Gelato's PK appeal

Gelato

Name of Character: Jeddie Bashabich

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11101

Your Discord ID#: miisf1t

Date of PK: 9-4-2024

Reason for PK: Killed by the cops

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: 

I believe kill baiting me was involved. I also believe that their reasoning to search me was invalidated and they overall had no reason to suspect me yet forced me into an interaction anyways at 3-4 AM. 

Me and Chelsea Moore were running from the area where a black man with a white shirt ran down near where the Hardware store is, because someone opened fire on him. We both run up to tell the cops people were shooting at each other down that way and they run to go take care of it. I continue to chill outside of my job when they approach me to ask a few questions, like if I have a gun license or if I have a gun on me right now. I tell them no and that I'm just finishing my shift until I leave for the night. They say alright and leave me be for about 30 minutes. I'm talking to a buddy of mine when they rush back up to me, saying that my ID is not registered for a firearm, which I told them that it wasn't originally. 

I asked why I was being detained and they couldn't give any valid reasoning or suspicion, but told me I was being detained for not having a registered gun license, even though I had already told them that, and they had never seen any shooters, or me with a gun. But they still detained me and attempted to arrest and search me.

I had a gun on me though, and My char was already a registered Felon so I was afraid I'd get sentenced over 45 years at 3AM and face a PK for that over an unjustified search on my person for a crime they didn't even see. 

I believe it's kill baiting because I had originally told them I had no gun or no license, and they said I was free to go, yet they come back 30 minutes later saying they scanned my ID and I wasn't registered so they're going to arrest me...? the whole situation felt unjustified and artificial. 

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: I don't have any recordings of the situation, And I'd like to ask that any clip the police provide start from the beginning of the interaction to the end, to show how long time has passed since I was originally let go before being detained again. I do not feel like this death is fair in anyway because there was no reasoning to come at me twice within a 30 minute time frame for the same crime.

You may not bait someone into a PK. This means that starting a confrontation in order to escalate it then use that as a reason to PK someone, this is not permitted. This includes mugging or kidnapping to abuse Fear RP PKs 

-What is considered an attempt to arrest / detain you:

• Attempting to handcuff you
  • Verbally telling you, you are being detained / arrested ("You are being detained", "You are under arrest")
  • Firing their tazer at you
  • Pointing their gun at you and ordering you to surrender/stop moving/get down/turn around. (Fear RP basically)

• You must have a valid reason to place someone under fear RP (Valid Mugging, Valid Kidnapping or any Valid Kill reason); placing someone under Fear RP without reason or just in order to bait a PK is not permitted and may result in a ban or character removal (This can include any mugging or kill reasons. When doing this you are at risk of possible PK if killed)

They had no reason to suspect me or detain me and the situation had ended 30 minutes prior to the confrontation. I had a gun on me but the police had no way of knowing that and had never seen it, yet they come back to me to try and arrest me. I told them I had no gun license, they run my ID and come back 30 minutes later to tell me the same thing, only that this time it means I'm under arrest? 

I do not find this situation fair and I'd like a full clip prior to the shooting, because at that point  I was forced into a PK situation anyways, either through a 45 year felony charge or shooting the police, but all of this stemmed from again something I didn't even do, and they had no evidence other than I was running away from the general area of the shooting with 2 other people, who WERE NOT even asked any questions themselves and I was the only person detained twice for this mystery crime the cops never even seen. 
Edited by Gelato

Cop who PK'd you, we were unsure of if you were involved or not. which is why we let you go originally, after that we found a witness who pretty much ratted on you. with that we decided to find you and frisk you. after that you decided to run and shoot us while being tazed, with that you got shot and killed

Your own fault for deciding to shoot at cops, and my poor cadet.

2 minutes ago, Mickey Lunestra said:

Cop who PK'd you, we were unsure of if you were involved or not. which is why we let you go originally, after that we found a witness who pretty much ratted on you. with that we decided to find you and frisk you. after that you decided to run and shoot us while being tazed, with that you got shot and killed

Your own fault for deciding to shoot at cops, and my poor cadet.

your claim of a witness bears pretty fruitless, because the only two people that were near at the time were Toni Rigatoni and Chelsea Moore, who both could vouch I was not the shooter, but you didn't question either of them and instead a mystery 4th guy told you it was me? Who was this 4th witness? Do you have footage of that? Does your original clip contain the entirety of the situation or just the moment where you forced me into a PK interaction?

