Ban Appeal

Your Character or Steam Name: Aces

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):  STEAM_0:1:83956583

Your Discord ID#: Aces_x

Reason for ban: Item Transfer

Length of ban: 2 weeks

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Well firstly, im not even sure what exactly i transferred? Im thinking through playing last night and the only time i did something that could be seen as "transfer", is that i did some trades with another player to be able to buy some of the counterfeit cards? I recall giving him some W as he had Q, and i also gave them a couple of statues and a cigarette pack to make the card. did i do something wrong here? i am unsure what exactly i did? The Q i bought from him i payed for in cash, and the statues/cigarettes were just something i had lying around. I was on the server for several hours after what i think must have been the incident that caused this, and i was not summoned or spoken to or anything. i just woke up this morning with 2 weeks and no explanation other than "transfer". My ban also says i have 1 (P.O), but that was back in december last year when i first started playing the game. Do P.Os not dissapear after 6 months? If i have done something wrong and i am not realising it i apologise and im sorry. But i do not believe i have done anything to warrant a 2 week ban. I feel this could have been cleared up in a sit room which i was available for hours after the card thing.

Why should you be unbanned? Well even if i am incorrect and i have broken some rule, a 2 week ban for something i havent done since december, seems very unfair and over the top. Im not a minge and i do not go around breaking rules. If i am correct in assuming the transfer was something to do with making counterfeit cards last night, i guarantee it will have been an oversight as we were not passing things between characters, we were giving each other things we individually had to make the cards.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): I didnt think it was an issue so i didnt take any.

• Like 2

Banning Admin here. Logs can see an items exact ID, and below I have highlighted that with underlining.

image.thumb.png.84e544f7dc0fba8a627553f59680851c.png
Attached above is one of the logs of you item transferring two cat figurines from Josh Solomon’s to your Aces character. 

Your 46 pages of item pickups and drops told a big story about your character and how you play this server.

I suggest you admit to item transferring, apologize, and fess up to everything else and then maybe the UA team will look favorably upon your honesty and lower your ban time.

Edited by Seansx
  • Dumb 1

Why of all things would you transfer cat figurines

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

So it was the cat figurines? Well if thats the deciding reason i was banned i apologise. ive had them on a char since xmas, i also figured that seen as they are any char claimable items it wasnt a big issue, so im sorry. Am i wrong in assuming that if another player had made the card using the figurines and given me the card, that wouldnt have counted as transferring? Sorry im kinda confused.

Im also confused as to why i wasnt pulled to a sit and was just shadowbanned? I was online for hours after the log you posted and i wasnt spoken to by anyone. instead im now up on trial in front of the entire community. i have over a month IC time and a very miniscule amount of that is spent doing deals with players, i dont think my atm history gives an accurate representation of who i am on the server. Im sure if you scrolled through 50 pages of anyones log there would be things come up. But again, i will admit to my mistakes and i apologise, i promise i am not trying to hurt anyone, the playerbase, or the economy. If this is a culmination of my entire time on the server i understand, i just wish someone could have spoken to me in game and explained this.

I admit to being at fault, and im sorry for the hurt i have caused by it. Im reading the rules rn and i understand that any form of transfer is dissallowed, but does that also mean that anything i have touched on one char can never ever be touched by another? so for example say i sold a cassette to somebody, even if days/weeks go by does that mean i am dissallowed from ever buying that specific item again from them? ive never been in a sit or had the exact rulings explained to me, again the P.O was around 9 months ago and it wasnt a sit, it was just a "dont do that" from a nearby staff member. Regardless, I apologise endlessly again for my mistakes and i promise to be more careful in the future.

Edited by Aces
spelling error
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Aces said:

Im also confused as to why i wasnt pulled to a sit and was just shadowbanned? I was online for hours after the log you posted and i wasnt spoken to by anyone. instead im now up on trial in front of the entire community. i have over a month IC time and a very miniscule amount of that is spent doing deals with players, i dont think my atm history gives an accurate representation of who i am on the server. Im sure if you scrolled through 50 pages of anyones log there would be things come up. But again, i will admit to my mistakes and i apologise, i promise i am not trying to hurt anyone, the playerbase, or the economy. If this is a culmination of my entire time on the server i understand, i just wish someone could have spoken to me in game and explained this.

You weren’t pulled as like you said yourself, there were a LOT of pages to go through and a lot found. By the time I was finished you were off the server.

1 hour ago, Aces said:

I admit to being at fault, and im sorry for the hurt i have caused by it. Im reading the rules rn and i understand that any form of transfer is dissallowed, but does that also mean that anything i have touched on one char can never ever be touched by another? so for example say i sold a cassette to somebody, even if days/weeks go by does that mean i am dissallowed from ever buying that specific item again from them? ive never been in a sit or had the exact rulings explained to me, again the P.O was around 9 months ago and it wasnt a sit, it was just a "dont do that" from a nearby staff member. Regardless, I apologise endlessly again for my mistakes and i promise to be more careful in the future.

