Ban Appeal

Your Character or Steam Name: "Tones"

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):STEAM_0:0:49213019

Your Discord ID#:400811648799080458

Reason for ban: Mass Scaming/Metagame

Length of ban: 21 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Me and my friend honestly had no idea we couldn't scam people i'm sorry i don't wanna be banned for 21 days i offered to give the money back and the admin didn't want to do that. I understand the metagaming now though and it won't happen again I was just trying to help a friend out. We had been getting scammed all week and wanted to get some of the money back we didn't mean to break the rules im going to read them, again im sorry. To be fair though I never actually did any of the scamming I drove on one of the occasions and the other i didn't know about.

Why should you be unbanned? Maybe not even a unban just a shorting I wanna still play the game but i'm willing to accept a punishment.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

• Dumb 1

Your priors alone completely disprove you saying you had no idea what you were doing was wrong. After this many notes and bans the fact you haven't even glanced at the rules is honestly a huge red flag. I spent almost 30 minutes explaining to you the situation and yet you still don't seem to understand how what you did was wrong.
It was very clear through your mixed and convoluted stories that you were aware your friend was scamming and although you bullshitted that you didnt it wasnt hard to see you were lying.

Your mixed story that doesn't align with logs or make sense just proves your statements to be false. 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2d0XvR7Mtl7wzk/d1337Uw4SlHK?invite=cr-MSxBeEYsMTg4NDE1MjQs

Here is you trying to set people up through rumour for scams. 
image.thumb.png.f750bcd615d6b91baf064e694237cd9d.png
Below is your buddy trying to sell drugs that he didnt have while being in the car with you. 

image.thumb.png.113283861bcb6d34033205ff0b00f393.png
I'll add another post to this thread in a bit with more proof, respond to this for now with your rebuttals.

20240513201752_1.jpg

20240513201758_1.jpg

As the one that got your buddy PK'd and was there for him to be sent away, you definitely did not offer to give the money back. The actual exact situation was he tried to get Sean to "give him five minutes to say goodbye."(terrible attempt at item transferring) This was after he tried to deny anything happened and tried to play dumb. Let's not forget you were using these chars to scam people in your own chars faction. Enjoy the vacation!

• Helpful & Informative 1
  • Disagree 1

First of all "extensive priors" half of those are from 2022... and i just recently came back yes and am still learning the rules and yes i have read the rules its just as long as the bible tho and i cant memorize all of them and yes we did to the admin he said its not about the money i never scammed you and you're using something some else said to you respond to this when you almost have no real part in it and using it to have a biased against me im sorry your hurt by what he said and did but i never did anything to you

I'm still confused on how i scammed anyone and got banned for it i didn't take the money and still did not know he was scamming them he admitted that to you in the admin sit and you still disregarded it respectfully.

1 minute ago, Jacky said:

First of all "extensive priors" half of those are from 2022... and i just recently came back yes and am still learning the rules and yes i have read the rules its just as long as the bible tho and i cant memorize all of them and yes we did to the admin he said its not about the money i never scammed you and you're using something some else said to you respond to this when you almost have no real part in it and using it to have a biased against me im sorry your hurt by what he said and did but i never did anything to you

The translation of the Bible into English in the original King James Version in 1611 contained 788,280 words. The King James Bible we use today has 783,137 words. The New American Standard Version has 782,815 words, while the English Standard Version has 757,439 words.

Ah yes, the diverge ruleset is comparable to this length.

I mean come on dude, you assisted in both scams that were both fail and done immediately after each other ( on your friends character which was brand new, immediately put in a whitelist by one of your other characters, and then you swapped back to the original character from the first scam and started scamming with this guy ), the metagame is off the charts.

• Dumb 1

You should watch the clip so you realize how deft you sound. You admit in that clip you were there when your buddy got killed. You were there when he scammed me. I am directly involved this situation but keep dodging that your playing dumb act is hilariously bad.

1 minute ago, Jacky said:

I'm still confused on how i scammed anyone and got banned for it i didn't take the money and still did not know he was scamming them he admitted that to you in the admin sit and you still disregarded it respectfully.

As I explained to you formerly, you were the getaway drivers in both situation which you became through metagame, you admitted to being it in the first scam and it was very obvious you were in the second scam as well.

First off don't try to take a hyperbole in a literal sense and yes i did metagame sorta by putting him on a new char that's why i think the ban should be reduced? and responding to the other guy do you realize how butthurt you sound rn no i watched him die i didn't participate and that has been repeated. finally as i explained i wasn't in the first one which you do have a clip of him saying that and the second one he also told you he never told me about it i don't know why it's so hard to understand people sometimes set others up i don't know what else to say about that.