You were not forced into a PK situation, multiple different ways you could have played that. could've just let us detain you and argue that you had been on private property

You could have ditched the gun which you knew cops were looking for

The witness we had was the blonde woman who we had witnessed near the scene and had went to look for and question after we talked to you. With our suspicions backed we originally had on you, which were from seeing the shooting from across the street of the apartments you work at, we had just not been able to 100% confirm that you had a gun so we let you go while we went to look for the woman we had seen near the scene. and had you let us arrest you there was nothing saying you were going to get pked with 45 years

3 minutes ago, Mickey Lunestra said:

You were not forced into a PK situation, multiple different ways you could have played that. could've just let us detain you and argue that you had been on private property

You could have ditched the gun which you knew cops were looking for

The witness we had was the blonde woman who we had witnessed near the scene and had went to look for and question after we talked to you. With our suspicions backed we originally had on you, which were from seeing the shooting from across the street of the apartments you work at, we had just not been able to 100% confirm that you had a gun so we let you go while we went to look for the woman we had seen near the scene. and had you let us arrest you there was nothing saying you were going to get pked with 45 years

Crazy because I know the blonde woman (Chelsea Moore) and I know you never questioned her. If you have evidence of this otherwise feel free to show a clip but she's telling me otherwise and will be making an account to respond to this appeal. 

Is this the part where you get your friend to lie for you? we had 3 officers, 1 being me, there for the questioning where she said you were the shooter. You are more than welcome to ask the other 2 officers

Just now, Mickey Lunestra said:

Is this the part where you get your friend to lie for you? we had 3 officers, 1 being me, there for the questioning where she said you were the shooter. You are more than welcome to ask the other 2 officers

I'm just asking for a clip because the woman you 'questioned' is my friend and denied your attempts at questioning, invalidating your argument that you had 'confirmation' it was me.

Edited by Gelato

She is more than welcome to show a clip of this if she has it, she had not denied the questioning. You are more than welcome to believe her but she had snitched on you, at this point she's lying to cover herself from being known as a rat. 

Corporal John Reese and Cadet D. Donti can back me up

Hello. I’m the “rat” you’re speaking about. Thanks for calling me that btw. Anyways, when questioned from the police I was asked to give a written statement to which I denied because I also mentioned that I did not want to be involved at all. But now here we are. Is there proof I confirmed that he’s the one who fired shots? Because you guys are saying I confirmed it but that’s hard to believe seems there’s no proof. You’re asking for a clip, so am I. If there’s proof, then I would say the PK is valid. If not, then why are we even here. Sounds like petty cops just wanting to get someone in trouble.

Edited by poco

"oh yeah that guy you talked to was the one who shot him" from you. and we had enough proof, shooting a cop is kind of a y'know your gonna die

Pretty sure it's a common thing of "you shoot cop and die to cop you die forever"

1 minute ago, Mickey Lunestra said:

"oh yeah that guy you talked to was the one who shot him" from you. and we had enough proof, shooting a cop is kind of a y'know your gonna die

Not when it's kill baiting, PK hunting, etc.

She's new and doesn't have a clipping software yet. But if you had the software to clip shooting me, surely you recorded the entire interaction, including her saying what you're claiming. 

She says she didn't though, which again invalidates your whole story of having reasonable suspicion from a witness.

exactly. he didnt get PK’d because of the initial shots that you heard (if it was him, idk). He got PK’d because he shot a cop while being detained. So either way, whether i “ratted” or not, he was gonna get detained. He’s the one who decided to shoot at the cops. THATS why he got Pk’d. right?

Edited by poco
  • Agree 1

All I'm saying from our side of the story, the situation happens and we decide to question him. we decide to let him go as we have nothing to go off of, after that we find you and hear "the guy you questioned shot him btw" (not exactly that but you get the message) and we decide to find him, identifying him with the F3 he gave prior, and we believe to have reasonable suspicion to stop and frisk him to check if he had a weapon. With that he started arguing and asking for a lawyer so we decide to detain him to talk to and search him. But he decided to run so we chased and tazed him, he shot me and my cadet, and I killed him

Hello all, I John Reese, was the supervising officer regarding the situation between you and my officers. While I don't know your prior charges, being a convicted felon does not mean a death sentence if you pick up another charge. While it may seem like my officers were out to get you, you obviously cannot get the full picture none of us can. What I can say is that you're the one who shot at officers and they did what they could to arrest you instead of shooting you. 

Regarding evidence, I was the one who asked my officers to hold off as you were being cooperative and said you had to leave soon. You technically baited us to investigate as you were the one interacting with us then called your friend over to chat in the same sidewalk where you discharged your firearm. I rounded the area and noticed that there was no one even close enough to have been shooting aside from you. You then came up to me and my officers to tell a story in which I let my officers know that I did not believe. Interaction ended soon afterwards. My officers wanted to still investigate you and I let them know I would back them up. 

Yes, your friend did help us in our investigation and gave us info that help our hunch. The next interaction with you, I told my officers to be carful and they must try to get you to admit you have a firearm on yourself and that if they couldn't they needed to detain and frisk you. Prior to this you gave your license to one of my officer and they ran a firearms license check on you as we wanted to make sure the firearm you had on you was valid. 

You unfortunately decided to shoot one of my officers and my other officer shot you to protect them. This is the biggest issue here as this will decide your PK. They did there best to not use tasers and guns but once you started running and shooting, they had no choice. Officers had no intention of getting into a shootout that's why they were talking to you and questioning you and being so lenient with you. Staff has the final say regarding this situation and I don't think there really needs to be any further discussions on this.

right. so im not the reason for the PK. he shot at a cop. i had absolutely nothing to do with that. backstory doesn’t matter.

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, poco said:

right. so im not the reason for the PK. he shot at a cop. i had absolutely nothing to do with that. backstory doesn’t matter.

Yes you confirmed our hunch but the PK was entirely this guys fault

I didn’t give you guys a written statement or anything. There’s no evidence i confirmed or denied. Because i didn’t.

Edited by poco
19 hours ago, Mickey Lunestra said:

Yes you confirmed our hunch but the PK was entirely this guys fault

I still think you should show a clip of your interaction with her, which shouldn't be a problem as I know you were streaming the whole thing in a vc and were clipping the interaction of PKing me. 

I don't think it's fair to allow this PK to go through without confirming you had absolute reason to question me twice, especially when the crime in question wasn't me and I have to lose a character because you failed to locate the actual suspect. 30 minutes had passed from me being let go and you chose to come back again with information I had already told you, yet you used it to try and arrest me this time. without the witness agreeing or any evidence that she pointed at me this whole thing should be nullified.

Just seems like you cops were trying to PK hunt at 3 AM cause you were bored if you're only clipping your kills and not your witness questionings. 

19 hours ago, TheTacticalNinja said:

Regarding evidence, I was the one who asked my officers to hold off as you were being cooperative and said you had to leave soon. You technically baited us to investigate as you were the one interacting with us then called your friend over to chat in the same sidewalk where you discharged your firearm.

This is just your assumption when assuming I had fired a firearm, and the reason you didn't push further was because you lacked evidence.

The evidence you guys needed would have came from the woman also running away with me which was @poco who is denying she gave you any hints that it was me, influencing me to ask for a clip of that interaction from the police claiming she said otherwise. 

Because that whole interaction of trying to arrest me wouldn't have happened without it and she didn't tell them it was me, after 30 minutes it should have been put to rest but instead you tried to corner me into an arrest with lacking evidence, forcing me to use fearRP of getting locked up for 45 years and trying to get out of it (albeit I may have been wrong on this part, but I had assumed a felon with a gun would probably get locked up for awhile, and I didn't know at the time if they were investigating a murder or not, which in my mind would increase the time long enough for a PK)

I'm just not trying to get my main character PK'ed because some guy was shooting on the server at 3-4 AM with 8 people on. There was no evidence and the evidence being claimed is from a woman denying it outright in the appeal. I think it's an unjustified and petty PK for something so stupid that I wasn't even apart of. 

your entire argument is pretty much "nuh uh show proof"

This wasn't why you got pked, you got pked by running from cops and shooting them

just wait for staff to reply, nothing will change with us yapping here

6 minutes ago, Mickey Lunestra said:

your entire argument is pretty much "nuh uh show proof"

This wasn't why you got pked, you got pked by running from cops and shooting them

Which wouldn't of happened if you hadn't lied about a witness statement to get a greenlight for arrest. How do you stream record and only show the part where you caught a PK ?

From my perspective the clip was long enough. Although if there is a longer clip that’s able the be provided I’d love to take a look

12 hours ago, Youbear said:

From my perspective the clip was long enough. Although if there is a longer clip that’s able the be provided I’d love to take a look

No other clip 

The way I see it, the clip is long enough. And at the end of the day you did in fact pull a gun on police, nobody forced you to do that. If you genuinely believed it to be a failure of anything OOCly you should have complied but made a ticket.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.