This isn’t a I didn’t know the rules server, I get off Scot free, it’s a read the rules server or get punished, and if you get punished you hopefully go read them.

In the example you gave, if you proved that you spent money on it, and it was months later and it can be genuinely determined it was unintentional then that’s another case. However in this one, five seconds after dropping it in premium clothing store your other character picked it up in the same spot. Definitely not an accident, still not seeing you apologizing for lying, just for getting caught.

As seen in your message “so it was the cat figurines” you were aware you item transferred so don’t act confused now. Stop lying, admit to it ALL. Not just this, and then UA can go through and determine if your punishment remains.

You can close the appeal. Seems this isnt about an incident last night, youre just punishing me for anything ive done within the last 9 months of me playing the game. Of course ive broken the rules in that time, who hasnt. The game is about being a criminal.

Just now, Aces said:

You can close the appeal. Seems this isnt about an incident last night, youre just punishing me for anything ive done within the last 9 months of me playing the game. Of course ive broken the rules in that time, who hasnt. The game is about being a criminal.

What type of response is this? Its criminal rp so you can break the server rules? What a load of shit, you were given the opportunity to apologize for lying and to fess up to everything else. You haven't. Your loss. 

11 hours ago, Aces said:

My ban also says i have 1 (P.O), but that was back in december last year when i first started playing the game. Do P.Os not dissapear after 6 months?

In this instance no as they are a provable record that you were previously warned/punished/informed about this particular rule meaning you can't claim ignorance in the future if you've already been punished for it.

5 hours ago, Aces said:

pulled to a sit and was just shadowbanned?

Sits are not required, if an administrator has adequate evidence of a rulebreak they can simply ban the offending party.

1 hour ago, Aces said:

This response is both incredibly benign and stupid. @Seansx's reply summarizes the thought along with it.

11 hours ago, Aces said:

a 2 week ban for something i havent done since december, seems very unfair and over the top

Something I intended to reduce, but now you've requested the issue closed;

1 hour ago, Aces said:

You can close the appeal.

So which is it?

That is your decision. When i made the appeal, the thing i was most interested in was what i had done specifically to get banned. I knew it must have been linked to the cat figure thing last night which was a silly oversight on my behalf. I made the appeal with the plan to defend myself and explain the situation that happened last night.

What i didnt expect, is that the ban is more a summary of my entire logs since i joined the server/ everything i have ever done regarding transfer. Im not being punished specifically because of last night, im being punished for everything i have ever done wrong in the 50 pages he read. I cant exactly defend myself when almost a year of logs are being put against me like that. I apologised and admitted to the transferring, which wasnt enough for the admin, who wanted me to write an in depth list of everything i have ever done whilst being on the server and individually apologise for them to him. Ive played for almost a year, to do this just for a shorter ban is a wild suggestion. If my characters are to be lost regardless, how does it benefit me to make a list of anything i have ever done wrong on the server? This isnt a 2 week ban for a mistake i made yesterday, this is a ban for every single thing i have ever done that is in the log.

I dont think my comment was stupid either, it was just unbiased realism. I never claimed to have any "right" to break the rules because the game is criminal RP, i was just making the point that anyone who has played the game for quite a while is going to have broken some rules at some point, and i am no exception to that of course. if you scroll through 50 pages of anyones logs youre bound to find some stuff.

I cant claim i deserve a reduction if the allegations against me are everything ive ever done wrong, as over 9 months im sure that is quite a few things. And i am not claiming ignorance either, i understand what ive done wrong and i have apologised.

You got banned for the cat figurine trade, then I looked through your logs and found more.

I am asking you to fess up to it, list out what you have done regarding this offense and stop making this seem like its a "silly oversight" or "you didnt know" because you clearly did. Take responsibility for your actions, list them, apologize for them.

You keep contradicting yourself, at one point saying you were ignorant, at another saying you dont claim ignorance etc. Pick one. 

5 minutes ago, Aces said:

I cant claim i deserve a reduction if the allegations against me are everything ive ever done wrong, as over 9 months im sure that is quite a few things. And i am not claiming ignorance either, i understand what ive done wrong and i have apologised.

If it was just the cat statue, i could have possibly explained that, as taking it back on a diff char was honestly a dumb oversight by me. But if youre putting all my logs against me and anything i have ever done regarding transfer then im in the wrong. i cant argue against that. i have "fessed up" to the wrongdoing and im in the wrong. But trying to make me write a list of everything i have ever done is more like a public hanging and is miniscule compared to a 2 week ban. I am not some crazy minge who goes around breaking rules, and those who know me know that. but over the course of my time on the server, yes, i have broken the rules. I did not make this appeal to be blackmailed into slandering myself and any rule i have broken.

I think you have a sevre misunderstanding of what Seansx originally said.

12 hours ago, Aces said:

I did not make this appeal to be blackmailed into slandering myself and any rule i have broken.

Accountability > Blackmail

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.