ThatBananaGuy23's Staff Application

In-Game Name(s): Lieutenant Christian Johnson, Tommy "Bullets" Rizano, Public Defender Derek Denzel and Ramanathan "Munna" Patel
Steam Name: ThatBananaGuy23
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199159116434/
Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:599425353
Discord Username: BananaMan
When did you first join the server: About a year ago.
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 month 3 weeks 4 hours 15 minutes
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 35 hours a week peek.
Have you read the rules?: Yes 
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Kinda
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: *
I want to become part of the staff team to help enhance the quality of my favorite Garry's Mod server. I enjoy helping people out and think helping solve players' in-game problems, mistakes, and role-play situations would be very interesting and fun. I've been playing on this server for a while now but would like to experience the community in another way. I also play late at night more and notice that the online staff numbers dwindle (which is normal people need to sleep) and see people complain about waiting for tickets. In addition, I hear about and see more people trying to break, and or bend the rules later because they think they can get away with it when there are less staff online. As a result, I would enjoy helping prevent these things.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I should be considered because I am always on my computer whether I am attending class, working, or playing games. This is the only server I care about, play on, and want to see grow, and would do what I can and need to help that keep happening. I also would like to be one to help players new and old learn or understand the rules and answer questions on things in the game they don't know or forget, to keep them interested and to keep players coming back. I would be dedicated to doing what needs to be done to keep the gameplay moving fluidly and maintaining the rules of the server overall. Saying this, I feel as if I am a strong candidate to consider for helping staff your server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long):
I was a moderator on Atomic Networks for about 3 months and I was a super admin for a darkrp server for about 7 months

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, RDM

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
Generally, I am well-known in our community because of belong to both the Jewish faction and NYPD. My current rank is Lieutenant for Patrol, a position that has made me a highly regarded leader within the force. It enabled me to interact with various players and solidifying my standing and fame. Besides working at the police department, I also hold a higher up position in the Jewish faction since some months ago. This duality makes me stand out as a person whom other members consider as passionate and influential person across both fields.

What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far?:
One of my favorite moments was when I was in ESU. It was right before the map change, and there were about 25 ESU members in the locker room. Suddenly, they all started shooting and killed each other. There was so much blood and gunfire it was chaotic but hilarious. I even have a clip of it if anyone wants to see!

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:

pizzle! (moderator)

pyro (moderator)

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
In case someone RDM another player and I am not standing presently for receiving tickets for some reason, probably I ought to delay for a while to see if one more stuff is available, who could help him. This method ensures that tasks are shared equally among team members as well as prompt resolution of each incident. However, if there isn’t any other staff actively taking tickets or they are preoccupied with other matters, then in my capacity at the time I can take over handling it alone. This is particularly true if I don’t have an active RP scenario going on or dealing with something IRL because maintaining order and fairness in my community has always been important to me first above anything else. In such cases, just like any other ticket, I would grab the ticket and handle it same way by addressing the concerns of the player in a timely manner. My dedication towards upholding community standards includes investigations that involve gathering evidence, speaking to all parties involved and finally carrying out appropriate punishments. My goal is to create an environment where players respect each other and enjoy their time during play.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
First of all, I would attempt to record what is done by the staff member through Medal TV or another recording software to have concrete evidence for myself. After that, I would privately let those above them like the Head Administrator or the Founder know about their activities so that a proper resolution can take place without involving other people. At this point, I can try and watch over how the staff members continue behaving after the first report by taking further clips where necessary. In case my superiors order me not to monitor anymore and leave it for others to deal with, then I will follow chain of command immediately and respect their decisions. Essentially, my aim is to preserve fairness and dignity within the community by simply documenting in appropriate ways any wrong doings committed within it.

A member of your faction/friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:
I shall, of course, try to delegate the issue to another staff member so as not to be biased. Thus, maintaining impartiality is crucial for ensuring fair and just decisions. Nevertheless, I would have looked at all the evidence in case I was the only staff available. To have a fair assessment of the situation, I would carefully scrutinize all this evidence provided by those reporting him. After reviewing such evidence, I would punish him based on server rules irrespective of what happened. I don't really want somebody that gets angry about getting punished for something they did wrong in a video game. Upholding rules and maintaining fairness may require difficult choices even if it means making tough calls. Friendships should be built on mutual respect and conformity to community’s standards; therefore anyone who dodges responsibility over their mistakes does not agree with my values.

