Appeal

Your Character or Steam Name: Big Jimmy

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): 76561198135447184

Your Discord ID#: jolteon69

Reason for ban: MassRDM

Length of ban: 3 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I don't believe it was Mass RDM, I was robbing a place with my fellow gang members. Tried to bribe the entrance, they took my money and then pulled a gun on me, refused. So I shot him in the face, and a fellow member of their Mob showed up. So we shot them too, then we saw another person, assumed they were with them, shot them. Then picklocked a door. Before I was promptly teleported into an admin sit by Adam, called "Nigger" around 30 times. Asked what I did wrong, got told "You know what you did." Then banned.

Why should you be unbanned?
I was unjustly banned.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Absolutely none, It all happened so fast I wasn't able to get any of it. I read the raiding rules, and killing rules, I think there's a case that I broke maybe one of them for the third person, but I believe all, if not most of the kills were justified, the last one could be a spur of the moment accidental rulebreak. But It definitely wasn't MassRDM

Hello! Banning staff member here. You were banned because you shot up the Le Grande. From the clip I was shown, you were standing outside the place and harassing them. You were told to leave, which you did. You then stood on the sidewalk and continued to try and talk with them, which is when a higher up showed up. You then walked away, pulled out a gun, and shot 3 people. None of which were an active threat. I told you it was MassRDM as you had killed three people, none of them being active threats. I then pointed you in the direction of the rules, and told you to read them while you were banned. I didn't once call you a nigger, as slinging slurs during a staff sit doesn't get me anywhere. Also, care to explain why you're lying on your appeal? You've never touched a lockpick at all, so unsure why you included that. Have a great day!

image.thumb.png.c10132201ad4e3957c37cfaf20ddc553.png

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Hello! Banning staff member here. You were banned because you shot up the Le Grande. From the clip I was shown, you were standing outside the place and harassing them. You were told to leave, which you did. You then stood on the sidewalk and continued to try and talk with them, which is when a higher up showed up. You then walked away, pulled out a gun, and shot 3 people. None of which were an active threat. I told you it was MassRDM as you had killed three people, none of them being active threats. I then pointed you in the direction of the rules, and told you to read them while you were banned. I didn't once call you a nigger, as slinging slurs during a staff sit doesn't get me anywhere. Also, care to explain why you're lying on your appeal? You've never touched a lockpick at all, so unsure why you included that. Have a great day!

Reply here, Hello! Adam. I appreciate you taking your time for this appeal. I had a gun pointed at me and my associates multiple times, as to which those people I shot robbed me! I also wasn't the one lockpicking Jerald Juggergyat did the lockpicking as I covered him with fire. We went to that building with the plan to rob and raid it. Also, I don't appreciate you lying about calling me slurs when you in fact did. Of course neither of us have proof, and even if you did. You definitely wouldn't show it. Two of those people were infact active threats, and I asked them for my money back around three times, as to which I was told I would be shot and killed if I didn't leave.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

image.thumb.png.c10132201ad4e3957c37cfaf20ddc553.png

5 minutes ago, Big Jimmy said:

Reply here, Hello! Adam. I appreciate you taking your time for this appeal. I had a gun pointed at me and my associates multiple times, as to which those people I shot robbed me! I also wasn't the one lockpicking Jerald Juggergyat did the lockpicking as I covered him with fire. We went to that building with the plan to rob and raid it. Also, I don't appreciate you lying about calling me slurs when you in fact did. Of course neither of us have proof, and even if you did. You definitely wouldn't show it. Two of those people were infact active threats, and I asked them for my money back around three times, as to which I was told I would be shot and killed if I didn't leave.

https://streamable.com/188cto 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Yes, I took distance to safely pull out my firearm, and shot the two of them. Which prior pointed guns, and robbed us of $500. I don't see what the clip is to prove other than I killed them, which I happily admit I did for valid reason.

Just now, Big Jimmy said:

Yes, I took distance to safely pull out my firearm, and shot the two of them. Which prior pointed guns, and robbed us of $500. I don't see what the clip is to prove other than I killed them, which I happily admit I did for valid reason.

I would like to note, we were robbing/raiding the place, those individuals had pointed guns at us seconds before that clip, and also stole $500. In a dog eat dog world which is the two rival mobs. I couldn't see how that isn't seen as a fair reason to kill somebody. Especially seeing as the two of them were part of the same mob, had firearms, and visibly threatened us. That reason we were there was also us scouting the area so we could raid it, which we did after killing them! If you want to point out the part that's wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. But from my logic and point of view I shouldn't have been banned, and perhaps if I got to argue my point I wouldn't have. But of course you and your friends found it more appropriate to hurl slurs.

3 minutes ago, Big Jimmy said:

I would like to note, we were robbing/raiding the place, those individuals had pointed guns at us seconds before that clip, and also stole $500. In a dog eat dog world which is the two rival mobs. I couldn't see how that isn't seen as a fair reason to kill somebody. Especially seeing as the two of them were part of the same mob, had firearms, and visibly threatened us. That reason we were there was also us scouting the area so we could raid it, which we did after killing them! If you want to point out the part that's wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. But from my logic and point of view I shouldn't have been banned, and perhaps if I got to argue my point I wouldn't have. But of course you and your friends found it more appropriate to hurl slurs.

Okay, so you're wrong on all fronts here. I dislike 2/3 of those people, and the 3rd I've had little to no interaction with. I'm done replying to you, have a great day! 

Attached link is the full 2 minutes leading up to their deaths. 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29WDjWR5LM9SjK/XQ2q2376nlji?invite=cr-MSxBSTYsMjAwNDU4NDEyLA?mobilebypass=true

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Okay, so you're wrong on all fronts here. I dislike 2/3 of those people, and the 3rd I've had little to no interaction with. I'm done replying to you, have a great day! 

Attached link is the full 2 minutes leading up to their deaths. 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/29WDjWR5LM9SjK/XQ2q2376nlji?invite=cr-MSxBSTYsMjAwNDU4NDEyLA?mobilebypass=true

I thoroughly watched the clipped, shows him threatening with a gun through the wall, and even prior to that he pointed a gun at me directly when I was inside, it was a prolonged interaction. It also shows me asking for the money back, me saying "You can keep it" is because said individual had a firearm, and a confrontation in that moment would not have been favorable, and may have lead to my death. Also, I can't  comment on the validity of you liking or disliking those people, but you were laughing with them, talking about OOC related things on the discord. Which doesn't seem like a disapproval for someone. But I can't actually be correct on that, It seemed that way, and the way you threw slurs, and insults at me with the rest of them just gave that implication.

tl;dr: I watched the clip, he threatened with the gun, showed me in the clip asking for the money back, being forced out. Returning with a firearm, and killing the two rival mobsters. There's even more before that, but even from that I believe those killings were justified. Which mind you the point of that visit was to raid the place, which is why we tried bribing him in the first place.

We need input of another admin for this to be truly resolved.

Okay, I've reviewed the clips here and there's a few things that I've noted.

There is no clear evidence at all that they 'threatened you with a gun', except for the part where he flashes it through the window... but the gun is on safety. This means that he isn't an active threat. This leads me to believe that the time BEFORE the clip, the gun was also on safety (although there is obviously no evidence of this). 

You also say to them that they can keep the money, then ask for it back, I get that you were trying to case the place.

It's quite clear that you maybe need to learn the difference between an active and inactive threat. As you were banned literally yesterday for NLR and Minge behaviour, I'm going to deny this. Use this time to read the rules on killing.

• Like 1

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules.