Will the devs actually try to fix/improve the in-game pager system so more people use it? Might as well remove it entirely if little to no people are even interacting with it the majority of the time.

Few reasons for this.
A. "Pager" is basically used to refer to Discord cuz theres no reason to bother using it cause to some, it seems highly redundant and 1980s actaually had a Bulletin Board System, as Well as Usenet, so while technically not discord, message boards did exist in the 80s.
B. The pager system could really use a "copy to clipboard" or "type out pager information" button like the phone has.
C. The pager system in general kinda needs a refreshment/overhaul, cause from what I can tell, nobody ever uses it except for maybe 1, 2 emails between future contacts every now and then.
D. Extra: I understand the "deafen in discord" rule when being mugged, but a trade deal? Wouldint it make the deal/trade itself more efficent and streamlined, plus it could be the temporary member system Discord ALREADY HAS? They join, join a vc, do the deal, it happens in-game, then they leave the discord server, badda bing badda boom, shit gets done.
(Extra aside, this issue also exists with the underground rumors chat. Make an ad for your drugs and shit? 50% of the time, nothing happens, you just wasted 100 dollars on it, and nobody responds because "police could be listening in/nobody trusts it" despite police never having access to it anyway unless they bug a brick phone which gets swapped after the 2nd weak, dropped in the ocean somewhere, and nobody would realistically grab it because its a burner phone. The other 50% is full of that chat calling you/others "feds" aka rats for no apparent reason. Honestly, if the only way cops can find out is bugging a phone via unscrewing one of the ends, putting in a bug, then screwing it back on (which could probably be noticed after a while or the phone would be chucked anyways because you're replacing them every 2 weeks as a security measure, or even shaking the phone/trying to find it), then listening in, and the radio issue is fixed by changing frequencies, why do people not trust rumor chat nearly at all? Are cops just always listening in 24/7?? This the 1984 novel??spacer.png

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

suggestion onto what he said.

make em explosives

• Funny 1

The Reason why people do less and less deals via rumour is that there was the increase of undercover cops. Every faction (i hope) has clearly warned their associates in IC channels. People gain and lose their connections over and over again and it's a cycle. They share their connections because a dealer would do this in real life aswell. Why would you go on the darkweb and call a random number you don't know, when your local guy takes a bit of time but he is a trustable source.

And yes the pager system doesnt really work or is not even used at all. But it's on the users who share their discords to keep everything on discord OOC and in the server via Radio's and Phones / VC/Chat in character.

• Agree 1

I agree an update to the in game pager would be nice.. But bro, you're just asking to metagame when doing deals. Not everything is supposed to be easy or streamlined. There's supposed to be risk to selling drugs. Also, cops can get access to rumours a lot easier than whatever method you were told. You're not supposed to feel safe when going to a drug deal with a stranger. Just take the proper precautions.

• Agree 1
17 hours ago, Unsatisfied said:

I agree an update to the in game pager would be nice.. But bro, you're just asking to metagame when doing deals. Not everything is supposed to be easy or streamlined. There's supposed to be risk to selling drugs. Also, cops can get access to rumours a lot easier than whatever method you were told. You're not supposed to feel safe when going to a drug deal with a stranger. Just take the proper precautions.

i agree with this completely, really valid points. i also agree with Dutch when he said “it's on the users who share their discords to keep everything on discord OOC and in the server via Radio's and Phones / VC/Chat in character.“

the potential and idea behind the pager is great, but there are just way more reasons not to update it than to update it and cause metagame. there’s already enough risk using discord because some people may decide not to use it as intended which could have consequences if caught. why add another item or update to an item that would create just another way to break the rules?

im sure an important goal of the owner and staff/devs is to keep players coming back. making these kinds of changes to the pager would not help that.

i agree with your reason letter B, and maybe other small changes/upgrades too, but nothing more than whats necessary and realistic.

Edited by poco
1 hour ago, anzati1 said:

fuck man, might aswell right the whole suggestion in the title

write*😛