Diverge Networks
Staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenet.works/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff application (/showthread.php?tid=4845)

Pages: 1 2

Staff application - Im_a_trap911 - 11-18-2022

In-Game Name(s): Wei Chen / Tommy “Guts” Hill

Steam Name: Im_a_trap911

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198868192077/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:453963174

Discord Username: Guts#1275

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 5d 9h 22m

Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside 

Time Zone: Est

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-5 hours

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes 

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I'm a quick learner and willing to put in as much time as I need to learn.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
The main reason I'd like to join the staff is because when I play I'm usually on during super late hours when there are little to no staff on and there were a couple incidents like what happened today where we could’ve really used a staff member online to help people out when there were people breaking rules. I would also like to really help out newer players get a good feel of what that game is all about, and would really like getting to know more people in this server’s community.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I believe I should be considered over other candidates because I would have a great response time to tickets. Not just because I have lots of free time but because I truly care about this community and about the RP. I would also like to add that I would remain unbiased during all meets and sits. And any relationship I have with people will not get in the way of either Rp or sits. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No i do not but i would love to have this as a learning experience 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes I was banned for 2 days for money transfer. But i would like to say at the time i didn't know anything about rp it was my first time on a gmod server.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  No, I would not say I'm too well known. But members of my group see me all the time. People think I grind like crazy mostly because I'm on during crazy late hours. I’m also confident enough to say people enjoy my presence not only in my group but other groups as well and I'm pretty fair and easy to talk to when it comes to serious conversations. So I would say I have a pretty good reputation.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Rayve, Eliza, Duggar, James
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If I'm off-duty I would simply make a ticket and let someone else take it. But if no one else is on I would simply get on as staff and stay as staff for a good while before getting back on my RP character.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would begin to gather evidence on the staff member and once I've gotten enough I would simply tell someone that was higher up.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: No matter the relationship I have with the friend and no matter how it affects the relationship, I would have to explain to him that I can't allow someone to break the rules at all. So I would warn them and if they don't listen I'd either ban them for a small amount of time or kick them for not following rules.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Staff application - Eliza - 11-18-2022

+1 Would make a great addition to staff. Interacts well with the community and is super active.

RE: Staff application - Zane - 11-18-2022

+1 seems like they would make a great staff member with some training.

RE: Staff application - Rayve - 11-18-2022

+1 such an awesome dude and is pretty chill when approached so I think would be a great addition to the team!!

RE: Staff application - Rem - 11-23-2022

Who is rocket

RE: Staff application - Cosmothecat - 11-24-2022

+1: Good app but a tad bit more detail might not hurt. Seems nice and I believe they deserve a chance, goodluck!

RE: Staff application - Im_a_trap911 - 11-24-2022

(11-23-2022, 07:26 AM)Rem Wrote: Who is rocket
Rocket is Rayve

RE: Staff application - Jun Kato - 11-24-2022

+1
Looks pretty good to me, I like how he holds himself and not bad with his motivation.

RE: Staff application - LuckyZ - 11-24-2022

+1 Would make a good staff member, If you have any questions he can answer them, he is knowledgeable and is willing to help people with their problems.

RE: Staff application - RevampedRebel - 11-24-2022

+1 cool guy good rper clearly qualified for the position