Cooper's Ban Appeal

MerianCooper

Your Character or Steam Name: Cooper  https://steamcommunity.com/id/76574784057432423/.

Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:530878929

Your Discord ID#: 671170912241975317 | cooper._.1072

Reason for ban: Global Rules.

Length of ban: Permanent.

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): apology.

Why should you be unbanned? I have not played diverge in a while, and I recently came back across it and remembered all the good times I once had, I went to join and I was banned. I sat there wondering for a bit then I realized it was most likely because of one of my old friends servers that he invited me into and I joined thinking nothing of it. Then after asking one of my current friends why he was banned because he said that there was stolen assets in that server, I was not aware of this at the time. I was told every file in that server came from a store preset called the "Mafia RP Preset" he sent me a link and I looked and it said "Mafia RP Preset" I thought nothing of it and played the server, after playing for a few days I realized how bad and shitty it was. It was like a really bad ripoff of diverge. That was probably the one of one, worst servers I have ever played on gmod. I am very sorry for my actions and now I realize that I should not trust everyone I meet, this was a very stupid mistake that would have been easily avoided if I was a little smarter and more dillegent. I would love another chance to come back and play with my friends and bond over this server again. Thank you for considering my appeal!

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Banned from all discords & in game.
image.png.3b9b80d133c0dc949210f25ffb63ebc3.png
  • Like 1

Were you a staff member or owner / creator of this 'server' and the stolen files?

9 minutes ago, Canadian-bacon said:

Were you a staff member or owner / creator of this 'server' and the stolen files?

I was not a staff member from my reelection, and if I was I left 2 days into the server anyways, and after I asked my friend he said it was clothes that were stolen.

Honesty is a virtue Cooper

1 minute ago, Canadian-bacon said:

Honesty is a virtue Cooper

I have no reason to lie, I am the one trying to get unbanned, that server was and is so irrelevant I only remember the name. I may be forgetting something, there is a high likely hood I am, but I am basing my responses of what I am remembering, if you want we can get into a vc and discuss this further.

Just want honesty !

image.png.ff24834c96c87ba0dc3f7ce00d8fef38.png

• Funny 1

As much as I want to say yes to a second chance, Canadian is not stupid, and the proof is in the pudding.

You hold an integral role in that other server. While global rules do not directly talk about the punishments for running a rival Mafia server, it's the principle behind it that you would go and attempt to start up your own server. On top of that, you were running the server only a couple of months ago.

Unless you have dementia, 8 months is not long enough to forget what you did on a server like that.