Manny's Staff App

Manny

Manny's Staff Application

In-Game Name: Matt Manchester (Manny)

Steam Name: NotMatt

Steam Profile Linkhttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198353986870/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196860571

Discord Username: Merlinator0507

When did you first join the server: I first joined the server about 1-2 years ago (when there were still doctors you could play as). Never got big into the game. I left and came back recently and just absolutely loved what the owner did with the server.

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 20h and 20m

Time Zone: MST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 8-12 hours. I am IRL Law Enforcement and don't have a bunch of time.

Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do have a mic

Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes, I acknowledge

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am familiarized with Nutscript Commands. I was a staff member for 2 1942rp servers.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I understand
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I am applying for a staff position because I enjoy it. I have been staff on and off for years on varies servers(most recently nutscript 1942rp). It is a hobby and a passion of mine to help and see people and things grow. I feel like if I were on the staff team, I could see those same said things thrive. I would love to help the server grow. This could help with the player base's RP experience and have them enjoy the server more.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I feel that everyone should have a chance. Everyone has the potential to help the community grow! I feel that I do have the experience that the server staff team could use because of my experience on other servers. This could be of use when being able to quickly learn how the staff team operates instead of focusing on how to work the commands. I could jump right into taking tickets with the knowledge I already have. With my job in Law Enforcement, I would be very firm with what I do. I would have confidence with any decision that is being made while remaining unbiased.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes, I was a staff member with Prometheus 1942RP and a server I can't remember the name of. I was staff on Prometheus for a around 2 weeks before getting removed for having an inappropriately names character that I created before I became staff. I apologized to owner himself and asked to be reinstated as a moderator to which the owner never responded after reading my message. I left the server about a year after the incident due to not liking the way the server was going. Honesty is my best policy because if there is a lie, there is no trust.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I don't recall ever being banned(not saying it hasn't happened). But I may have a warning but I am not sure.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I wouldn't say I am well known. I am apart of a crime family so I do know a few people. I am currently trying to put as much time into the server as possible and build my new character up. I would absolutely know more people if I had more time because of my social personality. I will absolutely know more people by the end of next weekend.

What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?: My favorite moment so far on the server is the actual family feeling that you get. Being apart of the crime family is the best part of the server. Everyone wants to help you and see you grow with them. It's an actual brotherhood that you can see and feel. That to me is the best part of any server you join. This is the only server I have ever actually seen it.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No recommendations. I haven't really talked to many staff except for JJ when we played Scribl.io with our group.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would personally gather evidence and call another staff member to assist. I would hand over any evidence and act as if I was any other person calling a staff sit. This would help with remaining unbiased in the situation.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:I would gather evidence and make a report to the immediate higher rank to them. Any abuse of power is not allowed and they would be swiftly removed from their position.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would try to have another staff member accept the sit. If no other staff member was available, I would except the sit and go on fact based evidence only. It could constitute possible bias depending on the person. That's why I have a strict policy of honestly and being unbiased while remaining blunt and relying on fact rather than something that was said.
---------------------------------------------------------

spacer.png

• Like 1

Didnt even have to read it. Posted a cat photo.

+1

• Like 1

-1 bro hasn't even played for a day

-1 er... 20 hours, sorry brodie, but you have a edge on everyone else.. cat

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Super Administrator or higher.