would do my best to listen to both sides of the story, gather evidence, and explain to both partys why I made the decision that I end up making, to try and show that I was being as fair as I could be with what evidence was provided to me.
---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Demigod
  • Like 1

Honestly, don’t know the guy too well but myself and @adam were chatting with him in game and he was talking about how he may apply and I encouraged him to as he seemed like a pretty respectful dude that isn’t a moron. A week of playtime without any notes or bans is a good sign in my eyes.

+1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
24 minutes ago, Seansx said:

Honestly, don’t know the guy too well but myself and @adam were chatting with him in game and he was talking about how he may apply and I encouraged him to as he seemed like a pretty respectful dude that isn’t a moron. A week of playtime without any notes or bans is a good sign in my eyes.

+1

thx for the kind words brodie

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.

• Like 1