whisper on radio

add in a /rw and /radiow feature so you can whisper on the radio.

thank you 

- mards/mayor davis/grandmaster kenshi

• Helpful & Informative 2

I mean it'd be a bit silly, realistically everyone around you should hear everything said on your radio by other people anyway.

Not against this as I actually would like it but it is a bit silly at the same time.

Semi Related Note:

More importantly, names should show as unknown over the radio unless you have their recognition.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, KingJewMonaclu said:

I mean it'd be a bit silly, realistically everyone around you should hear everything said on your radio by other people anyway.

not if I whisper into my radio

Get those walkman headphones plugged into your walkie

I like the concept of it, but I actually think it's a good balancing act from a gameplay perspective.

In whispering, you gain the versatility of saying things in front of people without them knowing exactly what you're saying. It's an added layer to the learned languages and it makes sense because you're right next to the player.

In using the radio, you gain the versatility of saying things to a massive amount of select people at any given time. However, to balance out this powerful shouting moment, you can't conceal your message. It makes you need to choose your moment to access your radio instead of immediately going to the device to light the beacons if you see something and need to lay low.

At least that's my piece on it.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 this is needed, not only is it a massive QOL update, its a very common practice for people around you to hear the radio to meta your name though it, not very fun when i get name dropped bcc i use /r!