Diverge Networks
Officer Tony Thomson - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenet.works/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Officer Tony Thomson (/showthread.php?tid=2891)

Officer Tony Thomson - Coolwey - 01-10-2022

Name of Character: Tony Thompson

SteamID: V0RT3X_Cr4zY上帝ツ

Date of PK: 1/4/2022

Reason for PK: "Supposed Corruption" A hit was placed on me

Why should you be unPK'd?: More reasons than one can count and here's a better explanation of my pk below

Let's try this again, I was held at gunpoint and forced to give up information not willingly giving out information the information was outdated anyways so it doesn't matter. My superior officer told me we could watch fights that were between consenting individuals just not gamble which I didn't, and I turned my back on a murder because the man who was murdered broke nlr 3 times just to punch a dude in the face, so it doesn't count. Finally, my pk was unjust as I was in the bathroom for 5 minutes in the middle of the police station which would not happen in real life because I would not stare at wall like I had a stroke instead I would fight back and win because I had Kelver on (also every precinct in New York had a metal detector in 1985 and required screening by a guard on duty, so you could not just walk into a station and mow a guy down) And the people who ordered the hit were just mad that I arrested them on drugs and violence and were banned the next day for trolling (same people who was broke nlr actually) also there are cops far more 'corrupt' than me (as you claim) , also I would use my paycheck to pay for clothes for 'Whiteshirts' (homeless), and give medical attention to the injured which I have yet to see one other officer do ,also I would take the cadets out to fill training hours which not enough officers due and I was the only cop to cover the late shift and bring forth justice as there were no admins on. Also, I caught a terrorist, stopped a terrorist attack single handedly and took a bullet for the mayor/commissioner saving him for an assassination attempt. and was personally responsible for recruiting 10 cadets into the pd I also made 15 arrests in the span of 2 days and protected the building from a riot 5 times, and made 2 separate drug busts in one day while linking a murder to a major crime family (The same family that I supposedly colluded with , again I didn't I was forced to concede as i was kidnapped) and impressed my superiors so much that I achieved the rank of officer within 48 hours of joining the force and was destined for sergeant prior to my "assassination"( which mid you was actually because I had crucial information on a case not because of corruption) and was referred to as a "one of the most valued members of the team" by my superiors.  In the end, it kind of speaks for itself that I'm pretty far from a corrupt officer of the law, I could provide more examples but, we would be here for hours. So instead let's just make this quick and have me reinstated. So, if there is indeed nothing else, please have a wonderful day. 

P.S There should be a court for pk bans and a witness protection for pk hits on snitches and cops since there was witness protection from the mafia in real life in 1985 or pks can only last a certain ammount of time ie: 24 hours to survive a hit (I mean c'mon that just makes sense).

RE: Officer Tony Thomson - Romullus - 01-10-2022

Hello,

FYI, I will be responding to this appeal not as an administrator, but as the don of the faction that ordered your death.

Your assasination was a long effort done by a Soldado of the Medellin Cartel. A couple of days before your death you have been mark by the Cartel as a loud officer. In response to that you were followed by a member of the cartel who was tasked with investigating you. This response will have the purpose of explaining you the evidence my hitman has gathered.

"I was held at gunpoint and forced to give up information not willingly giving out information the information was outdated anyways so it doesn't matter"
- If I remember correctly this has nothing to do with your pk, from what I remember ofc.

"My superior officer told me we could watch fights that were between consenting individuals just not gamble which I didn't,"
- I dont have much to say about this part, pretty sure you still can't be watching people beating eachother up, but idk.

" and I turned my back on a murder because the man who was murdered broke nlr 3 times just to punch a dude in the face, so it doesn't count. "
- Even if this statement was true, you are not in the authority to let others or yourself deal with ooc issues. From the video provided, which contains concrete proof, you are seen turning your back and having someone next to you shoot the person, killing him. This by itself is from what I understand a clear proof of corruption. This incident happend on cartel territory.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/71ChlDTThs3oJ/d1337cRo3zE9?invite=cr-MSx2N3UsMzc1OTk4MDUs Aswell,  nothing in this clip shows signs of a person breaking nlr.

" Finally, my pk was unjust as I was in the bathroom for 5 minutes in the middle of the police station which would not happen in real life because I would not stare at wall like I had a stroke instead I would fight back and win because I had Kelver"
- This is not true, it is your responsability to get off when you are not playing on the server. This argument has been used many times by people who were pked. AFK is not an excuse to avoid a pk.

"(also every precinct in New York had a metal detector in 1985 and required screening by a guard on duty, so you could not just walk into a station and mow a guy down)"
- This is irrelevant, were playing a game.

The rest of the information you stated in your appeal made no sense so I wont be replying to that. Also, explaining that you are a good officer in you own words does not make staff think your not corrup.

