Tyler Crum

Posted (edited)

Name of Character: Tyler Crum

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:226735551

Your Discord ID#:378669470245453835

Date of PK:5/10/24

Reason for PK: Cops did an illegal raid on motel room 10 a seller walked out of the room all I heard was hands up hands up thought there was a mugging going on because the guy ran to the door opened the door and ran out of the doorway said hands up hands up to me I already had my gun out during the entire deal I immediately went to the corner never heard the guy say "there's drugs" and I certainly never heard them identify themselves as officers ingame nor in the clip I didnt know they were cops so I started shooting and died.

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: I should be unPK'd because we werent in the room for more than 2m I sincerely doubt there was a snitch due to that fact so it was an unlawful raid 2. They never identified themselves so I didnt know they were cops had I known they were cops I wouldve put my gun away and never tried shooting. 3. I had my gun out the entire time so even if this was a mugging FearRP wouldnt apply since i had the gun out the entire time. In the clip you see me with my gun already out again they never announced themselves.

EDIT: They announced NYPD after they already gunned me down.
They pulled up immediately no 911 call from my knowledge and no warrant to my knowledge as well and I know they didnt see the drugs because the lights were off and in the clip you see none of them saw drugs until in the room

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2co7PeO4r2JjrH/nBnwY0IYhrVv?invite=cr-MSxHOGwsMTE3ODYxNDIs?mobilebypass=true

Edited by Dustin Hart
Correction on my behalf

I'm the administrator who dealt with your PK. If you felt like the raid on your morel room was illegal, there's different legal routes you could've taken to resolve the situation. You could've made an IA report on the officers involved. You could've sued the nypd or something else. Instead, you chose to go gung-ho and ended up paying the price for opening fire on the cops.

They never mentioned NYPD until after I was dead I thought it was a mug cause again plain clothes

2 minutes ago, Dustin Hart said:

They never mentioned NYPD until after I was ,  thought it was a mug cause again plain clothes

They're detectives. They're always in plain clothes. They have badges on for a reason. Maybe in the future you could resolve it without opening fire.

He never identified himself it was dark pitch black I could not see any badges 
I thought I was being mugged I already had my gun out at that point its me or them like what youre not listening to any reason lol

Rewatching the clip the first officer JUMPS IN THE ROOM therefore I couldnt even see his badge if I wanted to!

+1, due to lack of ability to identify police, PKs should be reversed.

+1, The officer jumped into the room and shot him without identifying himself at all.

2332121213.png

2 minutes ago, JustCole2 said:

+1, The officer jumped into the room and shot him without identifying himself at all.

2332121213.png

If you have a clip from this perspective then please share it.

+1 Why were they even raiding in the first place? From the clip, there wasn't a 911 call; they didn't have a warrant since nothing was logged in the court channel. They just kinda decided, let's raid this building. There wasn't even probable cause. They just drove up and started shooting. There wasn't an announcement from NYPD. I get that they were detective, but regardless, every cop is supposed to announce NYPD if they enter a building. Also, any person who is a LICENSED firearm would defend their property/self irrespective of whether it was a drug deal or not.

It's uploading to youtube

The video is zoomed in and has no audio. Surely you have a clip with audio at least?

Posted (edited)

I had no audio enabled on accident I use obs & my res was messed up.

you can link this audio with what happened and see how it goes. 
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2co7PeO4r2JjrH/nBnwY0IYhrVv?invite=cr-MSxHOGwsMTE3ODYxNDIs?mobilebypass=true

Edited by JustCole2

Police cannot raid without a warrant
 -Exceptions apply if they have witnessed a severe felony, or someone is in distress, then they may use probable cause beyond a reasonable doubt to raid. 

Police may search a residence if they have probable cause. If you believe the police did not have probable cause to search a residence then it's something that is handled in character through formal reports or through courts. The Police claim they raided the group at the motel after witnessing them dropping drugs through an open window in plain view all the way from the gas station. This would satisfy probable cause to raid the room without a warrant. 

In this appeal you claim

1 hour ago, Dustin Hart said:

ran out of the doorway said hands up hands up to me I already had my gun out during the entire deal

However in the clip you provided and the Officer's Clip it's clear you only unholstered your weapon once the Officers made entry.

image.png.b049f72cfc94c4ece7fdf997cb869fd9.pngimage.png.8f80396b6509a559f2416707a882bdf5.pngimage.png.9b4d56fe4eada4b28454a816c7cda477.png

Considering your position at the door and sight line of the Police, their orders to surrender as they made entry and the other individual in the room being wise enough to surrender you taking out your weapon and opening fire was an intentional decision which would have consequences, whether these were cops or muggers alike.

It's for these reasons I will be upholding the initial PK decision.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.

• Like 1