I was one of the people you scammed tonight. Frank specifically was the one who took my money and you were the getaway driver. I know this because I recognize the phone number you guys put down that's in an earlier screenshot in this thread. Your partner gets my money for drugs you both don't have, then as soon as I get into the car for the trade, you push me out and drive away. An instance I have clipped.

No big surprise this is how you've been getting away with it. Horrible behavior, that's money I can't get comped back to my knowledge. Players like you add nothing to the experience but annoyance. Good riddance.

• Dumb 1

First off I wanted to clear up that that hyperbole is honestly sound logic there is well over 15,000 words in the rules and respectfully im sorry you got scammed but if we are being honest that was completely allowed and all its gonna show is you getting robbed within the rules.

• Dumb 1
On 5/13/2024 at 11:13 PM, Jacky said:

First off I wanted to clear up that that hyperbole is honestly sound logic there is well over 15,000 words in the rules and respectfully im sorry you got scammed but if we are being honest that was completely allowed and all its gonna show is you getting robbed within the rules.

You still don’t understand that robbing and scamming people is allowed but not in the capacity that you guys were doing.

instantly scamming one person after another, immediately making a new character and whitelisting it on a faction to use rumor to find new scamming targets, consistently doing this adds nothing to the overall roleplay experience of the server, and is just you trying to abuse gameplay mechanics to get money.

• Dumb 1

We also were buying drugs and doing other things but it's going to be pointless to sit here and go back and forth but I never robbed anyone my self and only particepated (without being told) once so there is no way I could have massed mugged and that the part i think your so confused on. On top of that i've already said this but I do accept responsibility for whitelisting him and have said multiple times that I just am looking for a reduction in the ban. Let's also add you should post the clip from the full admin sit and the reason you won't will be because it's going to show the other guy I was there with say exactly what I just said and that I was only even really there for one that he never even told me about.

2 hours ago, Jacky said:

We also were buying drugs and doing other things but it's going to be pointless to sit here and go back and forth but I never robbed anyone my self and only particepated (without being told) once so there is no way I could have massed mugged and that the part i think your so confused on. On top of that i've already said this but I do accept responsibility for whitelisting him and have said multiple times that I just am looking for a reduction in the ban. Let's also add you should post the clip from the full admin sit and the reason you won't will be because it's going to show the other guy I was there with say exactly what I just said and that I was only even really there for one that he never even told me about.

The other clip has already been posted to staff and they have seen it, I believe it is bullshit that you didn’t know about the second scam since you literally watched him get out of the car, I believe say something along the lines of go quick I’ll be waiting here, then pull up, your friend got in the car, and you immediately sped away at max speed even cutting through city hall before I dragged you to a sit. You were the getaway driver and you are your friend are attempting to lie that you didn’t know.

Well I hate just repeating myself and sounding like a broken record and ok I understand how you feel, but you have such tunnel vision on just trying to get 2 easy bans that you can't even be in a position to make a fair ban because contrary to what you believe if you show the admin sit again he said I didn't know I told you I didn't know. I always drive like that i'm in citran I can fit through anywhere how are you going to base your ban on my driving even though you have proof of the other player in the sit telling you I didn't know and was never made aware.

2 hours ago, Jacky said:

Well I hate just repeating myself and sounding like a broken record and ok I understand how you feel, but you have such tunnel vision on just trying to get 2 easy bans that you can't even be in a position to make a fair ban because contrary to what you believe if you show the admin sit again he said I didn't know I told you I didn't know. I always drive like that i'm in citran I can fit through anywhere how are you going to base your ban on my driving even though you have proof of the other player in the sit telling you I didn't know and was never made aware.

Because he is your friend, you got banned together, so clearly he is trying to help you out and get you a lesser ban. It was incredibly obvious you were the getaway.

That has to be the worst argument ever we had the same story when you told us we were gonna get notes and he still said it. What is incredibly obvious you didn't properly assess the situation and can not come to terms with that and are in turn affecting myself you have every indication that I was not aware and you still are choosing to stand by your best guess of what happened and refuse to even think about the reality that I really didn't know what was happening. I am more confused on how you can not understand that I never scammed anyone myself and was not a getaway driver in the first situation. 

Posted (edited)

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 10 days.

Scamming at the rate you two were going was mass scale, but due to your notes/logs this should have been a firm warning.

Due to you admitting the metagaming I will reduce the ban, consider this a final warning on both infractions.

Please use the time left to review the rules here: https://divergenet.works/forum/8-rules/

Edited by caboose
added time/my thoughts
  • Like 1