The soldado in charge of investigating you heard a converstation where you gave out information to a crime family which you are corrupt for. https://medal.tv/clips/71rtjgWgsG5uZ/i05xHP5qEj

Aswell you were followed and was being suspected of being apart of different criminal operations which aren't worth mentionning in an appeal.
Once enough evidence was gathered, a hit was place on you and the person who had been following for days took the task and completed perfectly. The NYPD have detectives to investigate criminals and the Medellin Cartel has hitman tasked with taking out troublesome officers like you, who pose a direct threat to the organization.

I hope this has given you all the information you need on why your pk is valid and should stay valid.

- Romullus
            Administrator - Faction Leader

RE: Officer Tony Thomson - Andres_ - 01-10-2022

Hello!

As the Assassin and Investigator responsible for your hit, I will do my best to respond to each assertion in an orderly and respectful manner. I ask that you bear with me, your appeal is not well written, and I have trouble understanding what you're referring at times.
Please note, while I have no ill will towards you, your PK that I conducted was evaluated by the better judgement of my Don, as well as the Staff Team that oversaw the execution of your... execution..  

>I was held at gunpoint and forced to give up information not willingly giving out information the information was outdated anyways so it doesn't matter.

Whether or not this statement is true. I assume this is referring to the start of your corruption and role as an informant? However that may be a response to the medal clip in which you divulge 'legal advice' to two former suspects. In fact, the only firearm present in the clip was the one in your hand at the beginning of the confrontation. Regardless the point is irrelevant.

>My superior officer told me we could watch fights that were between consenting individuals just not gamble which I didn't

Let's assume this to be true. Fighting and gambling are legal, however, underground fighting is not. All events involving gambling and shows must be hosted by a party owning the Gambling and Entertainment Licenses. If you actually check you'd know that the fights were held on property owned by a different faction.

>I turned my back on a murder because the man who was murdered broke nlr 3 times just to punch a dude in the face, so it doesn't count.

Not only do you have no evidence, just because they broke NLR and came back doesn't make it an OOC event. You did not attempt to contact an admin, rather you, Tony Thompson, turned around implying an IC character reason for a murder to take place in character, making the event a tangible showcase of corruption and failure to honor your duty and a Police Officer.

>Finally, my pk was unjust as I was in the bathroom for 5 minutes in the middle of the police station which would not happen in real life because I would not stare at wall like I had a stroke instead I would fight back and win because I had Kelver on (also every precinct in New York had a metal detector in 1985 and required screening by a guard on duty, so you could not just walk into a station and mow a guy down)

Being AFK is not a valid IC reason for anything especially not a PK. Kevlar or not, cops tend to die when getting unloaded on in the T-BOX.
The comment about the metal detectors, sure? I don't understand what that was meant to imply, nice trivia I suppose.

For the rest of your appeal, you proceeded to recount war stories and embellish your resume, which I did not feel the need to respond, nor did I see a reason for it to be included in your appeal. Tony Thompson was a corrupt officer. Whether he was captured and turned corrupt by whatever means, is irrelevant to the point. He acted as an informant as well as an accessory an underground fight club.

This concludes my formal explanation regarding your PK. I hope I did my part to clear up any and all confusion regarding your hit and the verdict 
made by staff team responsible for approving and overseeing your PK. I wish Jack Thompson well hope he find this to be a learning experience.

-Your Hitman

RE: Officer Tony Thomson - Fish Man - 01-10-2022

Hi. I'm the Administrator who issued the PK

I would first of all like to thank Romullus and Andres for leaving their long replies here.

Now, Getting to the matter at hand:
I responded to a PK ticket about your corruption. The Medellin Cartel wanted to kill you over it, I was sent evidence of your corruption in the form of two clips:
In the following clip. You warn a guy about a criminal investigation. You claim you were being held at gun point, But I don't see any firearms being pointed at you in this clip, Tipping off criminals about investigations is blatant corruption
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/71rtjgWgsG5uZ/IumVdMWPS45P
In the following clip. You turn a blind eye to a murder, You say this man broke NLR, Can you please provide some evidence of that? Otherwise this is just you turning your back on murder. Which yet again, Is blatant corruption
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/71ChlDTThs3oJ/tCx5lo3IyDyv?invite=cr-MSx2N3UsMzc1OTk4MDUs

You claim you were in the bathroom for 5 minutes, Yet you had been AFK for over 30 minutes (Probably more. This is just when I noticed you). You being AFK does not stop roleplay in this situation. They were given the green light to assassinate you

You doing normal policing/community service does not excuse corruption, Nor does other officers being "more corrupt than me".

Leave your postscriptum in a suggestion instead of a PK appeal

The Don of the Faction and the Hitman has said pretty much everything else I could add
-- Fish Man

Officer Tony Thomson - Canadian-bacon - 01-13-2022

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.