• Like 6

+1 i litteraly brought this player into the game and i love to see how far he has come

• Like 3

+1 Good guy, been friends ever since I got back into the game and would love to see both of us be staff teammates!

• Like 2

+1 Good man that Banana, never batted an eye at him once over these years. Would be a good staff application.

• Like 1

+1 Great Guy. 

• Like 1

You have previously lied / used AI on your applications before, so I'm going to continue to post this as an information dump for whoever reviews your app -

Another thing Id like to add. While im not directly accusing you of this because these sites can be faulty at times, I believe your answer to the "A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:" question was written with AI. I checked it against MULTIPLE different AI detectors and they had determined it was AI written. I will be posting screen shots in the form of imgur links below.

also you were previously caught using AI for the bar exam, again not directly accusing you, it is something to note. I will also be supplying a screen shot of this.

https://imgur.com/3w12FAM
https://imgur.com/UpYKQVx
https://imgur.com/S7pli3L
https://imgur.com/GDJ9mUF

Additionally, while this is not a big deal it just raises some eyebrows. On your first staff application which was made 09/13/2023 you had said you were 17 years old, on your next one 11/8/2023 2 months later you say you are 19, on this application you say you are 19 as well. Again, not that big of an issue just questionable

"Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?"

1st application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6551
2nd application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6822

• Helpful & Informative 1
  • Disagree 1

you like hazbin hotel ew stinky

• Disagree 1
3 hours ago, okyes said:

you like hazbin hotel ew stinky

Wild take ngl lol

• Funny 1

yikes...

12 hours ago, Pyro said:

+1 Great Guy. 

Amending this to Neutral, revoking my sponsorship/recommendation. 

• Disagree 1
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, adam said:

You have previously lied / used AI on your applications before, so I'm going to continue to post this as an information dump for whoever reviews your app -

Another thing Id like to add. While im not directly accusing you of this because these sites can be faulty at times, I believe your answer to the "A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:" question was written with AI. I checked it against MULTIPLE different AI detectors and they had determined it was AI written. I will be posting screen shots in the form of imgur links below.

also you were previously caught using AI for the bar exam, again not directly accusing you, it is something to note. I will also be supplying a screen shot of this.

https://imgur.com/3w12FAM
https://imgur.com/UpYKQVx
https://imgur.com/S7pli3L
https://imgur.com/GDJ9mUF

Additionally, while this is not a big deal it just raises some eyebrows. On your first staff application which was made 09/13/2023 you had said you were 17 years old, on your next one 11/8/2023 2 months later you say you are 19, on this application you say you are 19 as well. Again, not that big of an issue just questionable

"Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?"

1st application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6551
2nd application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6822

That is old, those apps were made about 10-8 months ago on my first app I do not know why I put my age down as 17, then on all of my other apps, I put 19 then this one is 20 bc my birthday is in May.
I don't use AI anymore that way way back in the day. I made it to an LT in the NYPD I made it to a right-hand man of a crew in a faction. I would like to say stop trying to use old me against me on my staff application. It's called giving someone a chance. You can check my app for AI and you will find none. 

Edited by ThatBananaGuy23

+1 a genuinely good guy

• Like 1

-1 as much as its hypocritical for me to say but you hardly know the rules and you have rdmed my cop char multiple times 

Edited by Chief Sosa
  • Dumb 1
27 minutes ago, Chief Sosa said:

-1 as much as its hypocritical for me to say but you hardly know the rules and you have rdmed my cop char multiple times 

I don't think I did.

+1 decent guy, and overall knows a lot of the rules on this server. He's pretty good for a nominee. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ThatBananaGuy23 said:

That is old, those apps were made about 10-8 months ago on my first app I do not know why I put my age down as 17, then on all of my other apps, I put 19 then this one is 20 bc my birthday is in May.
I don't use AI anymore that way way back in the day. I made it to an LT in the NYPD I made it to a right-hand man of a crew in a faction. I would like to say stop trying to use old me against me on my staff application. It's called giving someone a chance. You can check my app for AI and you will find none. 

I am not using evidence against you, simply providing context. 

+1 Knew this guy from other servers, always had respect for him there and here.

• Like 1

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Super Administrator or higher.