Diverge Networks
TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenet.works/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - mEEm - 03-12-2023

Note before reading: This is a re-application from my previous app (here) with some answers modified.

In-Game Name(s): Maria, Karl, Walter and Kurt Frudel, and Kenzo Tagomi
Steam Name: TheSuperTsar
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheSuperTsar/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:225957226
Discord Username: mEEm#7637
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 53 minutes
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Probably 2-4 hours on weekdays, 4-6 on weekends
Have you read the rules?: Yes, many times.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Of course.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes with both, per my previous staff time.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: *
I've seen a lot of mingery, NITRP and general annoyances during my time on this server, and it truly does frustrate me. I've played this server since early/mid 2020 and picked up alot about this server and its RP, and to be wholly frank I love this server and the community. With Pendred and other staff encouraging people to apply, I felt I should. I always find rule-breaking frustrating, even for someone who likes a bit of fun. Alot of times, including during my prior tenure as staff here, I've seen people acting very dumb or wholly nonsensical, including RDM and NITRP. With myself becoming more active on diverge lately, I thought it might be worth reapplying.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: *
I've been playing the server, as aforementioned, since early-mid 2020. I've almost always been PD or Courts in some way, starting as a humble public defender. I've always hated corruption IC and OOC on a personal level, particularly very mingey or low-quality corruption. I'm decently well-known with people often approaching me on the street and shouting my name and chatting for a while. I'm familiar with nutscript and the logs system, and a quick learner, able to pick up SAM very quickly, and I have a prominent knack for helping new players, instead of the usual reply of "Find out IC", which doesn't really tell a new player anything other than that staff are unreliable or that the community is toxic/unwelcoming. I've been staff here before, although I am aware it was not anything worth bragging about which is detailed further below.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I have been a GM or small-scale developer for several servers, as well as a moderator on MP way back when. I also served as a moderator here for roughly two months. However I recognize that this time was fraught with mistakes, misbehaviors, and disobedience. The primary issues arose from my acting as a GM when I was not one, due to inexperience on my part and insufficient training when I first became staff. However, I believe that I have since matured and educated myself on staff policies and am aware that my previous behavior was irresponsible and churlish.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have been banned twice, once on 10/7/21 for VDM and once again 12/20/21 for a failrp /it. Both of these were childish mistakes, but over a year ago and clean since with very few notes.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: *
I'd say I am decently well known on the server and community. People frequently call out my name when spotting me on the streets. I've been active in the community since roughly this time 2020, with several of my characters approaching multiple years in age. I've befriended many people in the community, including staff. Some other people have admittedly poor or even hostile opinions towards me, mostly consisting of upset rascals from Prometheus with some ax to grind. Regardless, I at least like to believe I am well regarded or at least known in the community.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Sammy, Cordelie, Table, Voyles
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If it is a single case of RDM and it's not a big thing (MRDM, MVDM, etc) I'd just use staff chat to inform a fellow staff member. If there were no other staff members available, I'd wait for a lull in my RP and handle it calmly then. If it is something repeated (MRDM, MVDM) that threatens the ability or possibility of others to enjoy the server I'd try to handle it as soon as possible.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Try to chat with them and be polite. It's not worth whining to a superior or making a report, especially if they're new and it's just small things. If it begins to noticeably affect the enjoyment of the server by players, I'd contact a member of UA and hope they could discuss it with them and correct their behavior. If it continues after this, I'd simply keep bringing it to UA.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
If it's small things and only worth verbal/logged warnings, I'd take it in the hope they understand and that, being someone I know, they listen to me better than someone they don't know. If it gets worse than this, I'd still take it but try to caution myself to avoid being biased one way or the other. If they aren't listening, or are unable to take basic punishment on a Gmod server and act immature about it, I should reconsider being friends with them and inform a fellow member of staff who doesn't know this person, to avoid the appearance of possible misconduct.

I understand that having some of these answers be based on my previous application, some may criticize it as not being creative. However, creativity is not exactly a necessary prerequisite for staffing. I'd also like to note that these answers are in part influenced by my time on the staff time previously. If anyone would like to discuss my previous staff tenure and what went wrong, as well as offering advise on avoiding such churlish mistakes in the future, I'd be happy to be contacted for this. I also might include more recommendations from staff as I'm posting this before receiving replies from those I've contacted.

RE: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Pendred - 03-13-2023

[Image: far-cry6-laugh-gif-23737499.gif]

RE: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Georgecole199965 - 03-13-2023

-1. Literally don't have to say anything as to why because it is so obvious.

RE: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - mEEm - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 01:58 AM)Pendred Wrote: [Image: far-cry6-laugh-gif-23737499.gif]
I know my prior tenure on staff wasn't great, but I hope you'll allow me to prove myself this time and rectify my mistakes.

RE: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Mr. Braun - 03-13-2023

-1 You stinky winky

RE: TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Pyro - 03-13-2023

-1, obvious.

TheSuperTsar Staff App 2 - Rem - 03-13-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.