PK Appeal Dustin Hart character

Posted (edited)

Name of Character: Dustin Hart

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:226735551

Your Discord ID#: mr.hart

Date of PK:5/7/24

Reason for PK: Me and an associate were mugging a guy during a cocaine deal and he roleplay searched him for weapons wires the sorts and he said he had none

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: My friend checked him for weapons wires like I said above all the sorts the guy said he had nothing so since me and my friend were new to the server and had no idea that it wasnt valid roleplay even though it makes no sense we merely patted him down to see if he had weapons and if we could mug him common sense easy pickings but he powergamed by saying he didnt have a weapon we never forced him to do anything we merely patted him to see if he had a weapon if this is a genuine roleplay scenario you could feel the big ass butcher knife he had in his pants jacket whatever like if this is genuine 1980s rp you should be able to check for weapons via roleplay because theres meetings between organizations and people get frisked you feel for weapons and a big ass butcher knife isnt a weapon you easily hide its not like we were just trying to take his weapons or items or restrain him we just wanted to know if he had weapons via frisk I think that its dumb that I have to check for items via a function no new players ever know about until its too late I am willing to take a FailRP warning or something but this is setting me back a week over something no new player could know about I didnt even know you could use C on players until the moderator explained it from what I've heard it is not in the rules that you cannot do a roleplay search for weapons and that you are mandatory to request a inventory search the guy because again we werent forcing anything we already had the money he already gave my associate the money I just came in said hey it was a mugging so the associate could leave with the money there was no forcing of any kind. For rules violated I dont know the rules I was learning as I go and listening to the people I was with and their experience. Even then why the fuck did the other guy not get PK'd still dont understand

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: 
https://imgur.com/a/STZV2As

I don't have a clip from the guy we mugged or other guy who ended up killing the guy who stabbed me 

Edited by Dustin Hart
Posted (edited)

Hello there, pking admin here, the reason you were pked was because you died during mugging someone.

The person you mugged retaliated the mug and managed to kill you both.

In the sit, and in the appeal, you talk about power gaming yet talked about your friend being a rule junkie. (Don't mean it offensively, just that he should know the rules too)

Mugging Rule 6 b)

You may only kill the victim if they DO NOT comply with your demands. Victims that comply are to be left unharmed. -Likewise you may only make realistic demands, this means you can’t demand something unrealistic that the victim cannot deliver in order to kill them. -This includes asking them to drop sums of cash they don't have, or ordering them to drop items from their inventory, as the mugger you are responsible for bringing the necessary restraints to steal items with. Forcing users to drop clothes/items because you're unable to tie them is not pk'able

This rule here, clearly states that you as the muggers need to bring your own equipment to continue a mugging to retrieve the belongings.

I explained to your during the sit that the reason it is not power gaming, is because of game mechanics. Mugging is a serious thing in the server and has many consequences. You and your friend, not only did not have any restraints, but did not figure out game mechanics before trying it. This is where mugging rule 6 b) is in play (shown above).

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2bRhH2qvhgwdQB/mjQ6HIhoEflC?invite=cr-MSxYV0UsMjA1Njc4NDg3LA

Here is the clip if you're curious or want to re-watch. 3rd guy was uninvolved because the second the muggee killed both of you, the fearrp dropped because the knife was up, and the shotgun was up. 3rd guy was uninvolved, got a metagame warn, and sent on his way. OTHERWISE, if 3rd guy was involved at the start of the mugging, the muggee, would've been pked.

(If you aren't aware, the admin who approved the PK must reply with a full explanation as to why and how it was approved so that a higher staff member can approve/deny your pk appeal.)

Edited by anzati1
  • Disagree 1

We werent attempting to retrieve any belongings we just wanted to know if he had weapons if he didnt we wouldve done what we did but more smoothly I understand its game mechanics but we're new had no idea about those i would like to atl b cut a lil slack given 1 more chance with this character before I have to spend a week on a new one and these in game functions should be apart of a guide if they are not already to let newer players know

4 hours ago, Dustin Hart said:

We werent attempting to retrieve any belongings we just wanted to know if he had weapons if he didnt we wouldve done what we did but more smoothly I understand its game mechanics but we're new had no idea about those i would like to atl b cut a lil slack given 1 more chance with this character before I have to spend a week on a new one and these in game functions should be apart of a guide if they are not already to let newer players know

"Reason for PK: Me and an associate were mugging a guy during a cocaine deal and he roleplay searched him for weapons wires the sorts and he said he had none"

if you weren't trying to take things then why was you mugging him?

2 hours ago, Logan said:

"Reason for PK: Me and an associate were mugging a guy during a cocaine deal and he roleplay searched him for weapons wires the sorts and he said he had none"

if you weren't trying to take things then why was you mugging him?

He means he wasn't trying to take weapons when he patted him down...

You didn't have the right equipment by the look of it. Instead of trying to pat him down for weapons, you could've just mugged him and searched him for weapons. Your /me kinda reads funny too. 

It's clear your intent as you state in the ticket 'me and an associate were mugging a guy'. Some could argue that by YOU patting him down for weapons, could be seen as powergaming, especially if you did not /roll for it, making the powergame argument irrelevant. Furthermore there is a plethora of rules and guides on game functions. Claiming ignorance of rules or game function is not a valid excuse, in the future come prepared or at least shoot the coked out guy with the knife.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.